Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Ruby Skye & Slide closing
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Thumbs up Ruby Skye & Slide closing

Good riddance I say... stopped going there b/c of the shitty crowd, rude bouncers and bartenders... not to mention the total lack of quality acts by whoever was booking their music (basically only top 40 EDM)

It will be replaced by a music hall, and a bowling alley - some limited details are in the article but nothing has been finalized/

Closing mid-2017

Link: http://hoodline.com/2017/03/ruby-sk...l-bowling-alley

Old Post Mar-16-2017 20:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Another one bites the dust.......

Old Post Mar-16-2017 22:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

Holy shit. Ive done so many drugs in that place........

Ruby used to be the spot in SF for a while. They were booking amazing acts week after week for a long time (Danny Tenaglia marathon sets on Jan 2nd every year back in the 2000's was legendary)
I haven't been there in years though, once they moved to EDM it feels like they completely feel off the map, they don't even seem to pull big EDM DJ's now.

I wonder if its the landlord, city or the club its self making the change?

who knew 1015 Folsom would outlast Ruby Skye

Old Post Mar-17-2017 00:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

wow! crazy! It was great to be part of the Spundae crew while doing events there. We'd take road trips from LA to hang out during the special event weekends. One thing I always appreciated were the ins and outs. Not many clubs allow that.

Personally was more of a fan of Spundae at 1015 Folsom. Those were some awesome fucking times!

Old Post Mar-17-2017 18:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

Ten15 should always be considered better in its hay day vs Ruby's best period. It's not even close.

Not sure the reason why for the closure.

Ten15 seems to be thriving more these days, but not with much in my interest.

Old Post Mar-17-2017 18:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

Wow.

DaveT: I agree with you, but Ruby was a great spot in its heyday for sure. Lots of good memories in that place, but really went downhill as the years went by.

The Wife and I took one last trip up a couple of years ago as our "farewell" to Ruby to see a Dan and Glaude 2x4. We were glad it was the last one for us as the place just felt gross and dated and filled with drunk bachelorettes spilling martinis on the dance floor. Will miss the lounge area and remember when that was a smoking and pool room with music. Dammmmn that seems like forever ago!

There are plenty of other options in The City now and we are coming up again in July and looking forward to checking out Halcyon and The Great Northern (will always be Mighty to me).

The crowd and music at RS just became too much mainstream BS.

Sad to see another club close especially one that has had the run that Ruby has, but change in inevitable.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Mar-19-2017 17:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Ruby Skye & Slide closing
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdeep progressive track [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAgoria - "Anni Mari" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread