Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Ricardo Villalobos
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Provided you like ketamine and shitty clickno. The mid 00s were like the dark ages for dance music.

This is the exact point in time where it all went off the rails:

Old Post Aug-06-2015 22:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Provided you like ketamine and shitty clickno. The mid 00s were like the dark ages for dance music.

This.

Well, apart from the fact of what came before was actually better. Now I'm confused. Apart from the fact that the 00's were shit for dance music, except for the latter part which got good again at last here in the states. But now it's shit again.

Oh, fuck it, it's been shit since 2000.

Old Post Aug-07-2015 01:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

How is it shit again? The legit, quality underground is probably the biggest it's been since the 90s. I think that goes for the states as well.

Old Post Aug-07-2015 10:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

It is certainly not "shit" now.

Old Post Aug-07-2015 13:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

Just downloaded Villalobos vs. DJ Sneak set on Soundcloud. Hated it.

Anyone got a good solo Villalobos set where he shines? Needs to be downloadable

Old Post Aug-07-2015 15:39  United States
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

You'd be hard pressed to find one of those, Mark. they are quite rate.

quote:
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Aug-07-2015 16:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

quote:
Originally posted by DanceFloorPoet
Just downloaded Villalobos vs. DJ Sneak set on Soundcloud. Hated it.

Anyone got a good solo Villalobos set where he shines? Needs to be downloadable

Nothing recent, if that's a requirement. However, before the Cocoon cult of personality thing and Perlon really took off, Ricardo was (and still is, I'm sure) more than capable of adapting his style to the situation at hand.

Ricardo Villalobos Live @ Clubnight Spezial, Frankfurt - 01-07-2000 by International Artist Support on Mixcloud

[01:29] Dimitry & Jaimy - Being Served [Opara]
[01:33] Andrew McLauchlan - Love Story [Figment - 4]
[01:40] John Tejada - Music For Doubles [Palette - PAL 12]
[01:45] Jeff Mills - Condor To Mallorca [Axis - AX 021]
[01:48] Conceiled Project - Definition Of D. [Svek - SK 040]
[01:51] DJ Bear Who? - The Jungle Fire [Cross Section - CS 137]
[01:56] Gary Martin - Cyba Tiki [Teknotika - GG 27]
[02:00] Gemini - Swimmin' With Sharks [The Classic Music Company - CMC 77]
[02:04] Derrick L. Carter - 10 [The Classic Music Company - CMC 80]
[02:12] Stress - You Chased My Life [Transfusion - TF 011]
[02:14] Milk - Theme [Capricious - CAP 004]
[02:17] DJ Duke - Tribal Liberation [Earth Moon & Sun - EMS 02]
[02:23] Bobby Productions - Subido [Paparazzi - 005]
[02:25] Private Productions - Sad Sad Song [R 49401]
[02:30] Technasia - Force [Technasia - TA 5]
[02:37] Common Factor - World Is Mine [Planet E - PE 65252]
[02:42] Quakerman - Schlamm Me [U Star - USR 006]
[02:46] Solid Groove - Won't Stop [Slip 'n' Slide - SLIP 112]
[02:50] Dub Taylor - Bullitt [3LG - 661956023319]
[02:52] Bandulu - Runnings [Foundation - FD 030]

A stream was the best I could do atm, sorry. He really cranks things up here, and plays big records like Force and World Is Mine at the absolute perfect time.

Old Post Aug-07-2015 17:21  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

I actually kind of dig this (Jan 2015 release): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW9mR21nJOw

Never paid a lot of attention to him in general but he definitely has a few things that hit the spot for me.

Old Post Aug-07-2015 18:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Dance music is in its post-boom phase - underground, back-to-roots house and techno is thriving, but there's no hint as to a 'next big thing' that the mags and the hype machine can push yet, so many will claim it's shite and dying. (see: the early 2000s)

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Aug-07-2015 20:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm sure it's great right now if you like deep underground techno in shitty basements. Sadly I only have a 30 min tolerance of this sort of thing these days.

I suppose I'm just finding it difficult to find decent prog and deep house in the oceans of shite. I maybe just need to look harder though.

Old Post Aug-08-2015 01:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I'm sure it's great right now if you like deep underground techno in shitty basements. Sadly I only have a 30 min tolerance of this sort of thing these days.

I suppose I'm just finding it difficult to find decent prog and deep house in the oceans of shite. I maybe just need to look harder though.

Prog is obviously dead but there's seriously so much great deephouse now. A lot of shit yeah, but if you're looking through Beatport you're obviously getting shit. Honestly, the way to go these days for undeground house/techno is to browse the vinyl shops again. A huge amount of stuff is also only relased digitally very delayed or not all. I recommend browsing Hardwax since they stock very little outright crap - https://hardwax.com/house/

Check out this mix by fellow TAer Adam, only recently released stuff on vinyl.

Or this ony by another TA member (although I don't think he checks around anymore )

Old Post Aug-08-2015 12:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Nice sets. Man I love that crackle at the beginning of a vinyl set, haha. Silly nostalgia.

Old Post Aug-08-2015 12:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Ricardo Villalobos
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHard trance tune from mid to late 90's. [2015] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBjoern Small - In A State Of (Original Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread