Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

Pretty cool file sharing program coming out for PLaybooks and BB devices.

Old Post Feb-28-2012 13:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
Originally posted by urban_legend
Pretty cool file sharing program coming out for PLaybooks and BB devices.

That is super cool!

First Android Beam (so handy and quick!), and now this. it's amazing the ways sharing information and data/documents keeps improving wirelessly!

(Bump was so flawed and glitchy I found)

Old Post Mar-01-2012 02:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

thats pretty cool. Android Beam is an awesome name. Way better than Thunderbolt lol although I get it.

Hopefully if they come out with a 10" PB and future BB software I'll purchase one.

Any idea on why tablets don't have SD/ card slots? It would make travelling with a DSLR much easier along without the need to bring my laptop around when I'm away.

Old Post Mar-01-2012 04:15  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
Any idea on why tablets don't have SD/ card slots? It would make travelling with a DSLR much easier along without the need to bring my laptop around when I'm away.

That is the ONE feature I wanted in a tablet! I had to get a netbook for my Europe trip last summer for that reason only pretty much. I heard rumours that this 2.0 update would have that option, with the dongle or adapter to fit in the micro USB slot but no

I would have even purchased a smaller PlayBook instead of the 64GB (price difference was significant when I first bought it) if it had that feature considering most of the space on my PlayBook consists of video and music.

Old Post Mar-01-2012 12:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:

Most android tablets have microSD, and some have full SD card readers.

I just hook my camera up to my tablet through USB, and all the camera pics pop up in the gallery. I can import, or send through email, dropbox...etc

Look for a tablet with host USB feature, which again, a lot of them have.

Old Post Mar-01-2012 15:38  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

That doc sharing looks amazing! But, I wonder how much setting up you have to do. Considering it was accessing devices a foot or more away, I would be scared walking down the street or on the subway and it interacting with another device. With Beam, they have to be very very close.

But very very cool none the less. That type of collaboration screams for a larger screen.

Old Post Mar-01-2012 15:41  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:

This is why:

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
I would have even purchased a smaller PlayBook instead of the 64GB (price difference was significant when I first bought it) if it had that feature considering most of the space on my PlayBook consists of video and music.

Apple makes a shatload off selling their higher memory products (I remember an article someone posted in the iPhone thread saying they mark up their cost 10x). RIM is trying to do the same. Androids are way too competitive and each manufacturer knows they need the micro SD card slot or they'll risk losing business to the next guys.

Old Post Mar-01-2012 18:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

Great Article on why Blackberry Playbook is the best tablet value on the Market, at a $199 price point for the 16gb, you can;t beat it.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/02/28/b...-for-your-buck/

Also good Video on predictive text on laybook that's now built into OS 2.0.

Pitch rocket:

Last edited by urban_legend on Mar-01-2012 at 20:44

Old Post Mar-01-2012 18:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Its speed is also evident when executing Javascript-heavy functions; rarely does the browser fail to load a page faster than the iPad 2. When comparing the PlayBook’s browser to the new Ice Cream Sandwich-only Chrome for Android, the BlackBerry trails by an imperceptible degree.

I don't know why they would use the worst, slowest browser on Android as a comparison? Why not use the stock browser, like you did with the Playbook to have an even comparison? Stock browser is much faster, smoother than Chrome is right now.

Most of the 'advantages' have been standard fair, or available through apps on android for a while. Swiftkey, remote, integrated fb/twitter..etc.

If you are going strictly on 'value' (price) then maybe the article is more believable. But judged on those features, sorry no.

Old Post Mar-01-2012 20:13  India
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by Orko

Most of the 'advantages' have been standard fair, or available through apps on android for a while. Swiftkey, remote, integrated fb/twitter..etc.

But why not have that stuff built in, why should you need to download additional apps?

Last edited by urban_legend on Mar-03-2012 at 02:51

Old Post Mar-01-2012 20:45  Canada
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by Orko

But why not have that stuff built in, why shoudl you need to download additional apps?

Old Post Mar-01-2012 20:45  Canada
LKD
Omni-peasant

But why not have that stuff built in, why shoudl you need to download additional apps?

Old Post Mar-02-2012 20:25  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack 5 From Hydroid - Deepwater Sessions 003 07-18-05 [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBoris Ross - Piece of Mind [2009]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread