Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Pages (37): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

Location: Behind a cup of tea and a Roland 303, TXTA # 93 (Zeshin)

Guy J's remixes seem to be leaning in a darker direction lately. Then again it's not alot it's only two. His remix of "Henry Saiz - They came from the light" and "Moonface - Futurized Fears"
Although those two have more tech leanings. Very progressive minded Tech though. Hopefully he keeps up the dark stuff.

Check out this awesome melodic uplifting drum & bass mix. You'll probably like it even if you don't normally like drum & bass. It's good.....no it's not by me but it's by an awesome friend whos mixes i like. Click the link!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=81&s=

Last edited by Aaron C. on Jun-11-2010 at 04:14

Old Post Jun-11-2010 04:05  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Aaron C. Click here to Send Aaron C. a Private Message Add Aaron C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PEZ68
Progressive Resistance

quote:
Originally posted by Trancefxs
Nice set indeed GreenOctopus, thanks for sharing. I took the opportunity to write a post on Trancealert.com dedicated to this show and the mind behind it, Shiva, since she has finally decided to release, after years of requests, some of her productions for free.

Too bad she never gives any tracklist, cause I really like what she's playing

Old Post Jun-11-2010 07:01  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PEZ68 Click here to Send PEZ68 a Private Message Add PEZ68 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron C.
Guy J's remixes seem to be leaning in a darker direction lately. Then again it's not alot it's only two. His remix of "Henry Saiz - They came from the light" and "Moonface - Futurized Fears"

I love it.

Klangkarussell - Sternenkinder

Old Post Jun-11-2010 07:07  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancefxs
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GreenOctopus
KAN's June mix, in part 2! It's a beast of dark psy progressive. If anyone has a tracklist, I would be most appreciative. There's a very heavy, tribal track about 24 minutes in that I've got to get my hands on.

http://exoticmelodies.blogspot.com/...-june-2010.html

Here is the tracklist provided by Dj K.A.N himself

01 RPO - Spring
02 Cujorious One - The Alkhemist
03 Dyno - Vera
04 Cujorious One - Twist the truth
05 ID
06 Minimal Criminal - Zulu Pazuzu
07 Felipe Fernandez - Thieves
08 Nugen - Deliverance
09 The Face - In Fear - Austin V & Felipe Fernadez Tribal Mix
10 ID
11 The Bongo Man - Ancient Calling - Ancient Remix
12 ID

Old Post Jun-14-2010 10:16  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancefxs Click here to Send Trancefxs a Private Message Visit Trancefxs's homepage! Add Trancefxs to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GreenOctopus
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trancefxs
Here is the tracklist provided by Dj K.A.N himself

01 RPO - Spring
02 Cujorious One - The Alkhemist
03 Dyno - Vera
04 Cujorious One - Twist the truth
05 ID
06 Minimal Criminal - Zulu Pazuzu
07 Felipe Fernandez - Thieves
08 Nugen - Deliverance
09 The Face - In Fear - Austin V & Felipe Fernadez Tribal Mix
10 ID
11 The Bongo Man - Ancient Calling - Ancient Remix
12 ID

Ooh, thanks so much for going through the effort to find it.

Old Post Jun-14-2010 15:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GreenOctopus Click here to Send GreenOctopus a Private Message Add GreenOctopus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aaron C.
#tacofamily

Location: Behind a cup of tea and a Roland 303, TXTA # 93 (Zeshin)

Awesome how this thread has pulled such a following. Passed 10,000 views already. Glad to see there's so much dark prog interest on this forum.

Check out this awesome melodic uplifting drum & bass mix. You'll probably like it even if you don't normally like drum & bass. It's good.....no it's not by me but it's by an awesome friend whos mixes i like. Click the link!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=81&s=

Old Post Jun-14-2010 17:37  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Aaron C. Click here to Send Aaron C. a Private Message Add Aaron C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

this track is so good it makes me feel kind of sick

Old Post Jun-15-2010 19:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

^ Sounds like the bass-line for this v

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Jun-15-2010 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

Actually it sounds a lot like 'Illumination' by Thievery Corporation. Probably a coincidence

Old Post Jun-15-2010 20:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by meriter
Actually it sounds a lot like 'Illumination' by Thievery Corporation. Probably a coincidence

True. It's a decent enough hook, being ultra simple. I could see being 'accidentally' inspired by something I'd heard even years before and absent-mindedly copying it.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Jun-15-2010 20:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron C.
Awesome how this thread has pulled such a following. Passed 10,000 views already. Glad to see there's so much dark prog interest on this forum.

Yeah I'm really surprised and delighted by the huge response here... It's funny cause I don't see the enthusiasm for this kind of music reflected in the real world, at least not in the midwest anyway. I just did a set in WI last weekend I think you guys might like, I'll be posting it soon.

Old Post Jun-15-2010 20:44 
meriter
-

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
I could see being 'accidentally' inspired by something I'd heard even years before and absent-mindedly copying it.

welcome to everything i've ever done.

One of my old band-mates accidentally wrote Barracuda one night. That was hilarious.

Old Post Jun-15-2010 20:45 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (37): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp id this track from tv [2004] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackiio - "At The End" (Michael Woods Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread