Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
itsTrueSonic
NullPointerException

great post markus. i think he is trying to make the statement to 'show the love' people. come on peeps.. we all can't be flaming and trying to put some kind of childish ownnage situations in every post. we need to show the love for the music, and share our thoughts on how we can bring the genre of 'trance' to the new generation.

i know people have their opinions on house, dnb, techno, psy, etc etc .. i once was one who downed the "cheese" material, but now things have changed for me.. i am not going to label tracks cheese if it is popular or not.. i am going to judge songs by the beat, not by it's popularity.. i feel we should all do that .. also, we need to stop pushing the trance genre to the ground, saying it is too fluff now, and start promoting psy or house, and how it is way better than trance.. i know some of you have very good explanations on your stances, but others seem to have one-sided issues with trance.

i know these forums have the 'freedom of speech' thing, and how we can say whatever we want and everything, and i respect that .. but we do not want to start these flame wars and start smacking each other verbally.

show the love!

Old Post Oct-27-2004 02:19  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for itsTrueSonic Click here to Send itsTrueSonic a Private Message Add itsTrueSonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYNthSRI
ADDiCTED ˛ MELODY

Nice post.

I've noticed lots of, I guess a good word for it is 'Hate' on these boards recently as well. I've been lurking for a while now cuz of the attitudes of some where they seem to love to be condescending. It's nice to have an opinion and voice it, but every post to what seems to be cutting down someone elses likes to me equals trolling and just disrespectful to the rest in these forums.

Btw: You're doing a great job for the community, please keep up the great work you do. Your hard work and energy is definitely paying off!

Sri

• Andain - Promise
  • Adrian Lux - Can't Sleep
  • Benjamin Francis Leftwich - See You
  • Company of Thieves - Even In The Dark

Old Post Oct-27-2004 02:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SYNthSRI Click here to Send SYNthSRI a Private Message Add SYNthSRI to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Wraith
I want that one...

Dave I've got respect for you as far as what you've done with your show and all that and alot of your posts on TA have been pretty worthwhile to read, but now..... to put it bluntly you're coming off bipolar and paranoid. You praise Markus, but then you call him out on a statement and insinuate that he's trying to push some sort of agenda on TA. You need to step back and take a deep breath and realize that you're just continuing the shit that started in the other thread.

As far as Markus' post. Excellent post man. It's something that I've been thinking for quite sometime now and hopefully the community can come together and fix alot of this. Also, excellent set in Chicago man. You really blew the place up.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 02:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Wraith Click here to Send Wraith a Private Message Add Wraith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Camwin
STICKMAN

fuck, i don't belief i actually read this whole topic! it was very interesting to read this and i think that Dave should go to pm, Markus is obviously not goin to post, but then again i don't think his post was actually needed, we all know that the flame-wars need to stop and this forum isn't taking the best turn. He posts straight after the Dave Piazza/Cancalled Topic and doesn't xpect a flame war out of this? Tho Dave did carry this on for a length that was not needed but imo was expected.
I respect them both.

I ALSO LIVESTREAMED
THE LAST FLIGHT - PROGRESSIVE HOUSE/TRANCE

Old Post Oct-27-2004 02:56  New Zealand
Click Here to See the Profile for Camwin Click here to Send Camwin a Private Message Visit Camwin's homepage! Add Camwin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mebot
Maverick

quote:
Originally posted by MrSquirrel
YOU ARE GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES AND MAKING AN ASS OF YOURSELF, DAVE

That is why everyone "hates" you. That is why Arturo wants to suspend your account.

You are failing to see the points that are written in plain english explaining to you that you are "beating a dead horse" or that if you want answers from Markus abotu this that and the other you should send him a mesage directly. Hell, his WIFE even posted telling you to email her and she would forward the questions to him directly for you. Yet you still continue to, in what barely constitutes English, ask the same questions over and over and over again in the thread.

No one other than you seems to need a specific explanation of why Markus has come to the conclusions that he has through observation. The rest of us realize that he is speaking in generalities covering a wide range of topics and over more than a short period of time.

And as to why Markus "refuses" to address your questions in this thread, he is (as was stated before by others) doing what constitutes "Taking the high road" and not turning this thread into the very kind of personal bitch-fight he is speaking of in his message.

This thread was not opened as a "Debate" or a "Discussion" it was opened, obviously, with the sole intent of communicating a specific opinion of one board member, albeit a marginally famous one, to all other board members who care to read the topic.

Please, for your own sake, step back for a second and read what you type before you hit "Submit Reply".

You will, I hope, find that you will not be looking like such a "dumbass" to all the other board members....

I am going back to my tree.

MrS

Good post

Old Post Oct-27-2004 02:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
torontotrance
I hath returned

I have the sense that people are blaming me for the shit. Well I'll be blunt as usual, I doubt I'm going to stop saying that certain people are killing the damn scene imo nor I am going to hide. No offence Markus but you got too many people kissing your ass and it must be pathetic as feck. I respect Markus, he trying to make a career and pay the bills. I don't agree with where he is going but I just don't care. I figure that it is time to speak up at times and tranceaddict has always been that special place to do it. Here, you have both sides to everything and that won't change. Nice post Markus but I'm not going to change my views or stop saying what I want. I have the freedom of free speech and yes it does have limits but I have not crossed those limits. Markus will make the top 100 this year and his fans will be happy and his detractors won't be, nuff said.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for torontotrance Click here to Send torontotrance a Private Message Add torontotrance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Master
open your mind

Everyone is missing Markus point. He is clearly asking the mods to get rid of people, like torontotrance, who dedicate their fucking lifes to bomb these forums with their frustrated opinions against every fucking thing, djs, albums, songs, music, labels, they will bash everything and that's what transformed TA music forum from the comfortable place it used to be years ago to the shitter it has become now. If the mods don't act now that a big DJ has humbly asked for the wealth of everyone, then we'll never get rid of the cancer of this community.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:41  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for The Master Click here to Send The Master a Private Message Add The Master to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Perfect_Cheezit
Machine Beat

I think the best thing that this forum could possibly have is one of those 'chill pill' smilies, for times like these to send a message to the masses

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Perfect_Cheezit Click here to Send Perfect_Cheezit a Private Message Add Perfect_Cheezit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sot
shure!

nice post markus, really got your point across really clear. but wtf is dave piazza? just cuz u might be related to mike piazza, doesent mean shit lol . dood your nobody stop trying to flame people for no fucking reason. chill out and enjoy life more. nobody is here to fight with eachother. were all ta's who enjoy various forms of dance music. no reason to debate over every body. just my lil 2 centz. go flame me now.

http://www.beatport.com/artist/Chris+Luzz

Luzzed Up? - With Special Guests - Every 3rd Thursday from 2-4 (EST)
Exclusively On: http://www.di.fm/progressive/

luzzBook

luzzCloud

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sot Click here to Send sot a Private Message Visit sot's homepage! Add sot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

quote:
Originally posted by The Master
Everyone is missing Markus point. He is clearly asking the mods to get rid of people, like torontotrance, who dedicate their fucking lifes to bomb these forums with their frustrated opinions against every fucking thing, djs, albums, songs, music, labels, they will bash everything and that's what transformed TA music forum from the comfortable place it used to be years ago to the shitter it has become now. If the mods don't act now that a big DJ has humbly asked for the wealth of everyone, then we'll never get rid of the cancer of this community.

Thank you !! This person understands exactly what I've been trying to say in 10 pages However, I disagree with Markus when he thinks people like me and TTA are cancers for TA.

Please read the above thread carefully.

I am glad to see some TA members (The Master & TTA ) who interpret the message correctly.

Bravo to all the brave souls that fight the power !

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:45  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Piazza Click here to Send Dave Piazza a Private Message Visit Dave Piazza's homepage! Add Dave Piazza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dan1584
Anti-Elitist

Great post Markus. I agree with everything you said plain and simple. It's a shame you don't post more often, but being the silent type is a good thing sometimes.

Maybe one day we'll see you post your opinions on some new releases in the new release section, that would be very nice to hear what you think

"Dancing With Kadafi"
"Symphonatic"

'Nuff Said...

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Dan1584 Click here to Send Dan1584 a Private Message Visit Dan1584's homepage! Add Dan1584 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by The Master
He is clearly asking the mods to get rid of people, like torontotrance

You do know that torontotrance is a mod himself, right? Again, just like in the ASOT topic, he has a right to free-speech.

I think that what Markus was saying was to let the people stay here and post, but if you do, then post with facts and respect, not "OMFG ASOT & GDJB SUCK IF U LIEK THEM THEN U R DUMB!!!!!!!11ONEONE" I honestly can't see him saying, "Please, remove this person from this community now."

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSecond Sun Track [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTilt - "New Day" (David West Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread