Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Magnetonium
Dubstep = Douchestep

Dam ... I just finished reading that Confessions of An Economic Hitman by John Perkins book, and its the best dam book I've read in the past 2 years ... and I've read a lot of books in that span. Highly recommended!

Whenever you go and buy something, you are affecting someone somewhere, be it environment, a person, or a community - you're making a statement with what you buy. So make it a smart choice ... Its a big picture

Old Post Sep-04-2007 01:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnetonium Click here to Send Magnetonium a Private Message Visit Magnetonium's homepage! Add Magnetonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Krypton
83.798 g/6.022x10^23

quote:
Originally posted by Magnetonium

Dam ... I just finished reading that Confessions of An Economic Hitman by John Perkins book, and its the best dam book I've read in the past 2 years ... and I've read a lot of books in that span. Highly recommended!

What's it about.

Old Post Sep-04-2007 01:29  Korea-Democratic Peoples Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for Krypton Click here to Send Krypton a Private Message Visit Krypton's homepage! Add Krypton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lebezniatnikov
Stupidity Annoys Me

I just finished Vijay Prashad's "The Darker Nations: A People's History of the Third World" and it is fantastic. An insane amount of detail for a political historiography on a topic few people know anything about. From the conferences in Berlin and Bandung to the present, it details the history of the post-colonial non-aligned movement, and discusses the ability of the so-called third world to develop on its own trajectory.

Old Post Sep-25-2007 07:13  United Nations
Click Here to See the Profile for Lebezniatnikov Click here to Send Lebezniatnikov a Private Message Add Lebezniatnikov to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atbell
Supreme tranceaddict

The books I've read recently include:

Confessions of an Economic Hit man - as mentioned above anyone who's interested in international relations should read this. I finished it over a weekend.

Leviathan, Thomas Hobbes - A daunting 500 pages. It's worth reading his second chapter about civil society but the other three (of man, of civil christian society, of dark society) are long, dull, and over the top religious at times.

The Nature of Economics, Jane Jacobs - She's a great author. I really liked her book "Dark Age Ahead" but this one didn't measure up. Part of the problem was that she esentially took a collection of essays and tried to frame them as an extended conversation between friends. Some good ideas and it was easy to read.

On Liberty, John Stewart Mills - This has been really good so far, I'm only about half done.

Old Post Sep-29-2007 11:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for atbell Click here to Send atbell a Private Message Add atbell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

quote:
Originally posted by Krypton
What's it about.

www.amazon.com

Old Post Nov-01-2007 23:51  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Renegade
____________/

Not sure if how many people are already familiar with the site "Library Thing" but I'll mention it here anyway. It's basically just a site that lets you catalogue all the books you own / have read and you can search for recommendations based on the books in your catalogue etc.

Tried starting a group, but doesn't seem to want to work. Maybe you guys will have better luck with it than I am:

http://www.librarything.com/groups/tranceaddictbookclub

And here's my profile if anyone cares:

http://www.librarything.com/profile/Renegade

Old Post Nov-28-2007 16:40  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade Click here to Send Renegade a Private Message Add Renegade to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tathi
wanderlust

i don´t have time to list all my books, i dont have time to read all my books, i have a bad habit of going into bookstores and buying books that i wont read until two years down the track hah

just finished Lost over Laos which is the incredibly moving true story of the four greatest war photojournalists in the vietnam war, their lives, their work, and their deaths when a chopper carrying the four of them was shot down over Laos. 5/5

Now reading The Long Emergency - Surviving the Converging Catastrophies of the 21st Century only half way through and my god its eye opening...

Old Post Feb-28-2008 05:01  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tathi Click here to Send tathi a Private Message Add tathi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tathi
wanderlust

quote:
Originally posted by atbell
The books I've read recently include:

Confessions of an Economic Hit man - as mentioned above anyone who's interested in international relations should read this. I finished it over a weekend.

ive heard really good things about that book, and also read an interesting interview on the author, having lived in Ecuador i know that many things that he´s talked about are true.

Old Post Feb-28-2008 05:04  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tathi Click here to Send tathi a Private Message Add tathi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive

quote:
From Amazon:

If you heard the Truth, would you believe it? Ancient civilizations. Hyperdimensional realities. DNA changes. Bible conspiracies. What are the realities? What is disinformation? The Secret History of The World and How To Get Out Alive is the definitive book of the real answers where Truth is more fantastic than fiction. Laura Knight-Jadczyk, wife of internationally known theoretical physicist, Arkadiusz Jadczyk, an expert in hyperdimensional physics, draws on science and mysticism to pierce the veil of reality. Due to the many threats on her life from agents and agencies known and unknown, Laura left the United States to live in France, where she is working closely with Patrick Rivière, student of Eugene Canseliet, the only disciple of the legendary alchemist Fulcanelli. To this day, Laura continues to undergo ad-hominem attacks on her web pages, her blog and even as faux book 'reviews' on book seller websites, by those threatened by the information she reveals in this definitive work. Yet, with sparkling humour and wisdom, she picks up where Fulcanelli left off, sharing over thirty years of research to reveal, for the first time, The Great Work and the esoteric Science of the Ancients in terms accessible to scholar and layperson alike.

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Histor...05601369&sr=8-1

Old Post Apr-01-2008 04:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Q5echo
asymetrical scepticism

quote:
Originally posted by Trancer-X
You're posting in the wrong thread, Q

i'm a goober. thanx.

Old Post Apr-01-2008 06:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Q5echo Click here to Send Q5echo a Private Message Add Q5echo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

The Golden Bough by Sir James George Frazer

http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/frazer/index.htm

Old Post Apr-02-2008 11:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

Traces of a Hidden Tradition in Masonry and Medieval Mysticism by Isabel Cooper-Oakley

http://www.sacred-texts.com/sro/mmm/index.htm

The Hidden Church of the Holy Graal by Arthur Edward Waite

http://www.sacred-texts.com/sro/hchg/index.htm

and

The Nag Hammadi Library's

The Gospel of Truth

As translated by Robert M. Grant

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/got.html

Old Post Apr-02-2008 11:55  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackidentification plz [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMoogwai - Viola (Armin Van Buuren Remix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread