Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Roland System-8
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
$1500 for a controller? thats a bit cheeky, wouldnt even call it a VA, didnt actually realise it only had 8 voices that doesnt make sense

why wouldn't it be considered a VA? you could argue it is the ultimate VA, accounting for the ACB tech, which goes far more in-depth with modelling analogue than other VA's do.

JP-8000 only had 8 voices too, a highly coveted VA. think the JP was the same price also at the time.

bagged mine for £1165... got £75 knicker off just for asking.

Old Post Oct-27-2016 16:11  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by rubez
why wouldn't it be considered a VA? you could argue it is the ultimate VA, accounting for the ACB tech, which goes far more in-depth with modelling analogue than other VA's do.

JP-8000 only had 8 voices too, a highly coveted VA. think the JP was the same price also at the time.

bagged mine for £1165... got £75 knicker off just for asking.

hope its worth it, how many synths you got now?

Old Post Oct-27-2016 16:25  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

just JDXI and pulse 2.

got rid of a few.

beefy short demo... sounds like that sideband filter snarling. good bass. kick by system-8 too, apparently.

Last edited by rubez on Oct-27-2016 at 17:47

Old Post Oct-27-2016 17:35  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Yes, 20 years ago when DSP was more expensive. Things have moved on a lot.

Also, the JP did something new with the supersaw and literally defined 10 years of dance music.

How do even make such a shit comparison?

The System 8 defines nothing, apart from cynical marketing to idiots that think more knobs = more better. It's an overpriced and underspecced piece of crap.

Old Post Oct-27-2016 23:07  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
It's an overpriced and underspecced piece of crap.

...with totally rad green lights.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Oct-27-2016 23:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

such bitterness

might have to cancel my order if this synth doesn't look like it will change the face of dance music forever!

fantastic sounding jupiter and juno emulations, plus a meaty native engine all in one, with the ability to load yet more emulations, immediate controls, effects, arp, seq etc? yeah, i'll take that.

your are right, roland know there's a market for that and wisely came up with this synth... or should i spend £10k on the authentic real deal 30 year old analogue original?

stick to your ground breaking soft synths. i'll have some fun

Last edited by rubez on Oct-27-2016 at 23:58

Old Post Oct-27-2016 23:50  Scotland
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Many people responding in this thread grew up on hardware and still use it happily alongside our software. These new Roland toys aren't designed for us. They're designed for you, so go ahead and enjoy it. But, don't expect us to tell you how wonderful these shit products are when you ask our opinion.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Oct-28-2016 01:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

But that's the tried and tested rubez way - first ask for opinions, then shit on everyone who doesn't agree. Never ever budge from your position for any reason.

Old Post Oct-28-2016 07:40  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

toys? you just show your snobbish ignorance.

even actual toys can't be used to fantastic effect in music by people who know how to use them (not saying that's me)

it's a hardware VA. no-one is claiming otherwise.

let me guess if it was made in a full metal case, had analogue voices, it would be a real synth? pretty sure in a blind test, you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between this and the synths it is based on. idiot.

Old Post Oct-28-2016 08:53  Scotland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
But that's the tried and tested rubez way - first ask for opinions, then shit on everyone who doesn't agree. Never ever budge from your position for any reason.

And then sell 'the holy grail' 3 weeks later because it turned out those people who'd been using synths for 30 years were right all along.

He confuses experience for bitterness.

Old Post Oct-28-2016 08:54  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

i think you confuse being a jaded cunt for experience

i kept my JDXI, and this has a lot of what made that so excellent. will be keeping it until the 106 plug out appears anyway

Old Post Oct-28-2016 09:21  Scotland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
i think you confuse being a jaded cunt for experience

i kept my JDXI, and this has a lot of what made that so excellent. will be keeping it until the 106 plug out appears anyway

Name calling?

Just shows what an immature dick you really are.

'I know, I'll pull out the jaded card because that's all I have'

Wasn't it you asking on KVR how to learn how to program synths a couple of months back?

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Old Post Oct-28-2016 11:50  United Kingdom

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Roland System-8
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSuper-cool bass heavy house - ID please? [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackArrola - "Dreaming (Original Mix)" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread