Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Digital Blonde New Album
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Omnisphere
Supreme tranceaddict

The Digital Blonde New Album

https://www.facebook.com/TheDigital...131309910232211

quote:
Well it’s a matter of weeks before the new digital blonde album NEON Comes out ,a lot of people are sounding confused about what this album is. I’ll explain, I fell in love with synthesizers at about the age of 10 and that still carry’s on , not plugins that pretend to be synthesisers but the real things.

My first experiences hearing these machines where artist like vangelis jarre laserdance koto the mobiles and more or less anything where the synths stood out. My big love was synthwave and new beat from Belgium ..

I dident have many freinds at school because I never really went out I was the sado that stayed at home playing with keyboards and drum machines. I don’t earn any money at all from all the tracks I’ve produced over the years. I’m actually a council worker that tarmacs roads on a minimal wage. My witches album was a lot of hard work and people even calling it the best album of 2018 but still got me me no further in my musical career and dident even earn me enough to buy a synth. So I’ve gone a bit selfish with neon and wrote stuff that takes me back to when music times were good and the word synthesiser actually meant something I’m fed up with trying to keep up with heartless transparent shit that is the music called trance now.

Even the big djs that are so called true to the scene are playing places like asot and Tomorrowland and all these pop concert places ( its bollox ) So neon will be the ultimate stand and statement for me but the ultimate marmite album for you blonde fans You will love it or hate it 80s It is dark blonde with an 80s synthwave edge. Because I love real synths and I love real electronic music. And I will stay a council tarmacker forever if I have to. But will never start making the crap that’s killed the scene dead or play at a huge fake disco that is a so called trance party. The digital blonde

Last edited by Omnisphere on Jun-01-2018 at 20:20

Old Post Jun-01-2018 20:14  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Omnisphere Click here to Send Omnisphere a Private Message Add Omnisphere to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I like it when Ricky speaks out like that, not taking any shit & not listening to what others might think he should do as an artist.
A bit shocking to find he doesn't earn a penny from what he's been releasing over the years, but perhaps that's my lack of knowledge of the business. It doesn't cost much these days to make digital releases available at the usual online outlets but it earns your artists fuck all even when it's J00F Rec.?

Nice to see NEON will still be released on J00F as it says J00F on the cover image on Ricky's FB. I am curious.

Old Post Jun-04-2018 11:00  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

No point of putting others down to better yourself. With all due respect, everyone knows if you wish to make money out of this business you have to re-invent yourself and play live as much as you can; you have to hustle and be a pig to grind. It sucks that producing underground music doesnt yield money but at the same time its nice because you stick around because you love it.

Old Post Jun-04-2018 19:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I'd say it's actually easier than ever to make a living out of EXTREMLY niche music these days (since the scene is so fragmented and there is an audience for everything through the internet) but you HAVE to gig.

Old Post Jun-05-2018 14:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The Digital Blonde does gig, but his sound is so firmly in the J00F niche that he's not going to fit on many line ups. He doesn't really fit in either the psy scene or modern trance. From what I've heard, he's not one for the music industry game of networking and self-promoting either.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-05-2018 14:35  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
I'd say it's actually easier than ever to make a living out of EXTREMLY niche music these days (since the scene is so fragmented and there is an audience for everything through the internet) but you HAVE to gig.

Isn't that kind os a self defeating argument? Gigging is the toughest part of the industry /job (and all it entails; securing the gig, dealing with managers, agents and promoters, travel, promoting the gigs etc) so if that's the only way to make money from niche music, then it's kinda the hardest.

Just making niche music earns you exact $fuckall these days, whereas you could last make a few hundred a release back in the old days of vinyl or maybe a few hundred/couple of thousand per remix up front.

Last edited by DJ RANN on Jun-05-2018 at 23:07

Old Post Jun-05-2018 19:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Light The Fuse
Training Tranceaddicts

Its a brilliant epic fkn rant.

I hope the album is good & more importantly different to standard Digi Blonde.

Old Post Jun-06-2018 07:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Light The Fuse Click here to Send Light The Fuse a Private Message Add Light The Fuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

It's kinda crazy that this guy makes objectively GOOD and unique Trance\Electronic music, yet it's somehow not good enough for him to be successful because people prefer Trance that is objectively BAD\Boring.

I see the attention\success that boring Trance producers get and it's really mind boggling.

Look at this party he played, fucking depressing...like performing at a bar mitzva party

Morons show their wisdom in the comments:

Old Post Jun-10-2018 10:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Viber Click here to Send Viber a Private Message Add Viber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Viber
It's kinda crazy that this guy makes objectively GOOD and unique Trance\Electronic music, yet it's somehow not good enough for him to be successful because people prefer Trance that is objectively BAD\Boring.

I see the attention\success that boring Trance producers get and it's really mind boggling.

Look at this party he played, fucking depressing...like performing at a bar mitzva party

The current crowd wants to hear aggressive bad and noisy stuff. My friends from High School seem to love Above & Beyond because they said it is harder lol and more energetic. People can be so rude on the internet. I think people were expecting to hear that euphoric trance sound from the likes of space brothers, liquid and 4 strings etc etc which is not the DB sound.

Anyway, I noticed that JOOF got a lot more crowd numbers in this set below which is a shame that known producers get far more attention. It seems to be harder to breakthrough for guys who have had to adapt to the changes.

Old Post Jun-10-2018 11:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Isn't that kind os a self defeating argument? Gigging is the toughest part of the industry /job (and all it entails; securing the gig, dealing with managers, agents and promoters, travel, promoting the gigs etc) so if that's the only way to make money from niche music, then it's kinda the hardest.

Just making niche music earns you exact $fuckall these days, whereas you could last make a few hundred a release back in the old days of vinyl or maybe a few hundred/couple of thousand per remix up front.

Maybe "easy" was the wrong word but what I wanted to say is that way more people than ever before earn a fulltime living off niche music now. You have people touring fulltime now that made seriously weird and obscure records back in the day that nobody paid attention to. There is a Syrian wedding singer (Omar Souleyman) that is toruing major european dance music festivals now.

The problem with trance of course is that it's fairly insular, a lot of festival that try to appeal with credible bookings aren't going to have a trance stage.

Old Post Jun-10-2018 11:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

Also this set is very good. Especially, the track at 27 mins

racklist:
01. 21street - Endless Space
02. Airwave - A Touch Of Grace (Deep And Dark Mix) [BONZAI PROG ]
03. The Digital Blonde - Noc2one (Midnight Mix) [JOOF ]
04. ID - ID
05. The Digital Blonde - Rainsong
06. Alex Di Stefano - Kidnap Your Soul [JOOF ]
07. LowKey & Kardinal - Bells Angels [ANALYTIC TRAIL ]
08. John 00 Fleming - Tik Tok (Part 1) [JOOF ]
09. Jam & Spoon - Follow Me (Relaunch Remix Main Version)
10. Gordey Tsukanov - Minotaur [SATURATE AUDIO ]
11. The Digital Blonde - Hymm

Old Post Jun-10-2018 11:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omnisphere
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Viber

When you put profits ahead of quality.Too many dumbfucks on this planet.

Last edited by Omnisphere on Jun-11-2018 at 09:20

Old Post Jun-11-2018 09:13  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Omnisphere Click here to Send Omnisphere a Private Message Add Omnisphere to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Digital Blonde New Album
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAcid Trance/House track - House Party Channel 4 [2012] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPhilippe Van Mullem - Sugar of Life (Club Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread