Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Fall 2018 Gas
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

Plus they just look like the originals, which helps them feel like the originals. The System 8 always looked so cold to me. The plug-out would be software as well, blech again.

Old Post Sep-28-2018 04:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
I just picked up the JX03 I was gassing over for $230 on Reverb.com.

Old Post Sep-28-2018 06:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

One of the things I used to complain about all the time was the cost of ear pad replacements. It used to cost ~$99 for a pair of ear pad replacements for my Senny HD 565s. It's just foam, covered with velour, stuck to an oval shaped bit of plastic. I only ever purchased replacements one time, as they were just too worn out from my infrequent washings.
I actually designed my own blueprint for replacements using cardboard, foam, and cloth, that you just sticky tape to your cans.

Now, finally there are unofficial compatible replacement ear pads on ebay for less than $10 posted. And also band cushion replacements for $8 shipped so I can finally get rid of that unsightly bubblewrap!

And I remember now that the only reason I have a pair of HD 280 Pros is that they were $120 shipped during an ebay sale. A much better buy than $99 ear pad replacements.

Last edited by Mel David on Sep-30-2018 at 10:33

Old Post Sep-28-2018 07:05  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Plus they just look like the originals, which helps them feel like the originals. The System 8 always looked so cold to me. The plug-out would be software as well, blech again.

Furry muff.

I had the JU-06 and the JX-03 (actually I had two JU-06's) and they were fantastic. I think the TB-03 suits the form factor well too (if you want a 303), but the 08 and 09 are just gimmicky imo. Too small to be used as intended.

Old Post Sep-28-2018 11:36  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

They are releasing a PS1 console with built-in games as a mini reincarnation ala NES/SNES Classic. Might be worth it for the nostalgia factor.

Old Post Sep-28-2018 12:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I had the JU-06 and the JX-03 (actually I had two JU-06's) and they were fantastic. I think the TB-03 suits the form factor well too (if you want a 303), but the 08 and 09 are just gimmicky imo. Too small to be used as intended.

I don't mind the small size, I think ti's an advantage. What would be bad is if there was a ton of menu diving. There's a little bit of menu diving on the SH-01a which I don't think was necessary, but having everything right in front of you is great. Don't even need to adjust your gaze or turn your head to tweak a sound.

Old Post Sep-28-2018 14:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I don't mind the small size, I think ti's an advantage. What would be bad is if there was a ton of menu diving. There's a little bit of menu diving on the SH-01a which I don't think was necessary, but having everything right in front of you is great. Don't even need to adjust your gaze or turn your head to tweak a sound.

Agreed, there was a little bit with the JU-06 as well in terms of shift clicking the numerical buttons for certain functions, but all the sound design stuff is intuitive and not too small. The JP-08 was a different matter though. Stupid small sliders with no resolution to them.

I mean I'd love them to do a Boutique JD-800 too, but.....

Old Post Sep-28-2018 14:44  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
The JP-08 was a different matter though. Stupid small sliders with no resolution to them.

The sliders are small but I don't mind them much, the only thing that I haven't liked so far is having to set the portamento amount using the right ribbon, the visual feedback for the amount is terrible and fingers are too fat to set it accurately.

Old Post Sep-28-2018 14:49  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
The sliders are small but I don't mind them much, the only thing that I haven't liked so far is having to set the portamento amount using the right ribbon, the visual feedback for the amount is terrible and fingers are too fat to set it accurately.

Yeah I've yet to find a use for ribbon controllers. I used to have the CMC controllers for Cubase and they were completely useless. Every time you set a value, that value could move +/- 10% when you take your finger off the ribbon.

Old Post Sep-28-2018 15:21  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by Mel David

One of the things I used to complain about all the time was the cost of ear pad replacements. It used to cost ~$99 for a pair of ear pad replacements for my Senny HD 565s. It's just foam, covered with velour, stuck to an oval shaped bit of plastic. I only ever purchased replacements one time, as they were just too worn out from my infrequent washings.
I actually designed my own blueprint for replacements using cardboard, foam, and cloth, that you just sticky tape to your cans.

Now, finally there are unofficial compatible replacement ear pads on ebay for less than $10 posted. And also band cushion replacements for $8 shipped so I can finally get rid of that unsightly bubblewrap!

And I remember now that the only reason I have a pair of HD 280 Pros is that they were $120 shipped during an ebay sale. A much better buy than $99 ear pad replacements.

eeewwwwww very nice Poly Evolver

Old Post Sep-30-2018 21:04  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

Anyone buying kidneys?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...log-synthesizer

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/sho...0&postcount=408

Old Post Oct-01-2018 15:32  United States
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Anyone buying kidneys?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...log-synthesizer

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/sho...0&postcount=408

Holy smokes.

Old Post Oct-01-2018 15:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Fall 2018 Gas
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID please - Sweet Melody! [2003] [31]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKuffdam & Plant - "Seduction" (The Level Above Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread