Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Anyone else get stuck on the island on Monday?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Anyone else get stuck on the island on Monday?

You know with a summer plagued by rain it was fitting lol
I think we had something like 2 or 3 weekends the entire summer that didn't have rain.

Will say this the Hanalan's point spot actually was good this year unlike other years. Really like the layout and the little dumauier structure in the back. All in all the first item at Hanalans point where i didn't miss the Olympic island spot.

Either way was cheesed Dixon got cut off earlier and he wasn't at an after party.

Still had fun. One loft was great after wards. Didn't bother going to coda.

Was cool Sven practically played open to close but would have been 10x better if Dixon and Black Madonna joined in on the action.

Until Next year

Old Post Sep-06-2017 16:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

Re: Anyone else get stuck on the island on Monday?

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon

Was cool Sven practically played open to close but would have been 10x better if Dixon and Black Madonna joined in on the action.

Going to have to disagree with you there. The fact that Sven played open to close was nothing short of amazing for a few reasons...

1. He hasn't played a club in Toronto since 2002
2. He's a $50,000+ DJ which means he very rarely plays clubs this size since it would likely mean $80 tickets.
3. Seeing him play 7 hours, open till close, makes this even rarer. Dixon and Black Madonna have likely played Coda before and will again. Who knows when we'll see Sven in another club out this way.

I'm SO glad mother nature shut down EI. Seeing Sven destroy Coda was easily one of the best parties I've ever been to. I lost count of how many times he played a track that made me turn a friend with my jaw down and eyes almost popping out. The venue was really busy, but not overly packed, thanks to it taking place on a Monday night and the vibe was INCREDIBLE

I'll never ever forget that party <3

Those other DJs have played Coda before and likely will again

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Last edited by kotsy on Sep-07-2017 at 00:19

Old Post Sep-06-2017 23:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

Sven Vath at CODA was unreal. One of the best sets I've heard at the club.

PS. it was a 7 hour vinyl only set.

Old Post Sep-11-2017 14:43  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Yeah Kotsy you replied to my facebook post lol

either way my personal preference would have been to see dixon and blank madonna. not a giant fan of sven

Yeah yeah it was "special" that he played... would have been more "special" if EI didn't shut down early and he still played the 7hrs...

It was a nice save for the promoters to get him to play all night...

Old Post Sep-18-2017 18:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

I do feel bad for anyone that wasn't able to make an after party because of work bc no partial refunds were issued.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Sep-21-2017 00:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Anyone else get stuck on the island on Monday?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackneed this amazing breaks track IDd [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSueno Latino - "Sueno Latino" (Salt Tank Amnesian Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread