Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Flash Factory
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
cl384923
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Not officially but a couple inside sources have told me. That and NYC and Toronto are the only North American dates on his tour. It'd be really odd if they weren't the same weekend.

I agree, it absolutely makes sense, I was more just wondering towards the rest of the lineups. We saw a ton of Dixon in new york last year so feeling like we might not as much this year. Thinking of making the trip up for Dixon and Ame live assuming they would likely be on the same date.

Old Post Apr-06-2016 19:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl384923 Click here to Send cl384923 a Private Message Add cl384923 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

taking the certified Cicerone beer cert in Connecticut this summer so I have a built-in excuse to hit up NYC for some shows.

This Flash Factory place is definitely intriguing. Went to Output for the first time for the Awakenings afterparty and while it was a damned good club, it was really just a little too small for what the concept of the club demands the size to be. I always use Space Miami as my reference standard for clubs and while Output did have a lot of the similarities when it comes to vibe, sound, "darkness," etc, it just felt slightly claustrophobic.

Exciting to hear that some of you are really stoked for this place and that it's apparently big enough for what it aims to be. Can't wait to fly up there again

Old Post Apr-06-2016 20:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

Sven's weekend is epic

Bad Boy Reunion Friday Night into BLKMarket 10YR Anniversary
Sleep
THEN PAPA SVEN!

Old Post Apr-06-2016 21:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
Sven's weekend is epic

Bad Boy Reunion Friday Night into BLKMarket 10YR Anniversary
Sleep
THEN PAPA SVEN!

i cannot even wrap my head around how ridiculously amazing that bad boy reunion party lineup is. holy shit. saw so many of them years ago. pissed i never heard about this concert until now.

Old Post Apr-06-2016 22:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

kotsy:
come check out resolute (Zip) after Sven, going til noon.
Output, even if it goes late, 7 or 8 (which hasnt happened much lately to my knowledge), closes doors at 4, so nvr a chance for seconds there.

and for anyone needing more after resolute, there's this with Robert Hood:
https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?816466

Old Post Apr-07-2016 00:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl384923
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Planning on coming out to see Sven on the 21st then taking the bus home to Toronto and catching a Danny T marathon at Nest and Sven again on the 23rd @ Electric Island

Just saw the confirmed lineup for this pretty massive. I cant stand Jamie Jones personally but Papa Sven, Tennis and Job Jobse is killer.

Old Post Apr-13-2016 16:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl384923 Click here to Send cl384923 a Private Message Add cl384923 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

It's going to be tough...

City Fox Mirage Day to Night, then some how get to Sven at Flash Factory. 6-12 city fox, 1-6 sven?

Old Post Apr-15-2016 12:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darkbeats
tranceaddict in training

Checked it out this weekend for Pan-Pot and it's a really nice NYC club. I'll just keep it simple and list the pros and cons:

pros:

• no line at ~11:30 and I got right in after about 5 minute wait at coat check, started to fill up by 1AM, it is $5 per item but they were nice and let it slide this time so I only had to pay for 1

• decent layout, didn't get excessively crowded where you couldn't move, multiple bars in each section

• the bouncers seemed cool and professional, not overly interfering with the crowd except for a couple instances I saw them make people put out cigarettes, they even said no smoking when entering the building and let me keep a candy bar I had

• small Evian waters are (if I recall correctly) $7 instead of Pacha's and Marquee's $9 and you can refill them with cold water in the bathroom sink if you are a penny pincher

• there's a few places to sit surrounding the dance floor, though not a nice as a Output in that respect

cons:

• only 1 small bathroom causing a logistics issue at certain times, by the end of the night it was very gross as they never cleaned it

• I really wish Output's no camera policy would catch on

• the freaks and clubkids can kill the vibe a little if you let them get to you and your personal space, wasn't a major issue for me though

• closes at 5AM sharp, here's where I really miss Pacha, though the bathroom attendant said it used to be 4:30 and they are gradually going to try to extend the hours so as not to push their luck with the city as they get into the summer

• I'm probably in the minority here but I'm not a fan of the gothic "techno church" theme and thought the visuals effects were lacking

• bartenders are aloof and hard to order from at times, a female one was just plain retarded and I couldn't even ask her simple questions without receiving dumbfounded looks

Other notes:

• I could be imagining it, but the sound seemed quiet in the beginning of the night, but gradually got ramped up as the night went on, it never got too loud as others have complained, but it doesn't seem evenly distributed the further you get away towards the back of the club

• it has a very debaucherous vibe and there's a lot of freaky stuff going on all around

Old Post Apr-17-2016 12:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for darkbeats Click here to Send darkbeats a Private Message Add darkbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BPM_PHL
Senior tranceaddict

Bespoke for Rampue -> CityFox-> Reso.

Starting outdoor season off properly.

Old Post Apr-21-2016 02:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BPM_PHL Click here to Send BPM_PHL a Private Message Add BPM_PHL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

Went to Sven. Was actually a really good party. The sound is pretty quality, but when you push the system the bass gets really muddy and you lose the mids/highs.

It ended at like 4:15 though. Does anyone know why they have to end so early? Neighbor issues or what?

Old Post May-23-2016 02:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

i dont think they are trying to draw attention to themselves and wanna stay within their limit of closing time. not sure if they have/need a licence to stay open later

my friend went to sven and said he only played 2.5 hours. imo thats bullshit for the money they were charging and he is known to be a dj who can easily do 6 hours. next time he needs a better venue imo

Old Post May-23-2016 12:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
i dont think they are trying to draw attention to themselves and wanna stay within their limit of closing time. not sure if they have/need a licence to stay open later

my friend went to sven and said he only played 2.5 hours. imo thats bullshit for the money they were charging and he is known to be a dj who can easily do 6 hours. next time he needs a better venue imo

Carl Cox and Sven at Mirage, there I said it

Old Post May-23-2016 13:03 

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Flash Factory
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTiΓ«sto 01 June 2010 @Rome [2010] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVPL - "Bass Trouble" (Original Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread