Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Cool, I think you mentioned them once! Nice to hear you're getting along well

Now, let me tell you something about Brazilian parents (of Japanese descent and otherwise). If you befriend them, and they invite you to their kids' birthday party, you're in luck: they'll probably make some tiny delicious brown diabetes balls we call "brigadeiro" (brigadier).

That's condensed chocolate milk with chocolate sprinkles and chocolate bliss. Give them poutine in return and you'll have friends for life

I've barely eaten anything today I WOULD FUCKING DESTROY THESE RIGHT NOW

Old Post Dec-14-2018 04:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Y'all want rum balls.

250g dark chocolate
25g butter
1 tablespoon condensed milk
1 tablespoon icing sugar
25g cocoa
2 tablespoons dark rum (add more in Australia)
50g milk chocolate sprinkles
50g dark chocolate sprinkles

Dice the chocolate and melt in a double boiler. Add the remaining ingredients except the sprinkles and mix with a hand mixer.
Using a teaspoon, form small balls (lol).
Mix the milk and dark chocolate sprinkles and roll the balls in them (lol). Let dry.

Old Post Dec-14-2018 10:51  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I fuckin love rum balls. I should make!

Old Post Dec-14-2018 11:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Are you referring to Ishkur?

If so, I've suspected this for a long time. There were certain things he came up with that just seemed completely fucking daft (like how certain genres were associated with or came from others that had no plausible link whatsoever).

I'd love to know what specifics he bullshitted about.

A couple of examples stand out in my memory, mainly because I am a prog geek and am in a better position to spot bullshit relating to that genre:

First one: He once said on his forum that the reason British progressive house was so popular in the late ‘90s was because Dave Seaman was editor of Mixmag at the time and used his position to push editorials favouring his Brit prog mates. Except that Seaman was editor of Mixmag from 1988 to 1991, leaving a year before the term “progressive house” was even coined in a Mixmag article by Dom Phillips. So even if he meant the first prog boom (1992-1994), he was still completely wrong. Clearly he just took an overheard fact (Dave Seaman used to edit Mixmag), jumped to a whole bunch of conclusions and then presented it as fact.

Second one: I remember chatting to him on MSN Messenger (this is how far back we’re going) about Northern Exposure, and he starting talking about how it was really smart of Sasha and Diggers to sequence God Within – Raincry next to Rabbit In The Moon – OOBE, because both used the same Tori Amos sample. I was baffled by this, because the two vocals sounded totally different to me, but he was adamant about it, saying “People who are familiar with creative sampling will instantly make the connection between the two” as though that was the intention. I didn’t argue with him, because I assumed he knew more than me and the sample must have been pitched or manipulated in some way. Wasn’t until much later I found out the Raincry vocal comes straight from a Hans Zimmer soundtrack, more or less untouched. Absolutely nothing to do with Tori Amos, not even the same gender!

These are relatively small examples, but they show his propensity to just come out with pure bullshit without the slightest hint of fact-checking. I’ve seen plenty of other examples, on TA and on his own forum, where he’d be prattling on about production techniques on records and people would go “You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about”. And being Ishkur, all this was delivered in that didactic, lecturing tone, without any suggestion of uncertainty about the details. I've no doubt that if you went through his Guide and strenuously fact-checked it, a huge percentage would have just come from his assumptions and guesses, with no evidence behind it.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Dec-14-2018 13:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

I can see jack is still easily trolled into writing books lol

Old Post Dec-14-2018 15:22  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow

Jack is wound pretty tight
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Y'all want rum balls.

250g dark chocolate
25g butter
1 tablespoon condensed milk
1 tablespoon icing sugar
25g cocoa
2 tablespoons dark rum (add more in Australia)
50g milk chocolate sprinkles
50g dark chocolate sprinkles

Dice the chocolate and melt in a double boiler. Add the remaining ingredients except the sprinkles and mix with a hand mixer.
Using a teaspoon, form small balls (lol).
Mix the milk and dark chocolate sprinkles and roll the balls in them (lol). Let dry.

I heard balls are your thing
(Seriously I want)

Last edited by on Dec-14-2018 at 15:51

Old Post Dec-14-2018 15:37 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Y'all want rum balls.

I stand corrected. Befriend an Aussie-Caribbean family, Jenny, and get as many rum balls as you can

Old Post Dec-15-2018 15:19  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigitalPhoenix
On a new path to success!

Not that anyone remembers me here cos I barely contributed. Well maybe I did, just bullshit. But yep: Im in, 2 Kids. Im 45 now, and dude fuck me if I cant hear enough of Fortnite from my 11 Yr Old. I'm like "Fuck, my Dad would have told me he just wanted a blowjob" if I was behind him talking about skins and gliders...eeehh, but I still love the lil bugger and show him how to transition from breakbeats at 130 to 132 to 4x4 house. The 8 yr. old girl is the boss though...oh man. She straight up is gangster! She'll set me up for new toys. Girls are more adaptaded guys. They KNOW what they want! All in all though, Im a Happy Man. Shout out to Weiner,Lira and Jenny BTW, always enjoy your posts!

Old Post Dec-31-2018 03:55  Nicaragua
Click Here to See the Profile for DigitalPhoenix Click here to Send DigitalPhoenix a Private Message Visit DigitalPhoenix's homepage! Add DigitalPhoenix to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

What up! I remember you. I didn't know you were old as balls until now though.

Old Post Dec-31-2018 12:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Old as shitballs!

Worst I have to deal with now is just her playing the wood block. She can almost keep a 4x4 beat.

Old Post Dec-31-2018 19:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Okay Jen, I hope your humor improves next year

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Dec-31-2018 19:46  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Ah man, seriously? You know it's probably only gonna get worse the more I grow into being a mother. :/

Old Post Jan-01-2019 00:58 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAmazing hard trance track [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKings Of Tomorrow - "6pm" (Mark Knight & Martijn Ten Velden Remix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread