Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
And I actually got shoved out of the way by two stupid whores, and their reasoning was "IT'S HER BIRTHDAY!" Worst kind of entitled behaviour.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 15:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Ugh I can still hear the annoying ring of their high pitched squeals in my head. Dumb skanks.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 15:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I'll bring it back to Burridge though and say that I love how the minute he takes over, there is a massive and noticeable improvement in the sound. Louder is not better ffs. Everything was just instantly crisper, clearer and deeper. The master!

Old Post Oct-06-2014 15:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

wasn't expecting much from the liberty grand show but from what i heard i liked. nicole seemed to play some actual techno for a bit which was a surprise. jamie jones was far better than expected, i was thinking it was going to sound like boring tech house but i got in to it. ill def check out jamie jones again some time.

on a side note i was super drunk so i don't know if that factored into my enjoyment. i wasn't ready to go home

Old Post Nov-01-2014 19:42  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Nicole Moundebar and Jamie Jones slayed on Friday night! They both played more of a up-tempo set... Nicole played Maceo Plexs Conjure Sex... and it was so awesome to hear in a club..

Jamie Jones played Every time I see you by Nathan Barato which was also wikkid to hear him play... there sets were more of the up-tempo big room sound... At the end of the night half the crowd was yelling at him to play hungry for the power and that was fun to see lol Jamie Jones still is an awesome person...

as for the event itself... liberty grand had multiple entrance which was so amazing... we wait maybe 3mins to get in because some dummy was fighting with the bouncer... so points for the multiple entrance... the room lay outs are long and narrow... it literally screams banquet hall... there's an awesome court yard in the middle of the complex for smoking... The crowd was ok and the sound did kind of suck pending on where you stand but I'm not a audio Nazi so i'll leave that alone....

I would go back to liberty grand for another event if the djs were good...

Old Post Nov-03-2014 17:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

I also managed to get into the VICE TURNS 20 party... Atrak and Skrillex preformed... both not my cup of tea.... but the crowd was down for it... Atrak mixes pretty good... anyways it was open bar and they had an indoor Farris wheel which was also free... and the venue was the greatest place I have ever partied... it was an abandoned warehouse on unwinn.st right off of cherry beach.... I cant believe how awesome of a place it is... I think this is the place where ppl think of when you say underground rave... theres steel beams all over the place... you could shoot a scene from batman in this place... Im sure many parties have been held here or ppl have tried to hold parties here because this place really was amazing.... did I mention the open bar? lol

Old Post Nov-03-2014 17:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

About the hungry for the power that may have been my friends and I lmao

Old Post Nov-04-2014 20:24  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

hahaha nice one, I've never heard that played in a club before so that would have been nice to hear...

Old Post Nov-05-2014 15:53  Canada
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
I also managed to get into the VICE TURNS 20 party... Atrak and Skrillex preformed... both not my cup of tea.... but the crowd was down for it... Atrak mixes pretty good... anyways it was open bar and they had an indoor Farris wheel which was also free... and the venue was the greatest place I have ever partied... it was an abandoned warehouse on unwinn.st right off of cherry beach.... I cant believe how awesome of a place it is... I think this is the place where ppl think of when you say underground rave... theres steel beams all over the place... you could shoot a scene from batman in this place... Im sure many parties have been held here or ppl have tried to hold parties here because this place really was amazing.... did I mention the open bar? lol

That ain't no regular old abandoned warehouse...that was the motherfuckin' Hearn Power Plant! I wonder how they managed to get the permits for that? I know it's been used for fashion shows and stuff too, but it would be nice to see some other promoters use it for parties (it'd be perfect for Foundry...).

Some pics from the night: http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/we-j...anniversary-647

Old Post Nov-08-2014 18:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by CMR

That would be a DOPE venue!

Old Post Nov-09-2014 04:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
That would be a DOPE venue!

I'm drooling uncontrollably

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Nov-09-2014 20:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

It's the type of place that I've always dreamed of having a permanent, massive Berghain-esque club.

Old Post Nov-09-2014 23:37  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackvery good proggy tune must be ID-ed [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMega 'Lo Mania - Close Your Eyes (Hardstyle Mix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread