Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > "Just S H I T" DJ Mag reviews the new Tiësto album.
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
OrangestO
–30–

I've listened to this album once. The usual first-time skip through. Tiesto's music introduced me to this dance culture but fuck what a turn he's taken for the worst. It's really weird, too. Here I am on TA about five years into this scene truly disappointed in a guy I was jamming out to 1,825 days ago. Sure, I've burrowed deeper into the music while he has in a phototropic-like way grown himself into a stage whore. But fuck. Another thing that boggles my mind is how much people eat this shit up. I traveled through Creamfields In Search of Sunrise to get to where I am now. I'm astonished at not only how contemptible this package of so-called music is but at how poor other people's tastes are aurally. I don't care if you're a 14-year-old MDMA junkie or a 46-year-old life-long Tijs groupie. This shit is that bad.

Meh. And what the fuck with that cover? Is he trolling? For fuck sake, man.

Signed,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Old Post Jul-10-2014 01:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by ghostshrooms
Understandably it's pop. 14 year olds and others like pop. Different genres, different tastes, not necessarily poor contemptible music tastes.

Yea, true. It's pop. But at 14 I was listening to Ice Cube if that means anything.

I guess I just can't believe how much he's "sold out." (I hate that term, btw.)

As an artist myself (writer), I can imagine changing that much no matter how many zeros, bottles, or thongs it guaranteed me.

EDIT: Haha. "Writer"

Can't*

Last edited by OrangestO on Jul-12-2014 at 02:02

Old Post Jul-10-2014 01:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Pluviose
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
And I have to fucking listen to it, as if it were real music. It's like having to give a job interview to a labrador dressed in a bespoke pinstripe.

This shit was hilarious.

Old Post Jul-10-2014 20:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Pluviose Click here to Send Dj Pluviose a Private Message Add Dj Pluviose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO

Signed,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Is that you in the pic? please tell me it's you in the pic!
I can't believe ANYONE has made a tattoo of tiest0r

Old Post Jul-10-2014 22:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Viber Click here to Send Viber a Private Message Add Viber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnitride
Tiesto played my record

Where is that pic of the guy with a Hardwell, Avicii and Tiesto tattoo....

Old Post Jul-10-2014 22:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnitride Click here to Send djnitride a Private Message Add djnitride to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tubularbills
Max Power!

I didn't even know Tiesto had made a new album. i thought he was just doing the "club life" stuff.

Old Post Jul-11-2014 15:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for tubularbills Click here to Send tubularbills a Private Message Add tubularbills to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

I haven't heard the "album" so I can't comment, however, while us veterans may all hate the music Tiesto now plays you have to admit he is doing something right for prolonging his career -- the kids eat up whatever he plays and those who remember him 'back in the day' are not really coming out to parties any more. Us, the die-hards, who live and breathe electronic music, are offended... but if the 'shit' he plays brings pleasure to the new crop of kids entering the scene who are we to rain on their parade?

(Using all my powers not to become a jaded raver... )

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jul-11-2014 17:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper

those who remember him 'back in the day' are not really coming out to parties any more

theres a reason for that

Old Post Jul-11-2014 18:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

The whole review just reeks of attention-seeking to me. Bashing Tiësto is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Old Post Jul-11-2014 18:05  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
The whole review just reeks of attention-seeking to me. Bashing Tiësto is like shooting fish in a barrel.

DJ Mag don't get a great deal of choice in what they write about. Promo companies pay for them to cover things. This particular writer probably had no desire to write a single word about Tiesto.

I didn't have much choice with my review either. I did because we wanted to cover big names to generate web traffic, and I'd dodged out of covering several awful releases in a row, leaving some other poor bastard to do it. Eventually Sykonee forced me to cover it so I got blind drunk and just wrote the first words that came to find. It turned out to be the most popular review I've ever written.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-11-2014 20:03  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
It turned out to be the most popular review I've ever written.

My point exactly.

Old Post Jul-11-2014 20:09  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Your point is wrong. DJ Mag are not going to boost their sales with some 100 word capsule review of a Tiesto album. They cover it because they directly get paid to cover it. How many people read those words is irrelevant to their editorial policy.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-11-2014 20:15  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > "Just S H I T" DJ Mag reviews the new Tiësto album.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGreat tech thing needs ID [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJacob & Mendez - "One Breath" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread