Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Deep House anyone?
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Scoops
4 bags deep

Martin Roth has been killing it with the Deep house sound lately

Old Post Sep-24-2012 22:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
magocbluestar80
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
Martin Roth has been killing it with the Deep house sound lately

yes he has ..

Old Post Sep-25-2012 00:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for magocbluestar80 Click here to Send magocbluestar80 a Private Message Add magocbluestar80 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Temisan Adoki
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ReenTeenTeen
no, you're not in a wrong section!!! NY is all about deep house. more or less all quality NY DJs and top rated names (name after name) that started here were/are a part of "deep house" scene. There are to this day most amazing deep house played almost on weekly bases. (just take 718crew for example and so forward) Where is Silverbull when you need him

Personally, I took to house music in about 93ish, randomly after hearing a deep house mix tape. loved it ever since. My thing though is that I love the pre 2000 deep house. (to me its a big split)

Ype. I mean the first deep house records that really got me into it were NY and Chicago deep house records from the early to mid 90s. The sound was amazing. Really lush melodies, smooth basslines, and shuffling percussion with some quality vocals over it every now and then.

I agree with you about 2000 and after...it's just not the same. After 2002 or so (IMO) it just became fused with more tech house and minimal house elements. While i dig that, it was really far away from the stuff that came out before 2000.

And there are still loads of great deep house releases that are coming out.

Old Post Sep-25-2012 01:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Temisan Adoki Click here to Send Temisan Adoki a Private Message Visit Temisan Adoki's homepage! Add Temisan Adoki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Temisan Adoki
Senior tranceaddict

That Moodymann ish...

Old Post Sep-25-2012 01:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Temisan Adoki Click here to Send Temisan Adoki a Private Message Visit Temisan Adoki's homepage! Add Temisan Adoki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Temisan Adoki
Senior tranceaddict

Old Post Sep-25-2012 01:13  United States
Temisan Adoki
Senior tranceaddict

Old Post Sep-25-2012 01:21  United States
edubbz
never turn into a pumpkin

ah, deep house, my techno mistress! how i've grown to love you...

rest assured, that if this, whenever, is the topic of discussion, the names of Jus-Ed and Fred P will be mentioned by me- my personal favs that keep it true to the roots of the genre.
The parties at national underground this year hosting Jus-Ed were nothing short of spectacular..can't wait for him to return.

enjoy...

Last edited by edubbz on Sep-25-2012 at 02:18

Old Post Sep-25-2012 02:02  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Temisan Adoki
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
ah, deep house, my techno mistress! how i've grown to love you...

rest assured, that if this, whenever, is the topic of discussion, the names of Jus-Ed and Fred P will be mentioned by me- my personal favs that keep it true to the roots of the genre.
The parties at national underground this year hosting Jus-Ed were nothing short of spectacular..can't wait for him to return.

enjoy...

+2

I'm a huge Jus-Ed/Fred P/Underground Quality fan so this was a great post! They're really bringing deep house into new and amazing directions!

Old Post Sep-25-2012 05:06  United States
ReenTeenTeen
Space Kadet

Okay, let's get legend deep with the roots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAzZs8gRMyc

this kind of sound was my everyday playlist rootin since i started working 9-5, first in the morning and then at least once more later in the day. (bangers don't jive with first coffee)

NYTA #1 F.I.L.F.
quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I will ban you
"Our music has no limit to it boundaries nor is there a difference in genre to identify it but as a work of art." - ReenTeenTeen
quote:
Originally posted by djquick83
They got K in Kansas son. ... Its called the KKK. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

RTT=GENIOUS <3

Old Post Sep-25-2012 15:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for ReenTeenTeen Click here to Send ReenTeenTeen a Private Message Add ReenTeenTeen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz

FYI, Jimmy Edgar will be at Le Bain this Sunday (free)

Old Post Sep-25-2012 17:26  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for edubbz Click here to Send edubbz a Private Message Add edubbz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stassi
America's Degenerate

Deep and Techy:

Old Post Sep-26-2012 03:02  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Stassi Click here to Send Stassi a Private Message Visit Stassi's homepage! Add Stassi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edubbz

thanks for sharing, Tas..I'll give it a listen

allow me to shift a foot to the left, while staying in line, and touch up on some wicked acid-house which Mr.C embraces us through his re-launched Superfreq label tour- last night was just...well, INSANELY WICKED!

"feels so good when it touches the lips" type of night music, enjoy.

Old Post Sep-29-2012 20:34  Colombia

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Deep House anyone?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread