Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MrSquirrel
Auf Wiedersehen

Time to add a bit more from the world of MrSquirrel's reading habits.

The Hyperion saga by Dan Simmons:

Hyperion
Fall of Hyperion
Endymion
Rise of Endymion (have not read this one yet but it continues Endymion and I am sure it will be good)

If you read the firs ttwo you will definitely be suspicious of those two guys that made the Matrix films and how "original" their idea really was.

MrS

-"Reality" is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.

Old Post Apr-27-2004 06:10  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for MrSquirrel Click here to Send MrSquirrel a Private Message Visit MrSquirrel's homepage! Add MrSquirrel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
oDrori
howdy

quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Dank-Poo
"Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintanence" - Robert M. Pirsig

Heh, I was just thinking of getting to read this one! Dad seems to have liked it

I'd recommend "The Age Of Thinking Machines" by Ray Kurtzwille... Actually didn't quite catch me on it's main subject but the general stuff that surrounds it was quite interesting to read.

Old Post May-02-2004 16:54  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for oDrori Click here to Send oDrori a Private Message Add oDrori to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cyrus King
Anti NeoCon Addict

I just discovered GUNS GERMS & STEEL By Jared Diamond.
Essentially, it examines why societies are so different around the globe by analyzing the historical, environmental and industrial factors throughout the continents.

For example, he goes on to illustrate the factors that let europeans become more industrialized as opposed to Africans.

Old Post May-03-2004 02:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Cyrus King Click here to Send Cyrus King a Private Message Add Cyrus King to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smokeape
Lowland Trance Addict

Read the Bible and repent you Hoser!

HAHHAHHAAAAA!!!!
Your favorite redneck...

[[[smoke]]]

Old Post May-21-2004 00:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for smokeape Click here to Send smokeape a Private Message Add smokeape to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaffeemeister
tranceaddict

As many have said before, 1984 by George Orwell is an awesome book, it's a must read!!! Talks about an futuristic autocratic society. Starship Troopers is another book in similar vein, however it's more sci-fi and still has the same type of theme i reckon.
Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury is another great read as well.

Rene' Descartes: Discourse on Methods
Machiavelli - The Prince
Plata - The Republic
Confucious's Analects
Sir Thomas More - Utopia
Achtung Panzer - Heinz Guderian (Miltary Theory on Mobile Armoured Warfare)
Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Armor Attacks : The Tank Platoon - John Antal
On War - By Clauswitz...(dunno if it's spelt right or not)

Old Post Jun-20-2004 04:32  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for kaffeemeister Click here to Send kaffeemeister a Private Message Visit kaffeemeister's homepage! Add kaffeemeister to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psionic
Dark & Dirty

Gonna start reading Robert Reich's new book called "Reason."

Old Post Jul-04-2004 20:59  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Psionic Click here to Send Psionic a Private Message Add Psionic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tathi
wanderlust

quote:
Originally posted by kaffeemeister
Starship Troopers is another book in similar vein, however it's more sci-fi and still has the same type of theme i reckon.

ahh, Robert Heinlein - Starship Troopers, greatest satirical writer in history imo

Old Post Jul-31-2004 11:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tathi Click here to Send tathi a Private Message Add tathi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceGiant
randomly disappoints

Anyone read the Clinton biography yet?

Old Post Jul-31-2004 17:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceGiant Click here to Send TranceGiant a Private Message Visit TranceGiant's homepage! Add TranceGiant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Izzy
Virtue & Vice

quote:
Originally posted by TranceGiant
Anyone read the Clinton biography yet?

its like 900 and some pages... and with no real plot twists or surprises i doubt i'll find the motivation to read it

Old Post Aug-10-2004 21:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Izzy Click here to Send Izzy a Private Message Add Izzy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cyrus King
Anti NeoCon Addict

quote:
Originally posted by smokeape
Read the Bible and repent you Hoser!

HAHHAHHAAAAA!!!!
Your favorite redneck...

[[[smoke]]]

I would rather burn it and laugh as it becomes what it should .... a worthless pile of ash

Old Post Aug-11-2004 15:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Cyrus King Click here to Send Cyrus King a Private Message Add Cyrus King to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tathi
wanderlust

Viktor Frankl - Mans Search For Meaning

Old Post Aug-28-2004 04:26  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tathi Click here to Send tathi a Private Message Add tathi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

quote:
Originally posted by Izzy
its like 900 and some pages... and with no real plot twists or surprises i doubt i'll find the motivation to read it

I wonder if it talks at all about Vince Foster?

Old Post Aug-28-2004 08:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacku HAVE to hear this one!! [2002] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRobert Gitelman & Jaron - Lost Sound [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread