Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA DJ MIX - MASTERLIST
Pages (126): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Allen
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
That shouldn't usually be criteria for how your sound is the way it is. You should play what you like. Keep with the times and people will be "demanding" what you play. Let me give you a headsup, trance is dead, we've been saying it on this board (of all places) for years now. So stagnant, FUCK!

Honestly are you for real? What the fuck are you talking about? lol

one more thing, when I went to download said "house mix" the link you posted brought me to your website. No, I'm sorry Chris, I don't want to read about your upcoming gigs, nor about your online interviews. Shameless self-promotion.

I didn't realize there was critera for how you say style in music should move. Trance is dead? Sure, it may be in your mind but when have I ever gave a shit about what you've thought?

Let you give me a heads up? I didn't realize you travelling to Eurupe a few times, going to a few clubs abroad, and playing some small venue's around the area gave you the right and privledge to give me advice. Let me give you some advice: I don't particulaly need your advice or your opinion when I post a mix. Did it say "A mix for Jon Jon"? If you don't like it, don't download it: that's particularly what I did with the last mix you sent around.

Now, as for what I'm talking about regarding the 'trancier' comments, I do apologize if my grammer and collaboration of sentance structure didn't work to your liking. When you can create a sentance without the word "fuck" in it, give me a ring.

The download link now. Yes, it's to my website. If you had such a hard time following the link and clicking on the Download Now button, then I do wonder how you have such time on your hands to post constantly on TA ripping into everyone who you think is below you. Shamless self promotion? Right, like you don't promote every gig you play on TA with your droves in followers coming after you posting right back. I respect talent and class among DJ's on this board: the later of which you have none, the former I have no opinion as I have never heard you play, and also never intend to voluntarily.

However, the almighty Jon Jon of the famed "I have been to Fabric" has spoken, so I'm most likely out of my league. I'll go back to my regularly scheduled program now.

Old Post Aug-05-2006 04:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Allen Click here to Send Chris Allen a Private Message Visit Chris Allen's homepage! Add Chris Allen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigDeep
SleazEaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Dancing*Queen

Karen you naughty girl!

p.s. - jonjon got pw3n3d.

LMAO!

Last edited by DigDeep on Aug-05-2006 at 07:42

Old Post Aug-05-2006 04:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigDeep Click here to Send DigDeep a Private Message Visit DigDeep's homepage! Add DigDeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by [NFC]Wave
The download link now. Yes, it's to my website.

quote:
Originally posted by dEsidEL
Each mix thread must contain a DIRECT mp3/wma file link and not to a general site address ie. www.tranceaddict.com/dj_mix.mp3 NOT www.tranceaddict.com

Dude, it was NOT a personal attack. It's a bit sad/pathetic that your retort consisted mainly of personal mud slinging. To say that your set is based in around what people tell you it should be is incredibly lame. I was just making note of it.

For the record, your grammar and “collaboration” wasn’t the issue. It was your ridiculous twists and variations on how “trancey” but not “trance” your set was. LOL Give me a break.

Chris, quit your crying. It was a valid point. When you post a set in the download thread, don’t make the link the fucking main page of your website. LAME.

quote:
Eurupe

Europe

quote:
sentance

sentence

Last edited by jon jon on Aug-05-2006 at 13:43

Old Post Aug-05-2006 13:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chris Allen
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Dude, it was NOT a personal attack. It's a bit sad/pathetic that your retort consisted mainly of personal mud slinging. To say that your set is based in around what people tell you it should be is incredibly lame. I was just making note of it.

For the record, your grammar and “collaboration” wasn’t the issue. It was your ridiculous twists and variations on how “trancey” but not “trance” your set was. LOL Give me a break.

Chris, quit your crying. It was a valid point. When you post a set in the download thread, don’t make the link the fucking main page of your website. LAME.

Europe

sentence

I never once said the set was based on what people tell me. Maybe you misinterpreted "With the increase of demand into house music these days..." as "I want to play house because everyone thinks it's the shit". However, what I meant was that I am experimenting with new styles and searching for more tracks that enjoyed by all styles. You mentioned earlier to play what you want and eventually they will come to you: exactly. But if you play something that nobody wants to hear, then you are not aren't a DJ. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to play a certain way or type, however you can still retain your own style.

I enjoy some house style tracks (I clearly remember a 'White Horse remix' Karen sent to you, from me, to get your opinion) however I am very picky as I still want it to fit, my style. I'm not just playing house, I'm not just playing trance: if you took care to read the full statement I originally posted, I stated that I will always play the best music and not be genre based. Is it so bad for someone to experiment? I hardly think opening up to new ideas and new styles is as much of a crime as you think.

Also, again, as far as the website is concerned, did it ever occur to you that I am undergoing a web-design change and didn't want to post links that would be broken in the future? I suppose it didn't, or you didn't care to think ahead.

As for the personal attacks: bullshit. Everything you post in my direction is a personal attack. You didn't mention one thing about the mix at all, instead tore up everything I wrote. Stop my crying? I hardly think I am crying, you don't have quite that much effect on me as you may like to think.

I also find this specific post I am writing hypocritical as I don't feel the need to justify myself for what I play, as a lot of other DJ's seem to have to do around here: I play what I enjoy. However, when I'm called out on something I wrote, I feel no harm in explaining myself, for those who did not understand.

And for the record: you don't need to be the spelling police: when was the last time you correctly capitalized an entire sentence: fuck!

Old Post Aug-05-2006 13:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Allen Click here to Send Chris Allen a Private Message Visit Chris Allen's homepage! Add Chris Allen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
I never once said the set was based on what people tell me. Maybe you misinterpreted "With the increase of demand into house music these days..." as "I want to play house because everyone thinks it's the shit".

He would not be the only one thinking that's what you meant.

And yes, there are clear rules in this thread - direct link.

Old Post Aug-05-2006 17:24  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Let you give me a heads up? I didn't realize you travelling to Eurupe a few times, going to a few clubs abroad, and playing some small venue's around the area gave you the right and privledge to give me advice. Let me give you some advice: I don't particulaly need your advice or your opinion when I post a mix. Did it say "A mix for Jon Jon"? If you don't like it, don't download it: that's particularly what I did with the last mix you sent around.

Seriously, get over yourself.

You win fans by being humble and bringing a vibe to a party not by putting other people (DJs like yourself) down. Even if it is in suble ways.

You should download Jon Jon's mix because then you would know "what is in high demand."

Old Post Aug-05-2006 17:28  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
5hiftn6ears
Lone Wolf

the almighty Jon Jon of the famed "I have been to Fabric" > Jon Jon "spelling police"

p.s. nice set Jeff

Old Post Aug-05-2006 23:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for 5hiftn6ears Click here to Send 5hiftn6ears a Private Message Add 5hiftn6ears to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by 5hiftn6ears
p.s. nice set Jeff

Old Post Aug-06-2006 00:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dEsidEL
Fu Man Choonz

quote:

lol.. this better not be ur attempt at having this thread added to ur all time thread closure list

Old Post Aug-06-2006 01:41  Micronesia-Federal State of
Click Here to See the Profile for dEsidEL Click here to Send dEsidEL a Private Message Add dEsidEL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mute79
..:culture vulture:..

[House] Mute & Laki :: BEAT THERAPY - August 2006

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=362600

Old Post Aug-08-2006 18:49  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for mute79 Click here to Send mute79 a Private Message Visit mute79's homepage! Add mute79 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DigDeep
SleazEaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 5hiftn6ears

p.s. nice set Jeff

quote:

thanks guys, glad you liked it

Old Post Aug-10-2006 00:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigDeep Click here to Send DigDeep a Private Message Visit DigDeep's homepage! Add DigDeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by Floorwhore
thanks guys, glad you liked it

sorry I can do better than that now. Great set dude, totally sublime tripped out crunchy (yet soft) "warm to the synths" beats. It's good. The standout track is the Craig David one, killer. And if i had ONE tiny bitch, it was that I didn't feel Cause & Cure fit. It has too much of a "live intrument" feel mixed in with the techy groove you'd been building for the first 40 mins. But seriously, good work.

Old Post Aug-10-2006 00:38  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA DJ MIX - MASTERLIST
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (126): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackdeep/prog house tune ID [2005] [12]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGeorgio Moroder vs Jam & Spoon - The Chase [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread