Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Wedding Gigs
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
nerdgrl416
Kamaya Painters Addict

Wedding Gigs

I've used he search engine and this may be a dumb question but I have a wedding gig coming up. Do I need to bring my own table to lay all my equipment out or does the restaurant/venue usually provide that? What is the standard?

Old Post Sep-09-2006 03:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for nerdgrl416 Click here to Send nerdgrl416 a Private Message Add nerdgrl416 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Audigy7
Supreme tranceaddict

You could call the place you're going to be at and ask or you could just bring a table in the event that they don't have one for you.

"I think i'll name my testicles Mysaq. So then I can be like, "wooah woowwho whwowooaaa there Mysaq, it's not a good idea to teabag a tarantula."" - Glade776

Old Post Sep-09-2006 04:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Audigy7 Click here to Send Audigy7 a Private Message Add Audigy7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nerdgrl416
Kamaya Painters Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Audigy7
You could call the place you're going to be at and ask or you could just bring a table in the event that they don't have one for you.

Thanks so much! I'm such a noob. In the event that they don't have one for me do you think a folding table at Costco (with cloth will do or is that kinda ghetto?

Old Post Sep-09-2006 04:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for nerdgrl416 Click here to Send nerdgrl416 a Private Message Add nerdgrl416 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spirit5
Nobody

quote:
Originally posted by nerdgrl416
Thanks so much! I'm such a noob. In the event that they don't have one for me do you think a folding table at Costco (with cloth will do or is that kinda ghetto?

That's a pretty good idea however make sure it's high enough. I dunno how tall you are, but i've seen some tables there and they were pretty low, unless you can get something to raise your equipment, like a case or some books. What equipment are you using? CDJs, Dual CD Players, Turntables?? Oh and cloth, don't need one really unless your using some heavy TTs and don't want to put dents in your table. I had that happen to my folding table with my old TTs, and when I sold them and got CDJs, I put the CDJs down and they wouldn't sit straight so I used my TT cases I bought and they rest on them.

Old Post Sep-09-2006 04:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spirit5 Click here to Send Spirit5 a Private Message Add Spirit5 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nerdgrl416
Kamaya Painters Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit5
That's a pretty good idea however make sure it's high enough. I dunno how tall you are, but i've seen some tables there and they were pretty low, unless you can get something to raise your equipment, like a case or some books. What equipment are you using? CDJs, Dual CD Players, Turntables??

I'm using 2 cdj-200s and djm400. I'll have Road Ready cases. I'm about 5'6 soo I'm hoping this will work.

Old Post Sep-09-2006 04:56  United States
Spirit5
Nobody

quote:
I'm using 2 cdj-200s and djm400. I'll have Road Ready cases. I'm about 5'6 soo I'm hoping this will work.

Cool I like that set up. Those are pretty small, both the CDJs and the mixer. I'de say your best bet is to put them on the cases as long as the cases are high enough, that way you have some height going. Most folding tables seem to be only around 29'' high...what kind of music are you going to play?

Old Post Sep-09-2006 04:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spirit5 Click here to Send Spirit5 a Private Message Add Spirit5 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nerdgrl416
Kamaya Painters Addict

quote:
Cool I like that set up. Those are pretty small, both the CDJs and the mixer. I'de say your best bet is to put them on the cases as long as the cases are high enough, that way you have some height going. Most folding tables seem to be only around 29'' high...

Cool I appreciate your help!

Old Post Sep-09-2006 04:59  United States
Spirit5
Nobody

quote:
Cool I appreciate your help!

No prob, what kind of music are you going to play?

Old Post Sep-09-2006 04:59  United States
nerdgrl416
Kamaya Painters Addict

quote:

I'll be playing whatever the client wants me to play considering if I get paid of course. For myself though I'll be playing melodic trance, tech trance.

Old Post Sep-09-2006 05:03  United States
nerdgrl416
Kamaya Painters Addict

quote:

What kind of music do you play?

Old Post Sep-09-2006 05:04  United States
Spirit5
Nobody

quote:
What kind of music do you play?

Well I haven't gotten any gigs yet as I am still trying to master beatmatching correctly (I can get it right sometimes but I am not very consistent with my practicing). Once I get a new mixer i'll be able to mix better, mine has degrading over time and doesn't sound as good as it used to. Haha but I used to play melodic trance when I had TTs, now with CDJs I play progressive house with some trance mixed in. Atmospheric..melodic music mostly. The stuff in my sig really....check em out.

Old Post Sep-09-2006 05:09  United States
nerdgrl416
Kamaya Painters Addict

quote:
Well I haven't gotten any gigs yet as I am still trying to master beatmatching correctly (I can get it right sometimes but I am not very consistent with my practicing)...haha but I used to play melodic trance when I had TTs, now with CDJs I play progressive house with some trance mixed in. Atmospheric..melodic music mostly. The stuff in my sig really....check em out.

ahh... beatmatching. I still funk up every now and then. It took me almost two years b/c of my inconsistent practicing lolz.

Old Post Sep-09-2006 05:11  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Wedding Gigs
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp id [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDeux - "Deux" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread