Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Linguist here. Child development is not my forte but, as far as I remember, she should be able to understand sentences, but it's okay not to formulate them just yet. Joining two words is the most I'd expect before her second birthday, I guess.

Also, you can't be doing anything wrong. Although we tend to think we "teach" kids how to speak, that's a very "Western middle-class" way of dealing with speech. I remember reading that not all cultures bother with toddlers because they can't really talk back, but it's just a matter of time when the kids pick it up

(Also, feel free to post more often! Don't just lurk in the shadows )

Thanks for the insight!!

Old Post Feb-20-2018 16:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

During my wifes pregnancy, she read a TON of books. She got a little pissed off at me (hormones n shit) for not reading any but I got a good suggestion from a friend. The only book he read and he suggested was about Sleep Training. Super helpful! Our kid has always slept through the night. Albeit, kids are different so maybe we were lucky. But that's my suggestion to all the new parents out there. If you're not in to reading, at least consider reading about sleep training. Life saver for us!

Old Post Feb-20-2018 16:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Agreed. It's insane what new parents don't know about their child's sleep needs, and most importantly how sleep develops, neurologically. I also read a ton, and put in so much work in the early months so that our baby would develop good sleep, and it has paid off in spades.

Old Post Feb-20-2018 17:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

My advise to new parents. Go out and have some fun without the kid. It's hard finding the time (and the baby sitter) but make the effort.

We just got back from Crssd Festival in San Diego California. Got to see our favorite DJ, SASHAAAA!!! We brought our daughter down to SD but had a friend baby sit for us during the late afternoon/early evenings festivities. Was still able to spend some quality time with her during the early part of the day at a local kids museum. A very successful weekend. There's hope yo!

Old Post Mar-07-2018 17:30  United States
Silky Johnson

We are so fortunate to have loving and willing family (his) to be secondary caregivers. My mother in law is always trying to get us to go skiing, or to a movie, dinner, etc. because she just wants time with the baby. It's awesome!

Old Post Mar-07-2018 18:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

The baby peeing all over himself and me and the walls and his nightie at 5:30 in the morning was actually a lot funnier than I thought it would be.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Mar-08-2018 10:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Old Post Mar-08-2018 12:01 
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Even more fun: My niece ended up repainting the new painted wall after a spray poop surprise .

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Mar-08-2018 16:29  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

So yeah. Back to work in November, pretty excited about it! Found an amazing home daycare for the few months until our girl starts montessori at 18 months. We were at our friends' kid's first birthday today and I loved watching the babies interact with each other and the older kids. I can't wait to see how she opens up being around other kids and gaining new social experiences.

Old Post Sep-22-2018 23:37 
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
So yeah. Back to work in November, pretty excited about it! Found an amazing home daycare for the few months until our girl starts montessori at 18 months. We were at our friends' kid's first birthday today and I loved watching the babies interact with each other and the older kids. I can't wait to see how she opens up being around other kids and gaining new social experiences.

Has she been home only so far? We started a morning day care twice a week so she gets a little socialized and sick...and so far she has pulled another girls hair and gotten sick a lot. So success??

Old Post Sep-23-2018 04:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I'm really not sure if my wife will go for something like that. He definitely needs to build up immunities by interacting with other people's gross children but that's always a difficult part of the whole process.

Yesterday was pretty tough. We had a 12 hour car ride to the beach and he got to eat sand and play in the ocean and all those great things but he woke up a couple hours after he went to bed absolutely inconsolable. We tried everything, after some Little Baby Bum videos, some Tylenol, and a couple bottles, and bouncing him and shushing him for 3 hours, he finally went to sleep. We are exhausted.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Sep-23-2018 11:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Has she been home only so far? We started a morning day care twice a week so she gets a little socialized and sick...and so far she has pulled another girls hair and gotten sick a lot. So success??

Yeah mostly. She's had swim class and been to a handful of groups, plus being around our friends' kids. So yeah def another plus to sending her to daycare. She is at the age where she is starting to really appreciate other kids - she def loves people and gets so excited around other children.

I would have preferred to keep her home until she starts Montessori but I couldn't get that much extra time off work, so eh.

Old Post Sep-23-2018 12:40 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack i.d. #1 [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFable - "Nightshift" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread