Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA > Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?

hey, any people from Houston remember "The Beat" that used to come on Saturday nights? I'm looking for the CDs made by the resident DJ (Mark D) and I can't seem to find them anywhere in stores. My best bet seems to find someone who already has these CDs...I'll pay you.

Thanks in advance...

Old Post Feb-10-2007 00:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mz734 Click here to Send mz734 a Private Message Add mz734 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
progress
Where's my protein shake?

I may have some, but they are in a box somewhere. I'll see if I can find them this weekend.

Old Post Feb-10-2007 00:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for progress Click here to Send progress a Private Message Add progress to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lizandrooo
Cacklin' like its 1999

O man. Those cds were the shit. 2 disc. They were sold only @ roxy. Not @ best buy. That was when quicksilver made descent shit and sunbeam and all that.

quote:
Originally posted by jonas
Bring lots of friends, a preist and a sack lunch. You'll need all three.
quote:
Originally posted by Zild
I can understand people wanting to tech up their house since Techno is the shit, but please don't house up my Techno.

Old Post Feb-10-2007 00:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lizandrooo Click here to Send Lizandrooo a Private Message Add Lizandrooo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

I believe there were 5 volumes...4 being released as the show went on and the 5th being a sort of "best of the past" compilation mix. I've been looking for them forever!

Old Post Feb-10-2007 00:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mz734 Click here to Send mz734 a Private Message Add mz734 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Benjamin DuBose
Progressive trance Dj

I have dj Mike Anthony beat cd's from the roxy, I believe that was released in 2000 so the Mark D ones are real old. I also have mark D number if you cant find em send me a PM

www.myspace.com/benjamindubose

Old Post Feb-10-2007 01:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Benjamin DuBose Click here to Send Benjamin DuBose a Private Message Add Benjamin DuBose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

wow, I had no idea Mike Anthony had beat CDs as well. If so I might want those later on after I find all five of Mark D's. I don't like Mike Anthony as much, though.

Old Post Feb-10-2007 01:53  United States
Benjamin DuBose
Progressive trance Dj

quote:
Originally posted by mz734
wow, I had no idea Mike Anthony had beat CDs as well. If so I might want those later on after I find all five of Mark D's. I don't like Mike Anthony as much, though.

I never saw mark d first stretch of the beat at the roxy. i started going there when mike anthony was resident and had the beat with 104.1. his first volume is a 2 cd deal that back in the day was the shit. his second cd came when 104.1 backed out of there deal with the roxy so it was only one cd with i think 8 songs on it. in all this time period with 104 the roxy and mike there was a lot of fucking going on with money so the second cd only got half way done.

Mark d came back to the roxy and started the beat again but with another rap dj and it never evolved again so it went down hill quik. the roxy is now all rap.

Mark D has residency at riche's now on san jacinto along with a radio show on XM radio. Also he went from trance to all progressive

www.myspace.com/benjamindubose

Old Post Feb-10-2007 03:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Benjamin DuBose Click here to Send Benjamin DuBose a Private Message Add Benjamin DuBose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin_D
I never saw mark d first stretch of the beat at the roxy. i started going there when mike anthony was resident and had the beat with 104.1. his first volume is a 2 cd deal that back in the day was the shit. his second cd came when 104.1 backed out of there deal with the roxy so it was only one cd with i think 8 songs on it. in all this time period with 104 the roxy and mike there was a lot of fucking going on with money so the second cd only got half way done.

Mark d came back to the roxy and started the beat again but with another rap dj and it never evolved again so it went down hill quik. the roxy is now all rap.

Mark D has residency at riche's now on san jacinto along with a radio show on XM radio. Also he went from trance to all progressive

Wow, that's messed up...I really think the prime of the beat was when Mark D had it- around 1998-2000; IMO it started to lose its attraction when Mike Anthony took it over...I remember being very disappointed.

I'm aware of Mark D's current residency at Rich's...the website in addition has his XM radio mixes up for download every week. I preferred it when he mixed it up, though.

I did record a few songs from when Mark D had "Wild 104" back in 2003...and during Mike Anthony's time and Mark D's last moments back in 2000. Have nothing earlier than that, though- and that's why I want these CDs...really hope someone has them...

Old Post Feb-10-2007 17:59  United States
juzfugen
Senior tranceaddict

I have " The Beat 3"

Situation 99 - Yaz
Dreaming - Ruff Riders - still a kick ass song IMO
Feels So Good (Mark D Edit)- Sonique
Alive - Jennifer Brown
S Express - Phil Fuldner
Bomba - 666
Let Me Know - Night and Day
Better Off Alone - DJ Jurgen
Relight My Fire - Flash
Amedeus 2000 - Gluseppe D
We are in The Dark - Plasmic Honey
Turn Around- Phats and Smalls
Kick Your Legs Up Higher= Pimp Project
Fruhlinstag - Argonauts

This was released late 1999 early 2000, that was a great time Gothem anyone??

Old Post Feb-11-2007 05:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for juzfugen Click here to Send juzfugen a Private Message Add juzfugen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

Wow! a songlist! are those all the songs on the CD? I see a few I like, few more I have already...others, don't recognize the names. And that Sonique Mark D mix- been looking for it FOREVER!! Actually vol. 3 was the one I wanted the most...followed by volume 5 (which apparently contains some of the classic 90s tracks...gotta find that one and get it)

An awesome CD. Late 1999/early 2000 was one of the best parts of the beat IMO.

Last edited by mz734 on Feb-11-2007 at 06:19

Old Post Feb-11-2007 06:14  United States
Lizandrooo
Cacklin' like its 1999

More playlists please !!!

The cd I remember listening 2 a lot was the cd that had

Ameno by quicksilver
Feel the magic by q
1 minute in heaven by sunbeam
We will survive by warp brothers (?)

quote:
Originally posted by jonas
Bring lots of friends, a preist and a sack lunch. You'll need all three.
quote:
Originally posted by Zild
I can understand people wanting to tech up their house since Techno is the shit, but please don't house up my Techno.

Old Post Feb-11-2007 20:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lizandrooo Click here to Send Lizandrooo a Private Message Add Lizandrooo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lizard_boy
More playlists please !!!

The cd I remember listening 2 a lot was the cd that had

Ameno by quicksilver
Feel the magic by q
1 minute in heaven by sunbeam
We will survive by warp brothers (?)

Do you know which volume that is/was? (and do you have that cd?)

Old Post Feb-11-2007 20:23  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA > Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktune 2 ID(IV) [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSupermarco May - W.A.P (Psycho Vrs) [Sigma Records] [Sigma 037] [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread