Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
shaw
RIP

see: edit

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tasty Onions
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
It might mess with the actors ability to concentrate while filming, but I'm positive that all of the audio dialogue you hear in the movie is not recorded at the same time of the filming. It's all done in a sound studio.

Link? I know there's some correction for scenes where there's ambient noise, but I've never heard of whole (non-animated) movies having their entire dialogue recorded after the fact...

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Tasty Onions Click here to Send Tasty Onions a Private Message Add Tasty Onions to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

srussell's got a case of the Nous this morning.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

I don't know what you're getting at. It doesn't matter if someone shuffles something or makes a noise because they re-record everything after the fact anyways.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:26  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by bananas
and the reasoning behind that is?

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
1) The plot sucks
I won’t discuss the plot in detail, cause it’s so open to interpretation. That can be good or bad, a cheap way out when you can’t come up with a better ending or a way to let everyone make up their own mind and make it a personal experience for the viewer. It rather feels like the first I would say, but whatever. Most likely everything is Leo’s dream. If it weren’t, the plot would suck really hard. Why can’t his kids fly to France, why is the whole thing involving Saito so retarded, why is the whole “Oh , we can’t simply get out cause Leo didn’t tell us about the sedation and that we’ll end up in Limbo-dance world (where your brain neurons works at over light speed) if we die and therefore it’s serious business and the audience must now ing care, whoa!” so retarded, etc etc? Yeah, let’s say it’s a dream. Probably one that’s more an allegory on making movies and how they could work on audiences rather than exploring Leo’s mind and past. OK, why not? But still, the industry espionage storyline is crap. In that case the whole I want to see my kids storyline is rather silly, too. No matter what interpretation you pick, the plot sucks at one point or another. I can’t find a level where Inception works for me, the allegory on movies and their making is the one I like best, but then the plot really is weak.

2) The dream worlds fail hard
One of the reasons it had so much potential was the “pure creativity” (as one characters phrases it) you can realize in dreams. And here Nolan fails brutally. Really, the best thing the guy can come up with is folding Paris on top of itself? And that’s only done to showcase his cool CGI the possibilities. Yeah, show the audience how cool it can be and then just stick with some uncreative action scenes and a bit of zero gravity. Seriously, what is this whole action crap in there for? Too keep people entertained, I guess. How about using creativity and some more crazy ideas instead of we see in every other movie, Mr. Nolan? Take a look at Kaufman’s Eternal Sunshine to see how it’s done. Yeah, he had less CGI and action but a thousand times better ideas than you. You should have come up with some really insane dream instead of that crap you got now, what a waste of possibilities.

So yeah, the whole thing left me largely disappointed. It’s nowhere near as good as it could have been and only barely lands in the realm of good at all. Mostly because DiCaprio sucks as little as possible for him (read: quite decent) and it’s refreshingly different and original.

quote:
Originally posted by Omar Little
Name me another director in Hollywood right now with a perfect record.

This has to be the post with the highest density of stupidity in the entire c0r right now. Why start talking about other directors? Why Hollywood directors? What is a "perfect record" and what does it have to do with anything?
God, I fell dirty for only quoting that crap.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:28  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by shaw

I don't know personally, but one of my friends from work went to SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) where he was studying audio design for movies, and he said almost all dialogue in movies and most TV shows is recorded in a studio. It's for the sound quality of it. You can't get the same level of sound quality by just using boom mics overhead.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:30  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tasty Onions
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by shaw

trolololol?

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Tasty Onions Click here to Send Tasty Onions a Private Message Add Tasty Onions to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

I don't have any links, and I don't personally know if that's true or not. I'm just telling you what my friend told me, and he went to school specifically for that area of movie-making. It makes sense if you think about it. How else could you get the quality of the sound to be so perfect?

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:33  Ireland
Tasty Onions
tranceaddict

I dunno, just doesn't sound too plausible to me. I do know that almost all non-dialogue sound ("foley" work), even really tiny things like doors closing, papers being handled, people walking, etc., is dubbed in after the fact.

But I'd never heard the same about dialogue.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:37  United States
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Russell, Stephen
Are you sure that dialogue in movies is all recorded separately in a sound studio? 11:41 AM

*****, Mark
mostly depending on budget 11:41 AM

Russell, Stephen
Why do they do that? 11:43 AM

*****, Mark
because its easier to get it to sound good with a controlled environment with out all the noise from the set and stuff 11:45 AM

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:45  Ireland
Tasty Onions
tranceaddict

I think he's yanking your chain.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:51  United States
srussell0018
Chaostician

Perhaps.

Old Post Jul-21-2011 15:56  Ireland

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackI Hope You Can IDentify This One : Techno Track Taken From A Chris Liebing live : 3 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJan Johnston - Superstar (Magik Muzik Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread