Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
R.j.
Di piú! di piú! di piú!

That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .

Anyone come up with a tracklist yet? I've always wanted to know what the first four tracks are.

Mixed Genre Mixes [50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s]:
MGM 6 /
MGM 5 / MGM 4 /
MGM 3 / MGM 2 / MGM 1

Electronic Dance Music Mixes:
EDM 7

Old Post Dec-08-2012 02:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R.j. Click here to Send R.j. a Private Message Add R.j. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

At this point, the smart money is that Jason Porter is a hoax. Only one guy on the Internet seems to have any information on him, and he tells magical stories of some amazing but unknown DJ who wouldn't let any promoters put his name on flyers, but would apparently play on both side of the Atlantic and release promos with his name on them, and also apparently produce loads of his own tracks that were never released.

The likelihood is that some amateur producer made a bunch of tracks that would sound really good by early-90s standards but didn't have the production quality or sound to get a release on any modern trance label. So to generate hype around his material, this guy invented the story of Jason Porter to intrigue the kind of classic trance fan who would appreciate the material. That guy is probably the same person who started all these Jason Porter threads on TA.

So, in other words: I think the tracks you're after are unreleased amateur productions, and will never come to light.

> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]

Old Post Dec-08-2012 04:39  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

was that ecksemmess? lol

quote:
Originally posted by ecksemmess
He's American. I think I heard once that he was from Chicago, but not sure about that. Definitely American though.

BTW, having seen him several dozen times, I can assure you there was absolutely no Jesus posing.... or any other kind of posing. Very shy DJ.

A lot of Googling has failed to bring up any mention of anyone having seen him recently. So there are either two possibilities: either he's still doing the "never announce my name or put it on flyers" thing, leaving partygoers wondering who the fuck they just saw, or, he's retired or semi-retired despite having put out that 2007 promo set. Something tells me it's the former.

I'm glad he took that route. He's so damned good that if he allowed it, he would have been rather famous in no time, and that would have robbed the experiences hearing him play of what made them special: the intimacy, the fact that it was always at some random venue in the middle of nowhere, the fact that no one had any idea who was playing or what any of the music was, except that it was beautiful. There's no way to get quite that kind of experience seeing any big name DJ, no matter how good they are.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Dec-08-2012 07:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
R.j.
Di piú! di piú! di piú!

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
At this point, the smart money is that Jason Porter is a hoax. Only one guy on the Internet seems to have any information on him, and he tells magical stories of some amazing but unknown DJ who wouldn't let any promoters put his name on flyers, but would apparently play on both side of the Atlantic and release promos with his name on them, and also apparently produce loads of his own tracks that were never released.

The likelihood is that some amateur producer made a bunch of tracks that would sound really good by early-90s standards but didn't have the production quality or sound to get a release on any modern trance label. So to generate hype around his material, this guy invented the story of Jason Porter to intrigue the kind of classic trance fan who would appreciate the material. That guy is probably the same person who started all these Jason Porter threads on TA.

So, in other words: I think the tracks you're after are unreleased amateur productions, and will never come to light.

Jeez. That's some hoax.

At any rate: to the amateur producer, if yoo exist, please poot those tracks up for download. Thank yoo very much.

Mixed Genre Mixes [50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s]:
MGM 6 /
MGM 5 / MGM 4 /
MGM 3 / MGM 2 / MGM 1

Electronic Dance Music Mixes:
EDM 7

Old Post Dec-08-2012 08:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R.j. Click here to Send R.j. a Private Message Add R.j. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
justin
bana na-na

Download my ass ,friend

Last edited by justin on Dec-08-2012 at 10:09

Old Post Dec-08-2012 09:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for justin Click here to Send justin a Private Message Add justin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

If he's american, then perhaps Steve Porter might know something about him.

Old Post Dec-08-2012 13:57  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

Can someone shed some light on this? Never heard of this guy before (on TA).

Old Post Dec-08-2012 14:27  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Salegon
Beautiful blond woman

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.
If he's american, then perhaps Steve Porter might know something about him.

Sure thing.
Same with Prof.anity, Bradvanity, Cat-astrophy, Bat-wannabee and Fatmanatee. Amirite?

Old Post Dec-08-2012 20:12  St Lucia
Click Here to See the Profile for Salegon Click here to Send Salegon a Private Message Add Salegon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

good day mate. I'm glad your sarcasm detector was working.

Old Post Dec-08-2012 20:33  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
justin
bana na-na

You have to appreciate the music. Underground means can't.be seen. For not so obvious reasons the guy chooses to remain anonymous. Speculate and reason all you want.
Could be an old Moby set for all you know.
OP atleast make a download link

Old Post Dec-08-2012 22:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for justin Click here to Send justin a Private Message Add justin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

here you go.

http://speedy.sh/uCp7Z/Jason-Porter-Trellis-1994.mp3

rj, i think there is a tl (with some gaps). i recall that i saw it here a few years ago but i couldn't find it tonight.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Dec-09-2012 08:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

my best alt ever.

Old Post Dec-09-2012 09:22  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread