Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Golf Talk
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52

Hahaahah Wow

I couldn't believe it when I was watching it......at some point all you can do is just laugh at yourself.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Apr-15-2011 12:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

The game of golf has changed forever.

quote:
A golf ball that doesn’t slice? Miraculous!
Published On Mon May 09 2011

* Email
* Print
Share86 Rss

* Article

EDGEWATER, N.J. —What if there were a golf ball that went only straight? What if new engineering produced a golf ball that even the habitual hacker had difficulty curving left or right?

“That would be a miracle,” Dion Cooper, 26, said as he swatted balls last week at the Edgewater Golf Range in northern New Jersey.

Cooper’s drives were tailing off in the familiar arc of the classic golf slice. He was handed the new Polara golf ball, a sphere that looks and feels like any other golf ball, except for the tiny asymmetrical dimples designed to reduce slices and hooks by 75 per cent or more.

“Straight as an arrow,” he yelped with a mix of awe and surprise. For the next five minutes, Cooper rarely hit a ball crooked.

It is physics, not magic, but there is, of course, a catch. The Polara ball’s irregular dimple pattern means it does not conform to the official rules of golf. It would be illegal to play in the Masters, for example, or any other golf competition, local or otherwise, sanctioned by the United States Golf Association.

Dave Felker, the former Callaway golf ball engineer and executive behind the Polara, said his product was meant to grow the game because it is not for the elite golfer.

“It’s for the other golfers, the ones who rarely hit it straight,” Felker said. “It’s for people who want to be embarrassed less, play faster and enjoy it more.”

The Polara first entered the highly competitive, and lucrative, golf ball market in the 1970s. Felker, who left Callaway 11 years ago, has made substantial design and structural revisions to the original ball. With his partners, he introduced the revamped version last August. The ball is now stamped with an arrow, which must be pointed toward the intended target to achieve the anti-curving ball flight.

The Polara ball’s benefits come with some caveats. It does not correct misalignment. In other words, if you aim your body right or left — a problem almost as common as slicing — the ball will go in the direction of the misalignment.

Polara golf balls can be ordered internationally through the website at: http://polaragolf.com/contact/international-orders/. Several options are available but the cheapest is the “Ultimate Straight 2-pc” for $29.99, which includes 12 golf balls.

Old Post May-11-2011 18:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

Poor Weir….he really needs to get off the course and go work on his game. He has only made one cut and he finished dead last in that tournament. In every other tournament, but last week, he's missed the cut and finished in the bottom 10. If he was just missing cuts at least you could say he is close but this is just bad.

Old Post Jun-04-2011 00:52  Canada
ChemEnhanced

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">

Old Post Jun-15-2011 13:15  Canada
ChemEnhanced

Wow Rory McIlroy is destroying an incredibly hard course. He is truly a great all round golfer.....probably the best all round golfer since Tom Watson.

Old Post Jun-17-2011 14:20  Canada
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

Nothing better than working from home today He's playing well... Let's see if he can avoid a Masters repeat

Old Post Jun-17-2011 16:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sly_Guy
Scene Missing

Golf is the most boring sport ever created. It sucks that I'm stuck living with people who are madly in love with the game. But good for Rory.....after that collapse earlier this year, it's nice to see him way ahead going into the weekend of a major.

Old Post Jun-17-2011 19:01  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sly_Guy Click here to Send Sly_Guy a Private Message Add Sly_Guy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_Guy
Golf is the most boring sport ever created. It sucks that I'm stuck living with people who are madly in love with the game. But good for Rory.....after that collapse earlier this year, it's nice to see him way ahead going into the weekend of a major.

I find golf nice and relaxing to watch. The most boring sport to watch is a tough choice between football and american football. I can understand why people feel the need to get absolutely wasted in order to watch either one of those sports. I would rather watch the grass growing on a golf course then watch either of those sports.

Old Post Jun-17-2011 20:11  Canada
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
Wow Rory McIlroy is destroying an incredibly hard course. He is truly a great all round golfer.....probably the best all round golfer since Tom Watson.

you have a link for the leaderboard?

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Jun-17-2011 21:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

http://www.majorschampionships.com/...oring/index.cfm

Old Post Jun-19-2011 00:10  Canada
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Jun-20-2011 00:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

What an amazing win by Rory. Rory has the potential to be the next great golfer. He has had the lead, at some point, in each round of the two majors this year.

Old Post Jun-20-2011 00:53  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Golf Talk
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOn more nice tune [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackReysankhan - "Shi Do Khan" (2 Players Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread