Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > TA Colors: Buy it on Beatport!
Pages (63): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Seandroid
Banned

http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/28011308/file.html

That link is for the full size download of the art

I made the text 100pt font but making it any bigger just made it look imbalanced. But readability when it's the size of a postage stamp is practically impossible anyway and I think at that size you should probably be more concerned about it being eye catching and simply looking like it's the art of a professional label and not an internet forum

Download my song Survive or I'll cut your ass.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 09:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Julz
Supreme tranceaddict

Looks nice sean, all the others looked like they belonged on some goa/psy trance cover.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 09:27  Slovakia
Click Here to See the Profile for Julz Click here to Send Julz a Private Message Add Julz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

Nice! so that's artwork sorted as well.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 09:37  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
madmuso
Senior tranceaddict

I like that Sean. Great job!

Old Post Mar-26-2012 10:52  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for madmuso Click here to Send madmuso a Private Message Add madmuso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lucidity
Twilight Vanquisher

Looks awesome *thumbs up*

Old Post Mar-26-2012 12:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Lucidity Click here to Send Lucidity a Private Message Visit Lucidity's homepage! Add Lucidity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fuxzz
Supreme tranceaddict

Good work, looks nice!

Old Post Mar-26-2012 12:53  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Fuxzz Click here to Send Fuxzz a Private Message Add Fuxzz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceLover007
DariusX

For a starter please look at this idea and let me know is this is something which you guys feel OK with?

I will need this white text "COLORS" to be remove from original if you like what I did after that (try to remove this white color text but on order to be really clean and HQ I will need to get this remove from original image).

Here we go:

Cheers,

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post Mar-26-2012 18:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seandroid
Banned

I really dislike that... why do we need to have the tracks on the art? It's completely unnecessary. You can't even read them and the art would be too small to read them anyway.

And the font choices clash with the art, and the font in the middle of the circle I designed is completely tacky.

I designed this art from the ground up and if we're not going to use it the way I designed it I'd rather not use it at all. I mean, I know it's for the compilation but it's a piece of art I made for the compilation.

I think of it as similar to a track on the compilation. I wouldn't let anybody modify my music if they wanted it different, you know?

Old Post Mar-26-2012 18:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

uhg. I don't think I have ever seen a compilation with the tracks on the front. I think what Sean did was good enough. We are making this more complicated than it needs to be!

This is one of those times you just go with something even if it might not be perfect, put your fist in the air, yell 'Thug Life' and hope for the best.

My Soundcloud

Old Post Mar-26-2012 18:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seandroid
Banned

Less is more people. We don't even NEED to have the name of the compilation on the art... it's ART. It's being sold through digital distribution which has the name of the album right beside it at any point and time. What we should be looking for is simplicity, elegance and something that actually stands the test of time. That circle I designed is immediately recognizable, and if you guys ever did compilations in the future, simply using that circle again even if the colours changed would be enough for people to know where the compilation came from.

Look at this. This is regarded as one of the best album covers of all time, and it's incredibly simple, but it's IMMEDIATELY recognizable. It doesn't even say the artist or the album on it. and that was in a time where the album art wasn't always immediately paired with its name & artist on a digital distribution site.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 18:52  Canada
Rodri Santos
Supreme tranceaddict

i like how it looks can't decide within the 2 Sean has posted but i don't like the tracklist on the front, it's digital distribution, tracklisting belongs to cd covers

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:00  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for Rodri Santos Click here to Send Rodri Santos a Private Message Add Rodri Santos to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Sorry, Darek, but gotta agree with everybody else. The title/artist on the cover and the "Colors" in the middle with the tacky font really detracts from a nice and very elegant album cover.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Mar-26-2012 19:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > TA Colors: Buy it on Beatport!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (63): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHELP ID [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFuture Grip - "Bladerunner '97" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread