Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Pages (37): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
nefardec
Tranceaddict in tranning

hey guys its back, in a different way

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1189

Old Post Jul-08-2010 00:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for nefardec Click here to Send nefardec a Private Message Add nefardec to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

Location: Behind a cup of tea and a Roland 303, TXTA # 93 (Zeshin)

quote:
Originally posted by nefardec
hey guys its back, in a different way

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1189

Oooh very interesting Producer. Thanks for pointing that out.

Check out this awesome melodic uplifting drum & bass mix. You'll probably like it even if you don't normally like drum & bass. It's good.....no it's not by me but it's by an awesome friend whos mixes i like. Click the link!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=81&s=

Old Post Jul-08-2010 02:06  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Aaron C. Click here to Send Aaron C. a Private Message Add Aaron C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Light The Fuse
Training Tranceaddicts

quote:
Originally posted by cjart
yes, you're right, darker tunes will come under my usual 'cj art' nickname (for Deepsessions, for Mistique etc.) and 'Sagittarius A'-project is/will be more for 'spacey'-sounding progressive tracks... but anyway thanks for posting this one

yo kewl - gunna go check more of your stuff out now :-)

Old Post Jul-08-2010 02:11  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Light The Fuse Click here to Send Light The Fuse a Private Message Add Light The Fuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

Okay so here's that mix I was talking about

Weather Corporation - Intro
Disciples of Smoke - When Androids Dream
Choc Electrique - Edge of Time
Weather Corporation - Deja Vu (saturn return edit)
Deep C & Randall Jones - The One
Luis Duran & Thomas Penton - Control Factor (SMIČLE edit)
Nina Massahi - 7 (moshic)
Steve Foulds - Black Light
Weather Corporation - Primate (dead anthem mix)
Hamel & Blackwatch - Discotek (6:00 AM DT Vinyl Dub)
Katai - Turn of Time (dub mix)
Vance Musgrove, Quest, The Traveler - Squelch
Progression, Ocean Wave, Quest, The Traveler - Clearwater
Dousk - Mute
Weather Corporation - Rain Song
Trancesetters - Synergy (blackwatch merseyside)
Fishead - Autorock (third movement)
Sourmash - Pilgrimage to Paradise (timo mass remix)

Last edited by meriter on Mar-20-2014 at 21:17

Old Post Jul-09-2010 01:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TomTom
Progressive addict

quote:
Originally posted by GreenOctopus
KAN's June mix, in part 2! It's a beast of dark psy progressive. If anyone has a tracklist, I would be most appreciative. There's a very heavy, tribal track about 24 minutes in that I've got to get my hands on.

http://exoticmelodies.blogspot.com/...-june-2010.html

I liked this one a lot too. I don't wanna go into shameless self promotion but with my site http://www.mcast.mercuryserver.com/ I try to add my 2 cents for keeping the Dark/Tribal Prog sound alive and if you don't know about it already, you may want to check it out. The Kan mix is from MCast originally. When I see what you guys are after, I can only recommend to check out the mixes from some of our Resident DJs like Topo, Shiva, Syl and Sobo and Panoulix. Each of them should be right up your ally. Ezequiel Pascale too if you like your house deep and dirty.

Old Post Jul-09-2010 17:28  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for TomTom Click here to Send TomTom a Private Message Visit TomTom's homepage! Add TomTom to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

I love dark prog sets with the "Miles Davis - Pangaea" aesthetic. Really heavy stuff with manic amounts of funk, tribal, dub, and some prog jazz influence. It's hard to find tracks to put that sort of vibe together though.
A few things Philip Charles and Tigerhook corp. are involved with have that feel to 'em. Try to get that vibe in stuff i mix but that stuff just gets harder and harder to find these days.
Hopefully it cycle's through and those sounds start coming back to some degree.

Check out this awesome melodic uplifting drum & bass mix. You'll probably like it even if you don't normally like drum & bass. It's good.....no it's not by me but it's by an awesome friend whos mixes i like. Click the link!

Old Post Jul-09-2010 23:39  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Aaron C. Click here to Send Aaron C. a Private Message Add Aaron C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Matt_Moor
Senior tranceaddict

This brings me back to the days of Gekko, a platipus sub label that released this exact style of music.

Old Post Jul-14-2010 12:09  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Matt_Moor Click here to Send Matt_Moor a Private Message Add Matt_Moor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Matt_Moor
Senior tranceaddict

http://soundcloud.com/hidden-agenda

Some excellent mixes here, Volume 4 in particular

Orkidea - Unity
Cliff Tangredi - Shimmer
Ecano - Run (Z2 Mix)
Z2 - I Want You (Vocal Mix)
Hyper X - Out There (Steve Porter Mix)
Max Graham - Falling Together
Vincent De Moor - Belevin In My Mind
Return Of The Native - The Lost Tale
Ecano - Sphere # 1
Kolo - Track One (Steve Porter Mix)
Dominion - 11 Hours (Z2 Mix)
Christian West - Eterna (Main Mix)
Sasha - Xpander
Space Manouvers - Stage One (Total Seperation Mix)
Kamaya Painters - Wasteland (Chabs Tribute To Bedrock Mix)
Paganani Trax - Zoe (Timo Maas Mix)
The Alturistics - For All
Josha Ryan - Pistolwhip
Antic - The Pulse

Old Post Jul-14-2010 12:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Matt_Moor Click here to Send Matt_Moor a Private Message Add Matt_Moor to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Moor
This brings me back to the days of Gekko, a platipus sub label that released this exact style of music.

Hmmmm....i need to look into that. Thanks for the info.

Old Post Jul-14-2010 18:04  Mexico
skip
a.k.a. skip2

I need to check out the stuff recommended in this thread as I love dark prog house. So far I've checked out some of the Mistiquemusic stuff and it's not all that dark IMO. Kinda on the mcprog side I think. I hope some of the other recommended stuff is better.

Get Dropbox, with 250 MB extra space!

Old Post Jul-14-2010 21:27  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for skip Click here to Send skip a Private Message Add skip to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

quote:
Originally posted by skip
So far I've checked out some of the Mistiquemusic stuff and it's not all that dark IMO. Kinda on the mcprog side I think.

+1 and yes most of the other recommendations are better imo.

Old Post Jul-14-2010 21:32  Mexico
Cobalt
Trance Isn't Trance

quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Moor

Oh man, Gekko was amazing. Seriously underrated.

Old Post Jul-15-2010 05:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobalt Click here to Send Cobalt a Private Message Add Cobalt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (37): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread