Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Finally, all our schools, universities, basically all our public facilities are being closed in two days, borders to be closed, relevant private property to be seized by the state if necessary, everyone over 70 are obligated to avoid all outside social contact and to "live in quarantine-like conditions". These are exciting times.

Old Post Mar-16-2020 16:37  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Well, not necessarily. Yes, millions unemployed, but not necessarily all businesses going out of business. There are a lot of tools the government could use to prevent bankruptcies, as well as to help all those millions of unemployed get by. The economy would definitely contract, but then would rebound when things went back to normal.

Okay, but some extrapolation on these tools would have been a more useful response to my question. As things currently stands you can't isolate a whole population for months on end without destroying the economy. I'm not an expert on economics so I'm happy to be corrected if there are effective preventative measures.

Anyway, all this is Devil's Advocate to some degree without seeing the models that have been run. And because we're still learning about the virus, even the modelling will be filled with guesswork. I'm personally happy we haven't just panicked and shut everything immediately. My gut feeling is a phased implementation of measures is better.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-16-2020 16:43  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Ah, nothing like a little John Oliver on coronavirus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_066dEkycr4

Old Post Mar-16-2020 17:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Fun fact: staying pantless is one of the best protections you can have against contracting this virus other than the obvious product i don't want to plug too much more for free.

Old Post Mar-16-2020 18:10  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Fun fact: staying pantless is one of the best protections you can have against contracting this virus other than the obvious product i don't want to plug too much more for free.

Good thing my penis is small enough to hold only a single coronavirus molecule!

Wait...right?

Old Post Mar-16-2020 18:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Some new/additional data on viability on surfaces, etc.:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...w-to-clean-them

Old Post Mar-16-2020 21:56  United States
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Okay, but some extrapolation on these tools would have been a more useful response to my question. As things currently stands you can't isolate a whole population for months on end without destroying the economy. I'm not an expert on economics so I'm happy to be corrected if there are effective preventative measures.

My apologies, I misunderstood your question!

There are a number of measures I would take right now, if I were in charge. But, first of all, no matter what happens, the economy will contract in the next quarter. The important things, in my opinion, are preventing too many deaths, ensuring the economy bounces back once we've gotten through this virus, and ensuring the government does not overly-compromise our liberties long-term because of all this.

Regarding the economy:

We need to just start giving people money. I'd suggest something like £250 per person per week. Now.

A moratorium on debts could be used. No credit card payments, mortgage payments, student loan payments, etc etc. I'm not sure if the timing is right, now, but if things close down for a long while, I'd highly recommend it.

Interest free loans from the government to businesses to help businesses highly at risk, eg airlines or restaurants. Although if a moratorium on debts is introduced, they would not necessarily need as much.

The Bank of England should rapidly expand its asset purchases. If they run out Treasury bonds to buy, they should be allowed to buy whatever they want.

I'm optimistic UK deaths from the virus will be under 100,000, in total, but I think we may see extreme social measures for 3-12 months. The economy will contract in that time, as many things cannot be done from home, but if we can limit the damage, hopefully it won't be catastrophic.

Old Post Mar-17-2020 09:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

An interesting Washington Post article with a virus-spread simulator:

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Oh, and the irony is strong with this one:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...-132797?cid=apn

Last edited by Zoso on Mar-17-2020 at 10:43

Old Post Mar-17-2020 10:19  United States
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Arnie is sheltering place!

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/...383795205169152

Screenshot-20200316-143108

Old Post Mar-17-2020 11:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Jenny, you and your coworkers might find this useful, or at the very least interesting:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0819-2

Old Post Mar-17-2020 15:46  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Screenshot-20200316-143108

hahahaha! this is the best one yet

Old Post Mar-17-2020 16:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Since yesterday I start wondering or better hoping that people around here who were I'll lately already had the Coronavirus. I had a sore throat the entire last week, didn't feel well, but still could work, no coughing or sneezing. Normally nothing to worry about in this time of the year.

Meanwhile our director and his wife and some other people show clear symptoms of Corona infection like coughing, fever, pressure on the chest and feeling extremely tired.

Since the number of confirmed infections still is very low, 200 in our province of 1.1 million people and just 9 in the area I live in, I really hope the number of actual infections is way, way more.

Since the approach here also is herd immunity (60% of the people get infected) a much larger number of infections right now would mean the hospitals about just can handle it, but if the real number is as low as the tests show I don't see how we can get herd immunity soon without over-stressing our hospitals. It probably would take much longer then a year to achieve it in more or less controlled way. The cost and consequences this I don't even want to think about.

In this scenario 2500 people would die in our province. Currently 48 died, so I think the numbers don't look very good.
Tough times to come.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Mar-17-2020 20:00  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID this song please [2007] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThe Rush - "Sensation Anthem 2004" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread