Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Tranceaddict Top 100 DJs Poll 2005
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
RJT
last minute disco

Hey Swamper, did you have a time set when you were going to release results? I know you said not til the end, I guess I'm just wondering when that is...

And is anyone else moderately shocked by the amount of votes Tiesto is getting on here?

Old Post Sep-15-2005 12:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Friederike
tranceaddict in training

My vote is:

Armin van Buuren
Eddie Halliwell
Paul van Dyk
Makus Schulz
Ferry Corsten

Old Post Sep-15-2005 14:25  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Friederike Click here to Send Friederike a Private Message Add Friederike to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MagikMan_643
Supreme tranceaddict

1. Niklas Harding
2. Menno de Jong
3. Markus Schulz
4. Gabriel & Dresden
5. Tiesto

Old Post Sep-15-2005 15:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MagikMan_643 Click here to Send MagikMan_643 a Private Message Add MagikMan_643 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RJT
And is anyone else moderately shocked by the amount of votes Tiesto is getting on here?

no. he appeals to the masses (and n00bs)

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Sep-15-2005 16:08  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rockabye
Romosexual

1. Armin van Buuren
2. Markus Schulz
3. Andrew Bennett
4. Sasha
5. Hernan Cattaneo

only voted for DJs i've seen live this year and picked the ones who made me freak out the most.

Old Post Sep-15-2005 16:15  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Rockabye Click here to Send Rockabye a Private Message Add Rockabye to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CleverName
mep

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RJT

What, a lot or a little? He's only gotten about ten so far, I think. (In this thread anyway, dunno about the official vote counter.)

Sure would be ironic if he wins #1 on TA too. Everyone bitches about how innacurate the djmag poll is because of all the tools who vote and don't know what they're talking about...not that I want tiesto to win here, but I would love the irony

Old Post Sep-15-2005 16:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CleverName Click here to Send CleverName a Private Message Add CleverName to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

I just picked some random names.

It really doesn't matter to me who wins these things since there never is a decent way for everyone to make a sound voting decision. I highly doubt anyone here's heard every single DJ on the given list (and if you have, I have six words for you: get a life, you obsessive freak!). When the majority have only heard a few DJs, obviously they will choose from those DJs. Why bother having a huge list like that when maybe .5% of the users here have even heard enough of half of those names to make an educated vote?

The talents from DJ to DJ really doesn't vary much (unless we get into turntablism, but this is tranceaddict we're talking about here): get good tracks, mix competently, throw a few tricks in here and there to impress the trainspotters, and have fun with the crowd. Therefore, that really isn't the attribute DJs get voted on, as then nearly anyone could be at the top. Instead, folks vote for who they know (normally based on who does the best promotion), and who plays their favorite styles of music. Since I ignore PR hype (yes, even when they deserve it), and I enjoy all forms of EDM, my choices are randomized.

However, I do recall Josh Wink being at the top.

(~)

Old Post Sep-15-2005 16:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ThaRegger
Senoir Johnson

I based my vote on releases they had this year, radio shows that i listen too, live sets that i've heard and DJs whom i've seen ... not just for djs that i know but DJs who i've actually done somethinbg relevant this year.

Old Post Sep-15-2005 16:46  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for ThaRegger Click here to Send ThaRegger a Private Message Add ThaRegger to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
biznology
Supreme tranceaddict

I found the questioning a bit odd at the vote.

'Pick the DJ that you feel most impacted 2005' or something like that...

if i picked those djs it would just represent my town and mostly TA.

so, i followed the pick djs you know, et al.

i think this is better than DJmag, hopefully we dont have non-djs on the list tho|

Old Post Sep-15-2005 17:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for biznology Click here to Send biznology a Private Message Add biznology to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
d-miurge
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't remember what I vote

Old Post Sep-15-2005 17:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for d-miurge Click here to Send d-miurge a Private Message Add d-miurge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ace_of_Spades
loveisimmortal

1. DEEP DISH
2. Armin van buuren
3. carl cox
4. blank and jones
5. Tiesto

Old Post Sep-15-2005 17:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ace_of_Spades Click here to Send Ace_of_Spades a Private Message Add Ace_of_Spades to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beatjunkie
..:SpinDocta:..

Lawler
Howells
Chus and Cebellos
Desyn Masiello
Nic Fanciulli

Such a good year for house!!

Old Post Sep-15-2005 17:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for beatjunkie Click here to Send beatjunkie a Private Message Add beatjunkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Tranceaddict Top 100 DJs Poll 2005
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown track from Hybrid's Mix [2006] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUltra Vibe - "Choose Freedom" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread