Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA > Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kaos1972
Yes I have all of "The Beat" cd's. I have tons of Dance & Trance Music, and those were some of the best mixes ever. I wish DJ Mark D would produce some more cd's as he is one of the more underrated dj's in my opinion. I used to love to listen to "The Beat" on Friday and Saturday nights, whether at the club or listening sitting in the spa drinking some beer, those were some great times. Like I say I do have all of the cd's but in respect to Mark D I don't want to give his music out without his permission. I have contacted Mark D in the past and he seems like a great person so I would no want to disrespect him. I hear he is on XM, too bad I subscribe to Sirius. Thanks.

He does seem like a nice guy. I did manage to get in contact with him once (over email).

It's ok if you don't wish to give out the cds, I understand and respect your decision. However, what about playlists of the songs on all the cds? I don't even know what songs are on volumes 1,2 and 5. I do have a playlist for 4 and a partial one for 3, though.

Also did you happen to record any of the beat mixes on the radio?

Old Post Mar-14-2007 23:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mz734 Click here to Send mz734 a Private Message Add mz734 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
juzfugen
Senior tranceaddict

Heres volume 3

http://www.digitaljihad.com/music/TheBeat3.rar

Old Post Mar-15-2007 06:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for juzfugen Click here to Send juzfugen a Private Message Add juzfugen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

OMG!!!!!!! YOU ARE A GOD!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I can't thank you enough!!!

Last edited by mz734 on Mar-15-2007 at 06:41

Old Post Mar-15-2007 06:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mz734 Click here to Send mz734 a Private Message Add mz734 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
juzfugen
Senior tranceaddict

For whatever reason, when I pulled the mix off the CD it separated all the songs to individuals instead of one long mix. Strange but if you load them up in order, or burn it in order you should be fine.

Old Post Mar-15-2007 06:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for juzfugen Click here to Send juzfugen a Private Message Add juzfugen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

Yes, I believe the mixes are divided up by song...it's like that on all the volumes (or at least it was like that on 4).

Old Post Mar-15-2007 06:49  United States
digitalbreach
the sky is falling

no requests for dj mike anthony

You ain't no daisy, no daisy at all

Old Post Mar-15-2007 16:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for digitalbreach Click here to Send digitalbreach a Private Message Add digitalbreach to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

well I basically got a chance to record all the songs I liked during his era. It's the songs before that that I don't have enough of.

Old Post Mar-15-2007 16:16  United States
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

I will have to look up the track names of all his cd's. The songs he picked were a mixture of different types of trance and house, not just one style, that is what set Mark D apart, he is supposedly still dj'ing at Rich's, which I am not of the gay persuasion so I would never go to that club, but I bet he has some great music spinning. I wish I would have recorded more mixes from the Roxy, I had some but they are on cassette and probably got thrown away. Also all of his cd's are tracked separately, but when you listen it sounds like one mix. Great Cd's. I remember Mike Anthony, where was he from, I also have a a few cd's from DJ Penetrate, I bought the whole cd for one song when it came out "Isbaer", great song. I used to go to the Soundwaves on Montrose just to get Mark D's cd's and other great trance music, haven't been in a while however.

Old Post Mar-15-2007 20:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kaos1972 Click here to Send kaos1972 a Private Message Add kaos1972 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
he is supposedly still dj'ing at Rich's, which I am not of the gay persuasion so I would never go to that club

hmm, not sure I understand...is Rich's a gay club??

Old Post Mar-15-2007 20:16  United States
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Yeah I didn't know it was until I looked it up. That is what clubzone.com says.

Old Post Mar-15-2007 20:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kaos1972 Click here to Send kaos1972 a Private Message Add kaos1972 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

wow, I had no idea either.

But yes he is at Rich's and puts up a new progressive mix on the club website every week or so. But his stuff now- he has a completely different sound than what you hear on those Beat mixes. He's gone solely progressive music-wise...and while some of the mixes are pretty good, I personally feel they've lost a lot of what make Mark D special back in the days of the Beat.

Old Post Mar-15-2007 20:23  United States
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Well I am sorry to hear that, I felt what made his beat mixes the best was the variety, I can't stand listening to alot of the mixes you can download because they are about the same bpm's and pure trance. I like a mix of trance and progressive house. What do you think of the Trance 2004, 2005 & 2006 series from XYZ records, they contain 40 of Europes latest and best trance music, usually put out every three months. Its a pretty good series in my opinion.

Old Post Mar-15-2007 20:40  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA > Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback1996-97 Progressive floaty trance [2015] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAltitude - Altitude (Original Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread