Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > How many tracks / songs have you made in 2012 so far?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

Smoking ..umm..something How many tracks / songs have you made in 2012 so far?

I have a goal to make 10 tracks / songs by 2013 for my music album and I only got 3 Tracks done with only 4 months to go!

I made 2 tracks / songs this month so I guess I am on the right track!

How many tracks / songs have you made this year so far?

How many tracks / songs should be on a music album?

How do I put My Music Album on iTunes and Beatport?

Should I Start a independent music label just for my Music?

Also I am so Happy my music is so good I would never think I would be so good 4 years ago!

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"
quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old Post Aug-14-2012 00:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sako487
Supreme tranceaddict

Over 100 WIP's, couple of which I finished, and probably one or two that I actually like

Old Post Aug-14-2012 01:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sako487 Click here to Send sako487 a Private Message Add sako487 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

Zero.... not unless you count my JP80x0 bank demo.

Old Post Aug-14-2012 01:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kysora
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sako487
Over 100 WIP's, couple of which I finished, and probably one or two that I actually like

Same as me, except for the part about finishing any of them.

For about 6 years I'd write a new song every 2-3 months at least (sometimes several a month) and I finished virtually every project I started.

I don't know what the fuck happened to me. I feel like Robbie, for fuck's sake. Everything I do, I'm excited for a week, until I start hearing all of the flaws and I lose inspiration. I've started and abandoned WAY more projects this year than the last 5 years combined.

But, I can honestly say I've improved more this year than any other. I went through this exact phase about 3 years ago, I became acutely aware of my own flaws and shortcomings as a producer, and making the same mistakes over and over again became too frustrating to want to write anything new. Why try to write anything good when I know it'll sound mediocre at best?

So I've worked my ass off this and it's finally starting to show. I'm about halfway done working on a new track that sounds absolutely incredible compared to anything else I've made, I've never been more sure of that.

Haha I didn't mean to type that much, shit. I'd be surprised if anyone even noticed I stopped writing music. Still, though.. writer's block makes it feel like a part of me is dead. It really gets to me for some reason. Hopefully all of this effort pays off and this track turns out great.

Old Post Aug-14-2012 01:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Kysora Click here to Send Kysora a Private Message Add Kysora to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Around 21 with remixes I think. Why stop there, on 40 we go. I get high off this shit.

Old Post Aug-14-2012 03:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
J.L.
Never gonna give you up.

7 tracks in total, averaging about 25 hours per track

Most of the work was done in the past 1.5 months of voluntary funemployment.

Old Post Aug-14-2012 03:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for J.L. Click here to Send J.L. a Private Message Add J.L. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lolo
I play Trance no Dance

with all the cooking recipe scores, remixes and own productions, we're over 100 here.

But quantity doesn't matter, only quality does. those recipe scores sound average yet they took a lot of time.

Last edited by Lolo on Aug-14-2012 at 15:44

Old Post Aug-14-2012 05:02  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Lolo Click here to Send Lolo a Private Message Visit Lolo's homepage! Add Lolo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stewart.m
Supreme tranceaddict

as my productions have gone to shit this year i have made only a handful of tracks so i am kinda hoping next year will be more fruitful,plus i plan on upgrading my pc again to a 3.6 ghz processor and more ram ect

Old Post Aug-14-2012 12:44  England
Click Here to See the Profile for stewart.m Click here to Send stewart.m a Private Message Add stewart.m to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aquila
Supreme Pantsaddict

I keep finding new influences and inspirations, so projects that I start a year or two ago no longer match what I want to accomplish.

That said, I've only finished 2 so far.

Old Post Aug-14-2012 13:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

9 that count and a bunch of songs I would rather get other people involved in before releasing

I'm so sick of 'producing' I just wanna be able to write tunes then pass the shit off to a trusted engineer to get things dialed in, I don't have any business mastering my own stuff and I expel way too much energy on mixing (instead of writing)

EDIT: welcome back Kysora

Last edited by meriter on Aug-14-2012 at 15:52

Old Post Aug-14-2012 15:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sleeping
Supreme tranceaddict

around 15 remixes and maybe 7 originals. Im on parental leave...

Old Post Aug-14-2012 19:56  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for sleeping Click here to Send sleeping a Private Message Add sleeping to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magnus
I'm getting old

6 so far. Not nearly as many as I would like, or in previous years. This is due to a lot of new factors in my life, all good, but they take away from my ability to write music like I used to.

-Facebook- -SoundCloud-

Old Post Aug-14-2012 21:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnus Click here to Send Magnus a Private Message Visit Magnus's homepage! Add Magnus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > How many tracks / songs have you made in 2012 so far?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul Van Dyk set ID!!!!!!! [2002] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAndy Moor pres. Sworn - "Dark Amendments (Detract Dub)" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread