Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Matrix 4: The Search for More Money (Matrix)?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

I'm really not expecting much from this. The first Matrix was good, albeit kind of cheesy, but they went considerably downhill with the next two. That said, I'll probably still watch it, just in case they manage to pull off something special. At least it will probably look pretty.

Old Post Aug-21-2019 23:14  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Also, Zoso, I just wanted to let you know that the Spaceballs reference in the thread title did not go unnoticed

Old Post Aug-21-2019 23:22  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Also, Zoso, I just wanted to let you know that the Spaceballs reference in the thread title did not go unnoticed

My work here is (mostly) done, then.

Old Post Aug-21-2019 23:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Side note: I learned many years after watching The Matrix that they borrowed heavily from themes in Ghost In The Shell (animated version, of course), and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is also my understanding that The Animatrix is good. I have it as part of the Matrix Trilogy DVD set, but I am afraid to say I've yet to watch it.

Old Post Aug-21-2019 23:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Side note: I learned many years after watching The Matrix that they borrowed heavily from themes in Ghost In The Shell (animated version, of course), and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is also my understanding that The Animatrix is good. I have it as part of the Matrix Trilogy DVD set, but I am afraid to say I've yet to watch it.

The Animatrix is pretty cool, go and check it out!

Old Post Aug-21-2019 23:44  Australia
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
The Animatrix is pretty cool, go and check it out!

I need to dig out my DVD and transcode it anyway.

Old Post Aug-21-2019 23:48  United States
Jon_Snow

My view of Hollywood has changed a great deal. I use to view them as treasure trove of creativity and entertainment, but now I see them as money making machine that has very little creativity of their own. They buy, borrow and steal other people’s ideas, stories and characters then re appropriate them for the screen. Most of the audience doesn’t know and frankly probably don’t care, just as long as they’re entertained. I don’t brood over it but just come to see it for what it is. There are a few exceptions every year, gems that rise above the sea of mediocrity...

Without knowing anything about this sequel I wouldn’t expect anything that would hold a candle to the original. It’s just ready made framework to slap a modified story that can be easily sold to an existing fan base. Boy I sound cynical.

Old Post Aug-22-2019 02:14 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_Snow
Boy, I sound cynical.

Baby, it's either you is or you ain't.

You can call me the "oracle," suga.

Old Post Aug-22-2019 02:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow

I’m the (cynical) “One”

I’m filling in for Jack while he’s on vacation.

Old Post Aug-22-2019 02:46 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
I’m the “One”

That's impossible, there is no spoon.

Old Post Aug-22-2019 03:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
I’m the (cynical) “One”

I’m filling in for Jack while he’s on vacation.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Old Post Aug-22-2019 10:06  United States
Jon_Snow

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Old Post Aug-22-2019 11:18 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Matrix 4: The Search for More Money (Matrix)?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackmarcel woods - new feeling [unknown remix] [2010] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVincent De Moor - "No Hesitation" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread