Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
netroM

Ah yeah. I never cared much for that mix. Wrote it off as a "fake Jason Porter" ( ) mix years ago when it surfaced.

Old Post Dec-10-2012 01:45  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Light The Fuse
Training Tranceaddicts

real or fake jason porter sounds pretty cool.

whats the best set to grab? or quintessential porter?

at work atm n cant really scour the net...

Old Post Dec-10-2012 02:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Light The Fuse Click here to Send Light The Fuse a Private Message Add Light The Fuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

not gonna lie, for an insane man who is claiming he is some non existent dj named jason porter, that dude is pretty good at mixing. i would def plur at that.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Dec-10-2012 06:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

quote:
Originally posted by Light The Fuse
whats the best set to grab? or quintessential porter?

I'd say Trellis 1994. After that go Live @ Liquid 98.

Old Post Dec-10-2012 10:58  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
that dude is pretty good at mixing.

In reason.

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Dec-10-2012 12:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pointPi
Supreme tranceaddict

Is any of this stuff available for streaming? Downloading a 100+ MB file, without knowing what I'm getting, is too much of a gamble for me.

Old Post Dec-10-2012 13:16  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for pointPi Click here to Send pointPi a Private Message Visit pointPi's homepage! Add pointPi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I did a bit of detective work and the guy who is the source of all Jason Porter knowledge (ecksemmess) had a few threads in the production forum around 2005 where he promoted his old-school trance inspired productions with lots of videogame music influence. Sound familiar? In the first Jason Porter thread netroM links, the 1994 Trelllis set has a FFVI remix on it, even though the game was only released in Japan at that time. ecksemmess mentions he heard Porter play this same track live that same year. This is the same set that contains an anachronistic sample from Heroes (2006) as well, remember.

Other incriminating details: he claims to have seen Porter dozens of times in the '90s, which is no mean feat if there was no way of telling when the guy was playing, and yet when he started the first Jason Porter thread he'd apparently almost totally forgotten about this DJ he'd seen dozens of times across the '90s, who apparently "changed his life". He finds a Jason Porter CD for sale on eBay but doesn't bother to contact the seller finding out information on where it came from, instead posting it on TA and asking everyone here instead.

Draw your own conclusions. You can find ecksemmess' old productions by searching his post history through his profile on the threads netroM linked.

Just have to nerd out for a bit - FFVI came out in the US in October 1994. (I totally agree with you that the whole Jason Porter thing is a hoax, albeit a very interesting one)

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Dec-10-2012 16:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm going to create Jacksanity as an old prog dj

Old Post Dec-10-2012 16:23  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Originally posted by pointPi
Is any of this stuff available for streaming? Downloading a 100+ MB file, without knowing what I'm getting, is too much of a gamble for me.

Lives in Sweden.

Complains about the internet.

Old Post Dec-10-2012 16:30  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

can anyone ID his bloody tracks? I only knew two and that was Crescendo - Are You Out There and some Bjork track in the 1995 mix.

Old Post Dec-10-2012 16:38  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

quote:
Originally posted by pointPi

http://www.divshare.com/download/1920563-c00
has a stream option.

Would rather recommend you d/l Trellis (100 MB) or Live @ Liquid (60 MB).

Old Post Dec-10-2012 22:57  Norway
pointPi
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
Lives in Sweden.

Complains about the internet.

I gotta admit, that is funny. Because it's true.

Old Post Dec-11-2012 18:04  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for pointPi Click here to Send pointPi a Private Message Visit pointPi's homepage! Add pointPi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHigh BPM ID from 1999 [2010] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDumonde - "See The Light" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread