Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 180: we've been doing this for almost 4 years.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mebot
Maverick

about to head out to see Binary Finary tonight for a great set of trance classics.

Old Post Oct-06-2018 03:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Quick and dirty fact (story) about Binary finary:

When they binary finary first started out, it was actually 4 guys. They came up with 1998 and instantly knew they had a major anthem on their hands, and sent it to a friend that did A&R for EMI.

EMI immediately wanted to sign it (under positiva), so a meeting was set for a few days time.

The day of the meeting, two of them got a message saying there was no meeting.

Turns out the other two moved the meeting forward by a couple of days and told EMI they were the sole owners of the material and did the deal by themselves and included another friend who didn't have any hand in making 1998.

The other two never got any recognition or money, and Binary Finary became part of dance music history.

[/useless tidbit]

Old Post Oct-06-2018 17:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Speaking of which, Corinthians, the club Ayrton Senna supported has just released a jersey with his signature on it to celebrate 30 years of his first victory ever - in Suzuka, of all places:

As a Corinthians supporter who was a huge Senna fan as a kid, I've already copped one of these

Awesome looking shirt, I bet they will sell well, but I just read it's only available in Brazil .
Suzuka is a real drivers circuit, one of the few in an eight shape and designed by a Dutchman. The drivers every year again enjoy the fantastic Japanese fans, who now are very happy as their Honda engines in the Torro Rosso's did very well in qualifying. Next year in the Red Bull hopefully too for our Max.

I was an early Senna fan, when I was about 10-12 years old, read the shirts are inspired by the Lotus which I thought looked stunning:

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Oct-06-2018 18:44  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Awesome looking shirt, I bet they will sell well, but I just read it's only available in Brazil

You're right, it's currently sold out... And I'll be getting mine this week, w00t!
quote:
Suzuka is a real drivers circuit, one of the few in an eight shape and designed by a Dutchman.

I had no idea! I'm surprised he's also behind the creation of (the original) Hockenheimring circuit in Germany... Or so says Wikipedia.

I seriously wanted to visit Suzuka when I travelled to Japan, but I wasn't sure it would be worth it unless there was an event going on or something
quote:
The drivers every year again enjoy the fantastic Japanese fans, who now are very happy as their Honda engines in the Torro Rosso's did very well in qualifying. Next year in the Red Bull hopefully too for our Max.

Fingers crossed!
quote:
I was an early Senna fan, when I was about 10-12 years old, read the shirts are inspired by the Lotus which I thought looked stunning

I wish I could've seen that at the time! I was too young to remember his Lotus years (I was five when he switched to McLaren), so I missed his black and gold era

Old Post Oct-07-2018 05:47  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Yeah I think he will deliver for sure. I've heard him live quite a few times and he certainly is no slouch.

He was really good for about 90 minutes or so of his set, and then near the end he inexplicably started fucking around with the filters for minutes on end with every tune. Incredibly annoying. After he did it to the fifth track in succession we were all so collectively pissed off that we just jacked it in. The night was nearly over anyway at that point.

Marvin & Guy were really good though. Only one of them was playing. I'm not sure which one, but it was a storming set. Heard quite a lot of tunes I knew, but it's always amazing how much better they sound on a good club system.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-07-2018 11:35  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Christ, it was annoying. The weird thing was, he barely touched the filters for three quarters of his set, and then just went ape shit with them. Never seen anything quite like it from a DJ.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-07-2018 12:14  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Wow wtf. That's disappointing. I wonder if he took something?

Old Post Oct-07-2018 12:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mebot
Maverick

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Quick and dirty fact (story) about Binary finary:

When they binary finary first started out, it was actually 4 guys. They came up with 1998 and instantly knew they had a major anthem on their hands, and sent it to a friend that did A&R for EMI.

EMI immediately wanted to sign it (under positiva), so a meeting was set for a few days time.

The day of the meeting, two of them got a message saying there was no meeting.

Turns out the other two moved the meeting forward by a couple of days and told EMI they were the sole owners of the material and did the deal by themselves and included another friend who didn't have any hand in making 1998.

The other two never got any recognition or money, and Binary Finary became part of dance music history.

[/useless tidbit]

NO SHIT!?? wow that's fucking brutal. never heard that story before.

BTW this was last week and BINARY FINARY was just one person (idk who) but played a lot of mean classics.

This week is Henry Saiz (TONIGHT Thurs 11 Oct 2018)

Tomorrow is Kyau & Albert (Fri 12 Oct 2018)

Old Post Oct-12-2018 05:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mebot
NO SHIT!?? wow that's fucking brutal. never heard that story before.

I knew one of the two that got fucked out of the deal. I thought he was bullshitting until he loaded up the original project files. I he was pissed over the whole thing, I would be too though.

Old Post Oct-12-2018 17:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Representin'!

Old Post Oct-12-2018 18:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 180: we've been doing this for almost 4 years.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID for this one? [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Vibe & Peter Tha Zouk - "Solid Texture" (Main Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread