Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Life at SLS Las Vegas
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
the_jerk
Supreme tranceaddict

Life at SLS Las Vegas

Has anyone been yet? I'm hearing mixed things. Their talent on Sunday nights looks good to me. However, I hear they are well below capacity and are struggling to stay open late (rumor has it they recently closed at 3am on a weekend night).

I'd love to hear some feedback before lining anything up and committing a night. Thanks!

Old Post Oct-09-2014 23:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for the_jerk Click here to Send the_jerk a Private Message Visit the_jerk's homepage! Add the_jerk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Life at SLS Las Vegas

quote:
Originally posted by the_jerk
Has anyone been yet? I'm hearing mixed things. Their talent on Sunday nights looks good to me. However, I hear they are well below capacity and are struggling to stay open late (rumor has it they recently closed at 3am on a weekend night).

I'd love to hear some feedback before lining anything up and committing a night. Thanks!

everyone i know that has been says its great in terms of setup, lighting, etc. i'm checking it out this Sunday for Apollonia. can't speak to how full its been though.

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Oct-09-2014 23:16  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the_jerk
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Life at SLS Las Vegas

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
everyone i know that has been says its great in terms of setup, lighting, etc. i'm checking it out this Sunday for Apollonia. can't speak to how full its been though.

If you could let me know what you think next week, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Old Post Oct-09-2014 23:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for the_jerk Click here to Send the_jerk a Private Message Visit the_jerk's homepage! Add the_jerk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Life at SLS Las Vegas

quote:
If you could let me know what you think next week, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

no prob. might be best to post in this thread to remind me.

Old Post Oct-09-2014 23:37  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

what night were you thinking of going? i'm sure that a Pryda night will have more people than Apollonia.

Old Post Oct-10-2014 00:04  Christmas Island
the_jerk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
what night were you thinking of going? i'm sure that a Pryda night will have more people than Apollonia.

It won't be until Oct 26th, for Pete Tong and Seth Troxler. I'm with a group, so it's not up to me only. The other option is Skrillex at XS (ugh). So I am hoping to hear some positive feedback regarding Life.

Old Post Oct-10-2014 00:08  United States
iLLiE586
Supreme tranceaddict

I really hope this gets off the ground, would love to actually have something to enjoy in Vegas, as the lineups so far have been decent. If it fails that's the nail in the coffin for decent music in Vegas. If there is a time for it to succeed with the fast growing market it's now.

Old Post Oct-10-2014 00:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLiE586 Click here to Send iLLiE586 a Private Message Add iLLiE586 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Calabria
Supreme tranceaddict

well having the underground party on a sunday night in vegas wont be as big as compared to a friday or saturday night there. people tend to go home sunday. plus the club is new and in a new hotel plus in the northern end of the strip. we all know vegas is run by the edm scene and will continue to do so. but at least this club is promoting a night where you have different talent coming in almost weekly now compared to the rest of the same sounding vegas residents. plus they have free guestlist for their sunday parties... youd be a fool not to go.

Old Post Oct-10-2014 19:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Calabria Click here to Send Calabria a Private Message Add Calabria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

^ every venue has free guest lists for every night... Friday was posted here.

Old Post Oct-10-2014 21:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

I went for their opening night. They had an issue with the fire alarms going off, made the music stop. Took a while to fix the issue and get music started again.

I hear that night was a mess getting in.

I can see how their Sunday night may be a risky venture. 1st off its a Sunday night, secondly they are bringing in tech acts that people love in Ibiza.....but not sure Vegas is there yet.....

Hoping they do well as well, but who knows.

Old Post Oct-10-2014 21:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Life at SLS Las Vegas

quote:

for Apollonia 2 nights ago, yes the place was not even half full. Most tables seemed to be comped and there were bracelets we got for open bar (well). It was their slowest night i was told and based on who was spinning that doesn't really surprise me. And we had a great time... we left around 330ish and I think they stayed open to at least 4 maybe a bit later... not bad at all considering its Sunday night and the club wasn't that busy.

I'd say check it out!

Old Post Oct-14-2014 19:19  Christmas Island
the_jerk
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Life at SLS Las Vegas

quote:
for Apollonia 2 nights ago, yes the place was not even half full. Most tables seemed to be comped and there were bracelets we got for open bar (well). It was their slowest night i was told and based on who was spinning that doesn't really surprise me. And we had a great time... we left around 330ish and I think they stayed open to at least 4 maybe a bit later... not bad at all considering its Sunday night and the club wasn't that busy.

I'd say check it out!

Thanks for the feedback! I think the group is still on the fence. Not even half full does sound a little discouraging. It's fine if your group is large enough, but there are only going to be a handful of us. If I end up there, I'll post my experience as well.

Old Post Oct-15-2014 23:48  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Life at SLS Las Vegas
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJennifer Rene @ Street Parade '09 part2 [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDynamic - The Answer [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread