Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2015
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
fyi john digweed announced for the carl cox's stage at dd

Ahhh yeah. I called that too.

Old Post Mar-27-2015 16:44  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
Ahhh yeah. I called that too.

yeah its shitty, its everyone that ink brings in... straight up they are ruining dd... like I wasn't planning on going but still dd was credible now their an ink money grab...
I would love it if we had our own version of crssd fest... but EI and Bestival are good enough for now...

Old Post Mar-27-2015 21:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

I don't see the problem with digweed or carl cox . We all know who ink books. Coda has their regulars too that we see there and at electric island all the time. Now these parties are more so a tradition then seeing some next level music. It's where I see people I normally wouldn't pay to see for the first time, some ok , some bad but with friends and alcohol it's always a good time lol

Old Post Mar-27-2015 21:33  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
yeah its shitty, its everyone that ink brings in... straight up they are ruining dd... like I wasn't planning on going but still dd was credible now their an ink money grab...
I would love it if we had our own version of crssd fest... but EI and Bestival are good enough for now...

they have their hands on all the bookings for major events. Even last year they were booking most of the DD d.js from what I heard...and now they're running the show. target market is _+ 12 year olds lol. give it time, they'll get rid of diggers and cox and deep dish again.. and anyone that reminds them of the glory days of Guv....our scene got old, but Ink will live on for years to come

they're great at it

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We got lucky back then to see the greatness, not so much now

Old Post Mar-28-2015 00:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

And now the news everyone has been waiting to hear: Sasha is confirmed for the May 18th opening party as per RA. It is looking massive so far with Lawler and Pan-Pot as well. Can we hope for a B2B set with Sasha and Lawler a la Skybar in 2005??

Tale of Us gets praised a lot but I thought their set was just okay in 2013. I like some tracks like Primitive People which sounded awesome in big space, but overall the set was up and down...pacing was too slow at times.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Last edited by Nobbie Q on Mar-29-2015 at 09:22

Old Post Mar-29-2015 09:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beings
Supreme tranceaddict

Hopefully the sound system will be well tuned this year. Last EI I went to was MJC and the sound was brutal. Either the speaker was blown or it was clipping like mad (center speakers). I think there was another time when sound was off, but the rest were quite good. Sasha night especially sounded awesome. tl.dr in for sasha.

Old Post Mar-29-2015 22:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Beings Click here to Send Beings a Private Message Add Beings to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Beings
Hopefully the sound system will be well tuned this year. Last EI I went to was MJC and the sound was brutal. Either the speaker was blown or it was clipping like mad (center speakers). I think there was another time when sound was off, but the rest were quite good. Sasha night especially sounded awesome. tl.dr in for sasha.

Yeah the sound was bad at that event, Seth Troxler cancelled, and she spun an uninspiring set on top of it, although it was extended. I enjoyed My Favourite Robot's live performance though despite complaints from others saying it was too mellow and Bob Moses as well.

I actually can't believe they booked Troxler again after last year's nonsense but whateves

Old Post Mar-29-2015 22:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
And now the news everyone has been waiting to hear: Sasha is confirmed for the May 18th opening party as per RA. It is looking massive so far with Lawler and Pan-Pot as well. Can we hope for a B2B set with Sasha and Lawler a la Skybar in 2005??

Fuck, SERIOUSLY? The two I wanted to see most but I'll be away.

Old Post Mar-30-2015 01:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
Fuck, SERIOUSLY? The two I wanted to see most but I'll be away.

Actually, it might not be true as both Seth Troxler and Lee Foss are also being shown as being scheduled for the May 18th EI party. I guess RA is just taking the first date of the party for all the DJs.

I didn't mean to scare you! I guess we'll have to wait for something more official.

Old Post Mar-30-2015 10:28  Canada
MSZ
godspeed

Old Post Mar-30-2015 13:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

pan pot is listed for EI on the 2-4 as well as the afterparty....
nothing against pan pot but will most likely skip the ap if lawler is not on the bill, super disappointed about that...

that line up looks rather busy for 1 day... anybody hear anything on a 2nd stage, possibly a tent?

Old Post Mar-30-2015 21:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

Old Post Mar-30-2015 21:10  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Electric Island 2015
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktwo requests with one sample (an old trance classic) [2003] [11]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBjoern Small - In A State Of (Original Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread