Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

jamie jones playin w00t
few good nights already planned, it looks like.
and i'd like to see some trance there too no doubt- please bring j00f, absolutely . activa too would be sweet.

Old Post Oct-07-2010 05:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

quote:
Originally posted by zizack
European djs like rotaries? Thats definitely news to me. While doing the party at Love for 3 years, I can't tell you how many "big time" djs from Europe shit their pants when they saw the Urei hooked up. I won't name names....but, my impression was that Euro djs generally disliked the rotary mixers.

That being said, I'm sure D36 will have a linear mixer in house to. Every respectable club has alternate mixers to choose from.

at least that's what i was reading a couple years ago from a bunch of different big name dj's, but now that i think about it, it was a little before the laptop / traktor / serato craze

Old Post Oct-07-2010 10:21  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edge007
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Eco
Rotary mixers are a New York thing... Give Danny Tenaglia or Victor Calderone a rotary, and their eyes would probably beam with excitement..

From my experience, European DJs HAAAAATE rotaries. You see a look in their eyes when they walk into the booth, a look of fear lol.. Most of the time, their contract will stipulate the kind of mixer to be used, usually the Pioneers..

Or Xone 92's... I for one love rotaries, when I had that residency at that hell hole of a club, I shouldve taken that Rane home when they got shut down lol... you remember that place right Marcello?...

Old Post Oct-07-2010 13:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for edge007 Click here to Send edge007 a Private Message Visit edge007's homepage! Add edge007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edge007
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
thats the best part about the booth

oldschool baby!!!!!!!!!!

Def old school, I mean they have turntables!!!... you dont see that now a days...

Old Post Oct-07-2010 13:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for edge007 Click here to Send edge007 a Private Message Visit edge007's homepage! Add edge007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
dude, I'm not talking about big names in our little world, I'm talking about big names to normral people that pack out pacha and clubs around the country. Let me put it in easy to understand terms.....D36 will have Sunday School lineups, not Hilltop/Mainstage djs. This is a good thing....I'm just trying to say that hopefully with the talent they are booking the place won't be an absolute Zoo.

Don't take this offensively but ur just being ignorant! We can agree, I guess, if a place like pacha can get packed by the following of a dj that he's a big name. With that said, were u not there the last time dubfire came to pacha last year? Let me put it into perspective- from the mainfloor to the upper level it was jammed packed, sardine party!! You can youtube his appearance and get a sense of what that night was like- I'd recommend viewing when he dropped Minologue- Jamaica

Last time he was here was at Love which was a total clusterfuck, never put that man in a confined place like that...now that I recall all of this I'm a bit worried if D36, a place set to be a bit bigger then sully and love, would be the best place to hold the capacity it will draw. Oh wells, ill still be there for sure!!

Old Post Oct-07-2010 16:15  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
Don't take this offensively but ur just being ignorant! We can agree, I guess, if a place like pacha can get packed by the following of a dj that he's a big name. With that said, were u not there the last time dubfire came to pacha last year? Let me put it into perspective- from the mainfloor to the upper level it was jammed packed, sardine party!! You can youtube his appearance and get a sense of what that night was like- I'd recommend viewing when he dropped Minologue- Jamaica

Last time he was here was at Love which was a total clusterfuck, never put that man in a confined place like that...now that I recall all of this I'm a bit worried if D36, a place set to be a bit bigger then sully and love, would be the best place to hold the capacity it will draw. Oh wells, ill still be there for sure!!

You missed the point, whatever. Let's just hope since D36 is smaller than pacha they can be more selective with the crowd. The crowd at love for Dubfire was horrendous.

Old Post Oct-07-2010 16:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

If it gets packed, they just have to turn people down so there wont be any problems. Somehow when more $$ is involved I don't feel like many clubs do that.

Old Post Oct-07-2010 17:00  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by edge007
Def old school, I mean they have turntables!!!... you dont see that now a days...

sad but true, I remember when Digweed played at Pacha, they had to do some type of installation so he could play one of his classic vinyls.

vinyl sounds so much better then a digital track

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
please bring j00f

WERD!!!!!!!!! I remember chatting with him during his arc residency he loved how New york could have clubs that played all different types of music under one roof. I know he is licking his chops to get into this place....

Old Post Oct-08-2010 02:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BradMiller
Milk was a bad choice!

Got to take a tour of D36 today and I must say I am very impressed! Layout is very slick - entry, processing, coatcheck, are all fluid and extremely efficient meaning getting in and out should hopefully be very quick and easy. Room size was great - not so big that you need a superstar every night, but big enough that you could still bring in the big guys and rock it out proper. The booth and area behind it was really sick, they have a separate area for people to hang so they don't crowd the booth, but it's right behind the DJ booth so you can still talk to them if needed. The booth itself had pretty much everything you need and then some, and those monitors literally looked like they could blast me right out of there. I didn't get to hear any of the sound system but those stacks sure looked impressive! One thing I was very happy about was that they have no LCD monitors and instead are directly projecting images onto the balcony railings for added effect. Overall, a very sick spot indeed!

Last edited by BradMiller on Oct-08-2010 at 06:55

Old Post Oct-08-2010 06:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BradMiller Click here to Send BradMiller a Private Message Visit BradMiller's homepage! Add BradMiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Thero40
Do it! Do it!

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Axwell?? I highly doubt Taimur would book Axwell....pretty sure that's a baaaaad rumor bro

paco, dubfire, lawler, etc arent big names. The biggest, aka most commercial, they will get is probably Sasha.

I was just at Space ibiza closing and Lawler closes out the outside terrace, im pretty sure that constitutes him as a big name and commercial dj

Last edited by Thero40 on Oct-08-2010 at 09:55

Old Post Oct-08-2010 09:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Thero40 Click here to Send Thero40 a Private Message Visit Thero40's homepage! Add Thero40 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by BradMiller
Got to take a tour of D36 today and I must say I am very impressed! Layout is very slick - entry, processing, coatcheck, are all fluid and extremely efficient meaning getting in and out should hopefully be very quick and easy. Room size was great - not so big that you need a superstar every night, but big enough that you could still bring in the big guys and rock it out proper. The booth and area behind it was really sick, they have a separate area for people to hang so they don't crowd the booth, but it's right behind the DJ booth so you can still talk to them if needed. The booth itself had pretty much everything you need and then some, and those monitors literally looked like they could blast me right out of there. I didn't get to hear any of the sound system but those stacks sure looked impressive! One thing I was very happy about was that they have no LCD monitors and instead are directly projecting images onto the balcony railings for added effect. Overall, a very sick spot indeed!

sweet. What about lasers, do they have sweet lasers?

Old Post Oct-08-2010 14:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TaurusNYY
Techno says...Do this...

quote:
Originally posted by BradMiller

Great feedback- cant wait to see the lights in there esp. those hanging string ones.

Old Post Oct-08-2010 14:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusNYY Click here to Send TaurusNYY a Private Message Add TaurusNYY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown TE2007 Track [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCovenant - "Call The Ships To Port" (Kaylab Remix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread