Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Inaugural Digital Dreams Festival @ The Flats/Ontario Place
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
an_an
Supreme tranceaddict

Day 1 was mad missions getting in. But I forgot about it all while I got there just in time to catch Guy Gerber start his set. I really really enjoyed his sound, he was playing some proggy stuff. Boris was amazing! I liked his set. Not a lot of drums but he was still good. Lawler never seems to disappoint. Very groovy tech-house. I was really wasted by the time Richie Hawtin got on. But, he was amazing. Loved his minimal-tech sound. I've been digging the Audiowhores- Sometimes track which Richie Hawtin played on Day1 and Mark Knight played on Day 2.

No problems getting in at all Day 2. Walked right through after watching the final for the Euro Cup. Chus & Ceballos were good, but I agree nothing outstanding. I was expecting them to ripp it since Spain won, and Pablo was rocking the Spain jersey too. Nonetheless, it was good enough. I really liked Mark Knight! I wasn't expecting him to spin Techno. He dropped a few Nicole Moudaber tracks and a some good techno. I liked his sound. Don't care what the n00bs have been complaining about! I would say Day 1 was way better musically for me. I was a complete disaster Day 2. Had one too many beers and fucked shit up for myself. So, I don't remember shit from there on.

I would expect them to have pre-checkin locations, for Rogers customers, prior to the event next year. I though the sound was pretty messed up in the front near the stage. There wasn't much bass at all. The Hi's seemed to be fucked too.

Old Post Jul-03-2012 18:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for an_an Click here to Send an_an a Private Message Add an_an to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WithoutAngles
Senior tranceaddict

Great success for Toronto's first festival, no major problems from what I could see.

The music for the most part wasn't up my alley. Haven't been a fan of the tech house sound for the last little bit but with that being said I almost always found something to do throughout the day.

Sets of the festival for me were Art Department, first half of Guy Gerber's set, the second half seemed like he was trying to set up for Boris's set and I wasn't really feelin' it as much. Nu:tone & London Elektricity absolutely destroyed the bass stage, had so much fun there. Caught a bit of Lawler's set and was diggin' it for the most part, but I was pretty hammered at this point and anything would have got me going in that state I think.

Overall a fun weekend, would do it again.

PS. Someone ID this track!

Old Post Jul-03-2012 19:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for WithoutAngles Click here to Send WithoutAngles a Private Message Visit WithoutAngles's homepage! Add WithoutAngles to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Jul-03-2012 19:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orko
Digital Hippie

Bought a two day pass. Went Sat, average music, didn't go back Sunday.

$10 tall boys, 1 ATM, clusterfuck getting in, average music...great crowd.

For the price, not sure I would try it again. Unless of course, they had the Chemical brothers come in next year. Having gone to a couple of festivals last year in Europe, the difference was monumental in every way.

Rogers helps to fill a stadium with the same number of people multiple times a week, they couldn't have given a bit of advice?

Old Post Jul-03-2012 19:43  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by an_an
I've been digging the Audiowhores- Sometimes track which Richie Hawtin played on Day1 and Mark Knight played on Day 2.

i reaallllly doubt Richie played that track, someone please confirm this lol

Old Post Jul-03-2012 20:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJOS2
Supreme tranceaddict

Press Release - July 3:

JUNE 30TH & JULY 1ST, 2012 AT THE FLATS @ MOLSON CANADIAN AMPHITHEATRE

Digital Dreams Music Festival Powered by Rogers would like to thank all of the fans who came out this past Canada Day weekend to make Toronto’s first and largest outdoor EDM festival an unforgettable one!

The festival boasted 4 stages and over 90 DJs from all over the world playing to more than 25,000 attendees.

Amazing weather, a sandy beach and Toronto’s spectacular skyline in the background made The Flats at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre the perfect host to the 26+ hours of dancing.

Check out videos from the festival at: www.electronicnation.com/videos

Electronic Nation Canada is already in the planning stages and eager to announce details for next year’s Digital Dreams Festival, but before this we still have two more EDM Festivals to go this summer! iHome Presents Identity Festival featuring Eric Prydz, Nero, Excision, Madeon & more will take place on the Echo Beach grounds on July 21st. If you loved the Digital Dreams party on the beach, you definitely don’t want to miss this event. The 16th annual World Electronic Music Festival Powered by Rogers (WEMF) will be at South Algonquin August 17th to 19th. Tickets for both festivals are available at www.electronicnation.com.

For more information, updates and videos on Digital Dreams Music Festival visit: www.digitaldreamsfest.ca
For information on all Electronic Nation shows visit www.electronicnation.com, www.facebook.com/electronicnationcanada and www.twitter.com/DigiDreamsFest

Last edited by DJOS2 on Jul-03-2012 at 20:52

Old Post Jul-03-2012 20:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJOS2 Click here to Send DJOS2 a Private Message Visit DJOS2's homepage! Add DJOS2 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Ear
Built for debauchery

quote:
Originally posted by DJOS2
Press Release - July 3:

JUNE 30TH & JULY 1ST, 2012 AT THE FLATS @ MOLSON CANADIAN AMPHITHEATRE

Digital Dreams Music Festival Powered by Rogers would like to thank all of the fans who came out this past Canada Day weekend to make Ontario’s first and largest outdoor EDM festival an unforgettable one!

The festival boasted 4 stages and over 90 DJs from all over the world playing to more than 25,000 attendees.

Amazing weather, a sandy beach and Toronto’s spectacular skyline in the background made The Flats at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre the perfect host to the 26+ hours of dancing.

Check out videos from the festival at: www.electronicnation.com/videos

Electronic Nation Canada is already in the planning stages and eager to announce details for next year’s Digital Dreams Festival, but before this we still have two more EDM Festivals to go this summer! iHome Presents Identity Festival featuring Eric Prydz, Nero, Excision, Madeon & more will take place on the Echo Beach grounds on July 21st. If you loved the Digital Dreams party on the beach, you definitely don’t want to miss this event. The 16th annual World Electronic Music Festival Powered by Rogers (WEMF) will be at South Algonquin August 17th to 19th. Tickets for both festivals are available at www.electronicnation.com.

For more information, updates and videos on Digital Dreams Music Festival visit: www.digitaldreamsfest.ca
For information on all Electronic Nation shows visit www.electronicnation.com, www.facebook.com/electronicnationcanada and www.twitter.com/DigiDreamsFest

So this festival occurred in a wormhole that took it back in time to before WEMF eh?

Neat!! Maybe I will consider going next year now.

Old Post Jul-03-2012 20:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for The Ear Click here to Send The Ear a Private Message Add The Ear to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ferg
Supreme tranceaddict

Any of the sets recorded? London Electricity with that MC was probably the best set I heard all weekend with art department being my 2nd favourite. Good times over all. I thought the techno stage was a let down. All the people I thought would be awesome played extremely boring sets.

Old Post Jul-03-2012 20:35  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Ferg Click here to Send Ferg a Private Message Add Ferg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJOS2
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by The Ear
So this festival occurred in a wormhole that took it back in time to before WEMF eh?

Neat!! Maybe I will consider going next year now.

Was a typo - fixed!

Old Post Jul-03-2012 21:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJOS2 Click here to Send DJOS2 a Private Message Visit DJOS2's homepage! Add DJOS2 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ozmözis
Line buddy!

Only took us about an hour lol

The best part while in line was this snobby chick that somehow cut her way to the front and started bitching at people who were trying to bud in line. ummm...

LOL..saw that one

Old Post Jul-03-2012 21:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
james 100
tranceaddict

When you're given the option of a wristband mailed to your home, take it!! We went during the busiest times and never waited in line.

Guy Gerber was the highlight for me. Perfect for sundown.

I would love to see 1/2 the dj's next year, with full sets (3-4 hours).

Old Post Jul-03-2012 21:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for james 100 Click here to Send james 100 a Private Message Add james 100 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by james 100

I would love to see 1/2 the dj's next year, with full sets (3-4 hours).

while i couldnt make DD this year, i completely agree with this. this is the main reason i dont really do festivals anymore. The whole 1-2 hour sets in my opinion are pretty worthless with weekend passes costing anywhere from $100-300 depending on which one it is. id rather pay $40-60 for a one night club event but hear the headliner rip it for 4-12 hours depending on who it is playing. i understand these festivals are more than just about the music and the whole over all experience but i like my longer DJ sets that are really a musical journey.

Old Post Jul-03-2012 22:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Roll Call: Inaugural Digital Dreams Festival @ The Flats/Ontario Place
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJOOF - March Gallery At Turnmills ID [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackThe Moon - Blow Up The Speaker [Paul Hutsch Remix] [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread