Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Capitalizt
Supreme tranceaddict

everyone must read this one..

Parliment of Whores by PJ O'Rourke

]Amazon

Old Post Mar-28-2005 07:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Capitalizt Click here to Send Capitalizt a Private Message Add Capitalizt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

The Grand Chessboard - Zbigniew Brzezinski

and also

Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and bin Laden, From the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 - Steve Coll

Old Post Mar-28-2005 08:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaolin_Z
Hei Hu Quan

Understanding Power: The Indispensable Chomsky
by Noam Chomsky

Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians
by Noam Chomsky

and anything else by Chomsky

Old Post Apr-10-2005 15:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for shaolin_Z Click here to Send shaolin_Z a Private Message Add shaolin_Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Capitalizt
Supreme tranceaddict

The Anti-Chomsky Reader

Old Post Apr-11-2005 21:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Capitalizt Click here to Send Capitalizt a Private Message Add Capitalizt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

Shame / Disagreement America's founding fathers were "Left"

quote:
Originally posted by Capitalizt
The Anti-Chomsky Reader

quote:
6 of 20 people found the following review helpful:
Arrogence, Lying, Bullsh#t, March 28, 2005
Reviewer: Ohio-based Economics and Computer Nerd (Cleveland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
The premise is flaw. The "left" -- such as it is -- includes people fully dedicated to detroying anti-modern / anti-democratic / and anti-market trends in the world -- which includes Islam and the radical right -- in favor of equality of men and women (not a big part of Islam or the radical right), the triumph of science of myth (not a big part of Islam or the radical right), and the notion of free speech (something Horiwitz knows nothing about).

Old Post Apr-11-2005 21:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

Rise of the Vulcans: The History of Bush's War Cabinet

quote:
Product Description:

When George W. Bush campaigned for the White House, he was such a novice in foreign policy that he couldn’t name the president of Pakistan. But he was advised by a group that called themselves the Vulcans—a group of men and one woman with long and shared experience in government, dating back to the Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and first Bush administrations. After returning to power in 2001, the Vulcans—including Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Armitage, and Condoleeza Rice—were widely expected to restore U.S. foreign policy to what it had been in past Republican administrations. Instead, they put America on an entirely new course, adopting a far-reaching set of ideas and policies that changed the world and America’s role in it.

In this revelatory and newsworthy volume, James Mann narrates the hidden story of these six history makers, their early careers and rise to power, the interactions and underlying tensions among them, their visions, and their roles in the current administration. Along the way, he offers a wealth of new information (about how Rumsfeld schemed in the Nixon White House, how Cheney toiled as Rumsfeld’s doorkeeper, how Wolfowitz first warned of nuclear proliferation in the Middle East in the 1960s) to complete a remarkable look at George W. Bush’s inner circle.

Old Post Apr-11-2005 21:50  United States
Rhand
Supreme tranceaddict

No post with political books from my side. Only a question.

Where can you post about books that don't deal with politics?
And where can you post something about movies??

Old Post Apr-18-2005 21:19  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhand Click here to Send Rhand a Private Message Add Rhand to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceGiant
randomly disappoints

quote:
Originally posted by Rhand
No post with political books from my side. Only a question.

Where can you post about books that don't deal with politics?
And where can you post something about movies??

first question:

Here! Read my very first post in this thread. Noone said this was exclusively for political books!

second question:

Go to the chillout room, you'll find tons of threads with this topic. If not, just open a new one. Nobody will care as one more unnecessary thread in this huge pile of garbage wont make a difference

Old Post Apr-18-2005 21:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceGiant Click here to Send TranceGiant a Private Message Visit TranceGiant's homepage! Add TranceGiant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rhand
Supreme tranceaddict

Twice thank you

As for reading, I read a lot of fantasy novels...

My all time favourits are

1) R. Jordan - Wheel of Time
2) Stephen King - The Dark Tower
3) Robin Hobb - The Farseer-Trilogy
4) G.R.R. Martin - A Song Of Ice and Fire
5) Steven Erikson - Tales of the Malazan Empire

Anyone familiar with these books?

Further, I've read some political stuff (or tried at least :P) but not much. Some stuff about Marx and Lenin... And that's all

Also read George Orwell's Animal Farm, books from Thea Beckman (very famous dutch autor) and that's quit it

Old Post Apr-18-2005 21:32  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhand Click here to Send Rhand a Private Message Add Rhand to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
denny_shibby
Senior tranceaddict

Capatalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman

If there is any economic book out there that you should read this is it. Better than Road to Serfdom, and is written by the Einstein of Economics.

Old Post Apr-19-2005 10:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for denny_shibby Add denny_shibby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Regbar
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by denny_shibby
Capatalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman

If there is any economic book out there that you should read this is it. Better than Road to Serfdom, and is written by the Einstein of Economics.

You dirty free-marketeer!

I did not read them. I did a work on HAYEK though, it is very interesting but I disagree with his philosophical thesis.

But on economics, my favorite book is by far Mark BLAUG - Economic Theory in Retrospect.

Old Post Apr-19-2005 16:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Regbar Click here to Send Regbar a Private Message Add Regbar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tathi
wanderlust

Gregory David Roberts - Shantaram

41 Reviews, every single person gave it 5 stars:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...199062?v=glance

one of the best books i have ever read. it's amazing.

Old Post Apr-21-2005 04:59  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for tathi Click here to Send tathi a Private Message Add tathi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze..
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackbouncy PROGRESSIVE track from Thee-o's Live at OnE 11/98 promo [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFilterheadz - "Yimanya" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread