Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > After The Virus
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

I think Ted Promo will be made moderator of the Chill Out Room once all this is said and done.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 18:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Promo
I think Ted Promo will be made moderator of the Chill Out Room once all this is said and done.

Interesting thesis. Is this based on a coup? A surge in popularity? Or cuz everyone else be dead?

Inquiring minds = wanna know.

Old Post Mar-27-2020 18:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Interesting thesis. Is this based on a coup? A surge in popularity? Or cuz everyone else be dead?

Inquiring minds = wanna know.

Yes!

Old Post Mar-27-2020 18:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
China will be the undisputed heavyweight super power of the world.

lolno

Old Post Mar-27-2020 21:08  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

One thing that concerns me beyond the next few months and well into the next year: how in the world are we going to avoid getting this between now and an available vaccine? It's one thing to avoid getting sick when the world is basically locked down, but when life returns to normal, and we all start packing plains and trains, pubs and clubs, it seems that I will eventually be within breathing distance of someone who has this, and since this virus' incubation period stretches into 'dickhead' number of days, that I might infect someone far more vulnerable than myself in my robust 37 years.

So I get that the end game is herd immunity, but what I don't know is how we safely move our pieces to the other side of the board when it seems like every other square is a bear trap. Because while there is an 'after the pandemic,' it seems less and less likely that there will ever be an 'after the virus,' as this just may be a seasonal thing that's a part of every day life from now on. Am I missing something? Someone tell me I'm missing something, because living under the looming specter of COVID0-19 doesn't sound like a fun way to spend the next 12-18 months.

Old Post Mar-31-2020 07:48  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

You'll probably be dead so I wouldn't worry.

Old Post Mar-31-2020 14:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
but when life returns to normal, and we all start packing plains and trains, pubs and clubs,

This will be like flying pre and post 9-11. Public interactions will change a bit afterwards.

Old Post Apr-01-2020 02:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

This post will probably age badly (as predictions often do), so I'll allow myself to go wild and say the future will be the more of the future we saw 30 years ago:

• The 2nd Soviet Union: the pandemic will reduce foreign dependency on China, serving as a biological wedge uncoupling the West and China further. I'm sure internal consumption can sustain economic growth for a little longer but, as Xi's tight grip on the country will only make it more likely to commit more blunders in the future, another world-class snafu can probably knock China out the podium of the greatest economies, with all the geopolitical consequences.

It took Japan one bubble burst to drift aimlessly for decades, after all. Causing a pandemic plus a random event might have a similar effect for China.

• Automation: Once production moves away from China, it's unlikely jobs will move along with the flow because people get sick, robots don't.

• Cashless Society: Now this one is odd. Sub-Saharan countries, such as Kenya, embraced technologies like M-Pesa, and debit cards are quite popular in emerging countries. Yet, paper money is still being thrown around like the time Marco Polo first saw it. That's pretty weird, if you think about it.

Sure, not everyone has access to banking, but that's what technologies such as M-Pesa were made for anyway.

• Climate Change Might Be Taken More Seriously: Nah, just kidding. We're barely taking an immediate threat seriously, let alone something in the near future.

Old Post Apr-07-2020 02:39  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Difficult, bungabungaless times lie ahead.

Old Post Apr-07-2020 17:16  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

Well aren't you all a sunny, optimistic bunch?

The most obvious and nearly-certain post-pandemic effects are increased totalitarianism and a steady, long-term erosion of civil liberties, justified by the supposed need for greater centralized authority as a means of preventing or responding to future pandemics.

I'd love to be wrong about this. But broad swaths of the global population readily accepting rather draconian restrictions on basic freedoms based largely on an appeal to authority has got to make any would-be dictator's mouth water.

Old Post Apr-13-2020 19:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

That's what Xi said.

Old Post Apr-13-2020 19:21  China
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
One thing that concerns me beyond the next few months and well into the next year: how in the world are we going to avoid getting this between now and an available vaccine? It's one thing to avoid getting sick when the world is basically locked down, but when life returns to normal

Simple answer, we won't go back to normal anytime soon.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Apr-13-2020 20:51  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > After The Virus
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease help me ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAquaculture - "Understatement" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread