Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

more techno less tech house !

Old Post Aug-07-2014 01:50  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smuncky
Architect

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
I also think Solomun would be cool for the island.

that and Osunlade.

"The best car-related innovation we have is not to improve the car, but eliminate the need to drive it everywhere we go.” -Alex Steffen

Old Post Aug-07-2014 02:05  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for smuncky Click here to Send smuncky a Private Message Visit smuncky's homepage! Add smuncky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Imagine someone like Robert Hood at an event like EI? He would get people going CRAAAAZY.

This at EI,

Game over.

Ben Sims
Robert Hood
Someone like Benjamin Damage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23m6-aaibuY) to get things going for the techno guys
Locals

That would be a massive fucking party lol

Old Post Aug-07-2014 02:09 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

^ eh why not just make it berghain on the beach or an ostgut showcase, robert hood @ tattoo is going to be dope though. still the highlights of ei this summer for me was when 1. sven vath dropped PAS future modular and 2. sven vath dropped len faki - octopus.

Old Post Aug-07-2014 03:08  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Well yea not all hard techno all day, the residents have some nice tracks they could pull out for the occasion, plus who ever plays at panorama

Old Post Aug-07-2014 04:26  Norfolk Island
kotsy

If they can afford Sven, they can afford pretty much anyone that isn't an EDM cheese superstar (tiesto, guetta etc).

Bring on Carl Cox ffs

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Aug-07-2014 04:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
Wow, so they DID announce it last second, even though though they clearly knew about it beforehand. I know artists do cancel, but it's usually not TOO much of a problem if there's a lot of artists already on the bill.

im not sure if they announced before 830 but i know at 830 they did... but come to think of it there is no way they would announce it earlier, the event had bad weather and not to many heads were showing up so im pretty sure they wouldnt... i wonder who played the after party?

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
more techno less tech house !

more deep house less tech house lol

Any more Review guys from this weekend?

did anybody find anything on the floor at downsview park and ingest it lol

Old Post Aug-07-2014 17:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

one can only dance to low and slow for so long :P

drumcell tomorrow at 120, anyone else going ? should have a review if I'm not too frazzled afterwards

Old Post Aug-08-2014 01:55  Norfolk Island
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Exclamation

drumcell @ 120

venue : tiny dance floor, layout is kinda weird. reminds me of a labyrinth of some sort. staff were very nice including security. capacity said 200 on RA, dance floor could very well be only 50 or less hahaha.

crowd : saw a few familiar faces. the people i spoke to were pretty nice, most of the crowd was there to dance

music: slamming set, not much else to say. made me dance like a madman. my second favourite set of the year. techno fix reached for time being

Old Post Aug-09-2014 18:54  Norfolk Island
Jimbo87
Junior tranceaddict

Went to Drumcell at 120 last night. Interesting place, I enjoyed the layout more than I thought I would. Music was on point. Drumcell definitely delivered a good techno beat down. I like how they kept the lighting to a minimum. Small dance floor but the crowd was definitely enjoying themselves. Overall, great night! Looking forward to more of these!

Old Post Aug-09-2014 19:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbo87 Click here to Send Jimbo87 a Private Message Add Jimbo87 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Yeah it was mad dark on the dance floor , didn't mind it at all. Would have loved to hear more techno acts in bigger venues in the future. Only complaint was the 45$ cab ride back split only 2 ways.

More quality bookings too please !

Old Post Aug-09-2014 21:51  Norfolk Island
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Corona Sunsets on Saturday:

I have read some complaints on the event page, but personally I have no issues with the way this party was run. I thought it was really well organized, although it'd be interesting to see if there would be any difference if the weather was nice and it was packed. I liked the drink tickets idea - made for smooth lines and (for me) better moderation of drinking, lol. But again, easy to say given the low attendance.

The sound was a million times better than at any of the Electric Island parties. Crisp and clear all around, and nice deep + warm undistorted low end. I guess that's what corporate money gets you! It was humpalicious, let me tell you.

Lots of bathrooms (port a potties), separated for men and women, with hand washing stations. Only shitty thing was that they were so far away from the beach stage once you were there, but eh, can't really complain about that.

The stage set ups were really cool, especially the griffin stage. Really neat lighting.

Pretty much only caught all of Wolf + Lamb, a bit of Cajmere, and all of Thievery Corporation. All were excellent, unsurprisingly. Just perfect. Arrived shortly after 6 and apparently missed a massive downpour which is good, but missed No Regular Play who I really wanted to hear. Heard they had live instruments and stuff. :/

Now for the lame points:

The fucking guy MCing or whatever the fuck over the music. Shut the fuck up dude, Jesus. Moby was absolute garbage. As described by Margs, "Super hyper YOLO shit." That is exactly what it was. So glad for having heard proper Moby years ago in Detroit. This was a far cry from that, it was embarrassing. How can a guy wearing a Black Flag tshirt play such embarrassing cheese?? Ugh. Poor Moby.

Lee Foss and his douchey attention whore singer (who I heard was a total mess at Toika, too) also put on a super contrived and embarrassing performance. The whole thing was just so gimmicky, and I honestly was prepared to like it a lot, but nope.

The only good thing about Lee Foss and Moby's sets was when the sounds of the two stages would blend together as you walked between the Griffin and Beach stages, hahaha.

I also read complaints about the female searches, and I wonder if maybe the people complaining about it are blowing it out of proportion? Yeah, the guard definitely put her fingers inside the wire of my bra cup (over my t shirt) - but I actually think that's pretty smart. I have definitely smuggled joints into concerts for years by stuffing them in that exact part of my bra. Anyhow, people are saying crap like "She went UP MY DRESS AND FELT MY BOOBS!" really? Come on. The guard certainly wasn't rude about it, not to me at any rate.

There were complaints about the atms running out of cash too - but I'm not even going to touch that one. Morons.

Over all this party was really fun. The crappy weather actually seemed to weed out a lot of the filler type folks, which is fine with me (we were allowed to bring our umbrellas in, btw). Great crowd, awesome vibes, and mostly killer tunes. 7/10.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Aug-18-2014 at 17:34

Old Post Aug-18-2014 17:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease help me with this OldSchool! [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTechnique - "Sun Is Shining" (Brothers In Rhythm Magoo Dub) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread