Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is Trance too old now?
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
enydo
~

Hahahahaha.

Old Post Jun-26-2012 02:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Thirsty
tranceaddict

hmm what are demographics for trance listeners, not a lot of people i know listen to it and i am 20. A guy on my course likes it and he told me his dad who is like 50ish is a solid trance fan.

Old Post Jun-26-2012 04:34  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Thirsty Click here to Send Thirsty a Private Message Add Thirsty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Pluviose
Are you sure about that? When I share this genre with people they will always complain that it is "too long, too complicated, sounds ugly, has no words (vocals), sounds weird, sounds scary"

And that is with the majority of people who I show it to.

Make friends with people who aren't complete fucktards?

If they think pads in A minor played on Omnisphere is scary, then I'd love to see them listen to something like this;

Too long and sounds ugly I agree with 100%. But it's not complicated in any way.

quote:

ALFI - BOHICA - DJ MIX (Stream+Dropbox)

Old Post Jun-26-2012 05:09  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Thirsty
hmm what are demographics for trance listeners, not a lot of people i know listen to it and i am 20. A guy on my course likes it and he told me his dad who is like 50ish is a solid trance fan.

I doubt there are many people under the age of 21 getting into trance anymore. The days of chart domination are long gone. Most of the trance around today is so corny I'm not surprised kids think it's a load of shit.

I genuinely meet more people these days who are into psy trance than the regular stuff. Girls especially seem to love it.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-26-2012 05:11  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zharen
Put down the plate

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I doubt there are many people under the age of 21 getting into trance anymore. The days of chart domination are long gone. Most of the trance around today is so corny I'm not surprised kids think it's a load of shit.

THIS

quote:
I genuinely meet more people these days who are into psy trance than the regular stuff. Girls especially seem to love it.

Bass music is what's popular here, and LMFAO style shit house.

Old Post Jun-26-2012 05:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zharen Click here to Send Zharen a Private Message Add Zharen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Obviously dubstep, electro and house are the most popular things around, and drum 'n bass is getting very popular too. It's still a rarity to find anyone who likes trance, but when I do it's usually of the psychedelic variety. Students and hippy-bohemian types tend to enjoy it.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-26-2012 05:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Juan Paulino
Come Away O Human Child

Thats awsome, i never seen any girls that are into pay-trance.

Juan Paulino - Quantum Break (Original Mix) [Progressive Breaks]

Old Post Jun-26-2012 06:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Juan Paulino Click here to Send Juan Paulino a Private Message Visit Juan Paulino's homepage! Add Juan Paulino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

Yeah all the girls I know are into free trance too.

quote:

ALFI - BOHICA - DJ MIX (Stream+Dropbox)

Old Post Jun-26-2012 06:50  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

Above & Beyond seem to be really popular with college-age kids, but that's about the only trance that seems to have that reach.

Then again, as has been said, trance has never been the popular or cool one, at least in the US.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Jun-26-2012 09:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

quote:
Girls especially seem to love it.

Yea but those are not usually the kinds of girls you wanna know...not here anyway.

quote:
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jun-26-2012 14:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rdevito
Controlling Paradox

quote:
Girls especially seem to love it.

I love the outdoors psy trance festivals here in Brazil, so many hot chicks

Old Post Jun-26-2012 14:51  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for rdevito Click here to Send rdevito a Private Message Add rdevito to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alero50
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zharen
THIS

Bass music is what's popular here, and LMFAO style shit house.

What do you mean by base music? The stuff Fitzgerald spins?

Old Post Jun-26-2012 16:49  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Alero50 Click here to Send Alero50 a Private Message Add Alero50 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is Trance too old now?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackmust have [2003] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSoul Central feat Kathy Brown - "Strings Of Life" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread