Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > How to Mix
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by PaULiN0
Yeah she isn't playing warped tunes thats for sure or using the sync button. Basically all she does is press play and move the channel fader at the right times which basically requires no skill at all.

Edit: I know there's other djs on here who use traktor without mixing at all but i do know they can do the real thing live so no offense to them

I'd bet good money the sync button is on. Those are nexus and have the ability to sync.

Old Post Sep-29-2014 15:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
junkproject
Supreme tranceaddict

I hardly called that mixing.

Old Post Sep-29-2014 20:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for junkproject Click here to Send junkproject a Private Message Add junkproject to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
I'd bet good money the sync button is on. Those are nexus and have the ability to sync.

Nope, Only 1 CDJ has a LAN cable connected and it needs to connected to another cdj and act as the source in order to sync. She doesn't need to sync anyway, she doesn't beatmatch at all just phrasing at the right times. Its like she has real good practice with the lazyboy of mixing. CDJ 1 Phrase 1 done, CDJ 2 Phrase 2 start move channel fader up and vice versa is all she does with some newb scratching.

Old Post Sep-30-2014 10:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Nope, Only 1 CDJ has a LAN cable connected and it needs to connected to another cdj and act as the source in order to sync. She doesn't need to sync anyway, she doesn't beatmatch at all just phrasing at the right times. Its like she has real good practice with the lazyboy of mixing. CDJ 1 Phrase 1 done, CDJ 2 Phrase 2 start move channel fader up and vice versa is all she does with some newb scratching.

ummmm first off all the cdjs have LAN cables coming out of them and are probably routed into a hub so all cdjs can link. 3 black cables and 1 yellow.

Old Post Sep-30-2014 17:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
ummmm first off all the cdjs have LAN cables coming out of them and are probably routed into a hub so all cdjs can link. 3 black cables and 1 yellow.

All I can see is 1 yellow LAN cable connected to only one cdj.

Edit: Damn I need to clean my screen, yeah the other cdjs are connected by LAN, you have good vision lol, damn youtube quality.

Last edited by PaULiN0 on Sep-30-2014 at 23:35

Old Post Sep-30-2014 23:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hiram
vrooom!

quote:
I rather have 1210's with dicers than cdjs anyday. The rane 57 is regarded as a top of the line stable and reliable high quality mixer whether your scratching or mixing. The only thing you were right about was the macbook pro

Rane is garbage. Thats why mine crapped out after 2.5 years. cdjs vs TTs personal preference. I also got rid of my 1210s at the same time i got rid of the Rane.

Old Post Oct-01-2014 18:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hiram Click here to Send hiram a Private Message Add hiram to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by Faceplant
Would still hit even with her playing that bullshit in the background

I like your thinking sir.

Old Post Oct-01-2014 19:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

quote:
Originally posted by hiram
Rane is garbage. Thats why mine crapped out after 2.5 years. cdjs vs TTs personal preference. I also got rid of my 1210s at the same time i got rid of the Rane.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way Hiram, I personally don't use rane so I'm pretty much going what basically said by everyone. Rane mixers are not made to break, IMO you're prob 1 in a lot where someones says a unit malfunctions calls it garbage. In my opinion a good mixer would be top choice Allen & Heath but i prefer second to none vestax for its tactile feel.

Old Post Oct-01-2014 20:34  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > How to Mix
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread