Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
netroM

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
Can someone shed some light on this? Never heard of this guy before (on TA).

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...=1#.UMRuhoM0WSo
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...=1#.UMRug4M0WSo

I still have all of the mixes (that have been circulating TA). Could upload them if anyone's interested.

They include (in order of dates):
1992 Studio Mix
1994 Trellis
1995-08-xx Promo Mix
1997 Promo Mix November
1998-02-21 Live @ Liquid (Part 1 & 2)
1998-05-xx Mix[INCOMPLETE]

Last edited by netroM on Dec-09-2012 at 11:25

Old Post Dec-09-2012 11:01  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I did a bit of detective work and the guy who is the source of all Jason Porter knowledge (ecksemmess) had a few threads in the production forum around 2005 where he promoted his old-school trance inspired productions with lots of videogame music influence. Sound familiar? In the first Jason Porter thread netroM links, the 1994 Trelllis set has a FFVI remix on it, even though the game was only released in Japan at that time. ecksemmess mentions he heard Porter play this same track live that same year. This is the same set that contains an anachronistic sample from Heroes (2006) as well, remember.

Other incriminating details: he claims to have seen Porter dozens of times in the '90s, which is no mean feat if there was no way of telling when the guy was playing, and yet when he started the first Jason Porter thread he'd apparently almost totally forgotten about this DJ he'd seen dozens of times across the '90s, who apparently "changed his life". He finds a Jason Porter CD for sale on eBay but doesn't bother to contact the seller finding out information on where it came from, instead posting it on TA and asking everyone here instead.

Draw your own conclusions. You can find ecksemmess' old productions by searching his post history through his profile on the threads netroM linked.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-09-2012 12:07  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
saluyamo
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I did a bit of detective work and the guy who is the source of all Jason Porter knowledge (ecksemmess) had a few threads in the production forum around 2005 where he promoted his old-school trance inspired productions with lots of videogame music influence. Sound familiar? In the first Jason Porter thread netroM links, the 1994 Trelllis set has a FFVI remix on it, even though the game was only released in Japan at that time. ecksemmess mentions he heard Porter play this same track live that same year. This is the same set that contains an anachronistic sample from Heroes (2006) as well, remember.

Other incriminating details: he claims to have seen Porter dozens of times in the '90s, which is no mean feat if there was no way of telling when the guy was playing, and yet when he started the first Jason Porter thread he'd apparently almost totally forgotten about this DJ he'd seen dozens of times across the '90s, who apparently "changed his life". He finds a Jason Porter CD for sale on eBay but doesn't bother to contact the seller finding out information on where it came from, instead posting it on TA and asking everyone here instead.

Draw your own conclusions. You can find ecksemmess' old productions by searching his post history through his profile on the threads netroM linked.

Do you think he may have ran out of ideas and thus stopped posting new sets?

Old Post Dec-09-2012 12:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for saluyamo Click here to Send saluyamo a Private Message Add saluyamo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I did a bit of detective work and the guy who is the source of all Jason Porter knowledge (ecksemmess) had a few threads in the production forum around 2005 where he promoted his old-school trance inspired productions with lots of videogame music influence. Sound familiar?

You could've linked the thread. I wouldn't recommend anyone to click on the link in his first post tho, the domain expired and it's now full of trojans and other ickies. Subsequently, there's no file to be downloaded anymore
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...74#.UMSjToM0WSo

The name of the ...piece? is 'Trial of the Mind', made by Justin Silverstein (ecksemmess).
KilldaDJ might have it.

Last edited by netroM on Dec-09-2012 at 14:51

Old Post Dec-09-2012 14:43  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

So basically this dude made sets with his own tracks under a false guise?

Where are the tracks?

Old Post Dec-09-2012 15:48  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
netroM

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
Where are the tracks?

That's what the OP wants to know.

I'm uploading everything I've got here btw: http://www.mediafire.com/?81bbd2qvx2b6q

Last edited by netroM on Dec-09-2012 at 16:32

Old Post Dec-09-2012 16:10  Norway
Tranzmit
AUTA Ninja Worryer

just googled his name and a couple of middle mouse clicks and ta da

http://ecksemmess.deviantart.com/

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/foru...studio-mix.html

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/foru...ultra-rare.html

http://67.19.207.150/forums/showthr...=2#.UMXPGaxRRaQ

Visit the secret Ninja site!! here
https://www.facebook.com/jon.hellyer

Old Post Dec-09-2012 17:08  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranzmit Click here to Send Tranzmit a Private Message Visit Tranzmit's homepage! Add Tranzmit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

I have no doubt in my mind that he's a real person. He may be obscure on the internet - so what? This was back in the 90's when he was doing his thing, and he chooses to remain private since then.

Old Post Dec-09-2012 18:57  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

quote:
Originally posted by netroM
You could've linked the thread. I wouldn't recommend anyone to click on the link in his first post tho, the domain expired and it's now full of trojans and other ickies. Subsequently, there's no file to be downloaded anymore
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...74#.UMSjToM0WSo

The name of the ...piece? is 'Trial of the Mind', made by Justin Silverstein (ecksemmess).
KilldaDJ might have it.

What, I'm downloading them right now.. Will confirm if it has that Jason Porter sound to it.

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Dec-09-2012 19:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

The mp3 is safe and working.

After checking it out I am absolutely sure that Jason Porter really is ecksemmess' alias. The drums, strings, instruments, bass, sound quality and character, melodies and structure are all identical to JP.

I hope ecksemmess comes to his mind and admits it now, because I really love this, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I hope he continues to produce things, he makes really interesting tracks.

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Dec-09-2012 19:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

is this real life?

Old Post Dec-09-2012 19:51  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death

i did have trial of the mind somewhere...if i find it, i will upload.

hopefully we can debunk this JP myth shit.

incidentally, i did do a remix on the outtro. many many moons ago.

lol its still there

Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?
i writed a song.

Old Post Dec-09-2012 20:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > That Jason Porter set which couldn't have been made in 1994. . . .
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJOOF - March Gallery At Turnmills ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLolo - "Landscape" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread