Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > As Trance progressed throughout its years with technology....
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
kosmotika
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Pluviose
you can do that?!

Yep, Beatport, iTunes, Amazon, Juno, you name it...even international retailers such as this...
http://recochoku.jp/album/A1000712013/

This is the way I see it: People aren't discovering good trance because there's not enough people making it. People get discouraged (I've even felt this way occasionally) because they see the same type of stuff being labelled, or mislabeled rather, as trance, and this is the stuff that gets pushed and tops Beatport charts. They say "Well, this sound is dominant, so nobody will ever listen to my songs if I produce traditional trance music..." and then they either give up on being a musician or join in adding more tracks that will be forgotten due to lack of any real heart or soul. They'll make tracks that fit in flash-in-the-pan genres such as trap, big room, electro house, etc whatever is the "now" sound, and their tracks will often go nowhere.
So the producers that say "I love trance, so I'm going to make some" never get discovered because there is so much of this cheap, mass produced garbage to wade through that calls itself trance that any real trance artists rarely ever get discovered.
We can combat that mass market domination by producing some good stuff ourselves. Music with integrity which stays true to its roots. I think if enough of us make these kinds of songs, we can eventually make trance popular again.

Last edited by kosmotika on Jul-23-2014 at 06:04

Old Post Jul-23-2014 05:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kosmotika Click here to Send kosmotika a Private Message Add kosmotika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death

the trouble is, these days, it all sounds the same.

Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?
i writed a song.

Old Post Jul-24-2014 21:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

Main difference as stated is ease of access to production software vs the old days. I also agree there is a loudness but no clarity to a lof of the stuff being pumped out today. Finally, a lot of the mainstream stuff does sound the same. Yes you could've made that argument with something like the mcprog era, but at least you were getting a mix of unique, new, and discernible sounds.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Jul-25-2014 05:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kosmotika
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
Main difference as stated is ease of access to production software vs the old days. I also agree there is a loudness but no clarity to a lof of the stuff being pumped out today. Finally, a lot of the mainstream stuff does sound the same. Yes you could've made that argument with something like the mcprog era, but at least you were getting a mix of unique, new, and discernible sounds.

Well, back in the day there were also quite a few artists, such as Pulsedriver, Airscape, Antiloop, Mauro Picotto, etc who would use the same set of sounds for many of their songs, but it would be distinct to them. Nowdays you've got everyone going for one industry standard sound, instead of people having their own unique styles.

Old Post Jul-25-2014 21:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kosmotika Click here to Send kosmotika a Private Message Add kosmotika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kosmotika
Well, back in the day there were also quite a few artists, such as Pulsedriver, Airscape, Antiloop, Mauro Picotto, etc who would use the same set of sounds for many of their songs, but it would be distinct to them. Nowdays you've got everyone going for one industry standard sound, instead of people having their own unique styles.

Agreed.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Jul-27-2014 00:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > As Trance progressed throughout its years with technology....
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHouse track - male vocals "on the dancefloor" [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAirscape - "L'esperanza" (Armin van Buuren's Rising Star Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread