Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA > Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

I liked it when they mixed in some rap/hip hop in there (3 an hour)...in fact that was the format when I began listening to it early 1998. It was in late 2002 with the death of the beat (I think it was "level" or something like that) that they put in more rap. Wild 104 was half techno, half rap, and then they went to Drink Houston which was mostly rap, some techno. Now they have, what, bikini beach or whatever which is basically ALL rap. you can see the trend clearly here

Old Post Mar-28-2007 18:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mz734 Click here to Send mz734 a Private Message Add mz734 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Yeah you are right, the 3 songs an hour weren't bad, I remember listening in 2005 probably the last time I ever have listened and they were playing all rap and no electronic music. The beat was dead when Mark D took a upper level job at a Music Production company, and up until now I didn't know he was dj'ing anymore. I have to admit the mix he has up to download now, isn't too good if you ask me, too much vocal house, what did you think of the mix mz734? I liked the first one with the GNR remix but not this one so much, but I am happy he is putting up his mixes for download.

Old Post Mar-28-2007 18:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kaos1972 Click here to Send kaos1972 a Private Message Add kaos1972 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

I didn't really like it either. Not my style of techno music...I'd wish he'd go back to mixing the type of stuff that got him so many fans back at the turn of the century.

Club 977 plays some great techno on Friday and Saturday nights (www.club977hitz.com) but due to the new music law they're probably going to be forced off the air

Old Post Mar-28-2007 19:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mz734 Click here to Send mz734 a Private Message Add mz734 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
The beat was dead when Mark D took a upper level job at a Music Production company

Ah...I'm guessing that was the Hydrogen Lab. That's what that was all about.

Old Post Mar-28-2007 19:50  United States
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Did they pass the law to shut down internet radio, I signed the petition but haven't heard anything about it. DJ Brandre.com also has some pretty good mixes, although his dj mixing is off in places, doesn't mix very smooth, good song selection though.

Old Post Mar-28-2007 19:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kaos1972 Click here to Send kaos1972 a Private Message Add kaos1972 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

No I remember the webpage, it was a big corporation he was doing work for, the hydrogen lab is his studio. I am not exactly sure but if you listen to the beginning of the beat cd's I think that is either Scott Sparks or Ryan Chase doing the voice over.

Old Post Mar-28-2007 20:02  United States
Richs-Houston
tranceaddict in training

About DJ Mark D

He is spinning every Saturday night at Rich's in Houston,TX now. Starting in May he is going to have all his BEAT CD's sold on RichsHouston.com. He is going to be spinning along with DJ Irene this saturday march 31 and with Ferry Corsten on April 18. Come check it out.

Old Post Mar-28-2007 20:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Richs-Houston Click here to Send Richs-Houston a Private Message Add Richs-Houston to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Starting in May he is going to have all his BEAT CD's sold on RichsHouston.com.

Awesome! Even the retro CD or some of the stuff that wasn't released at the time?

wow, that's really good news. You bet I'm going to grab them

Old Post Mar-28-2007 20:18  United States
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Richs-Houston (About DJ Mark D),

There is just 6 total "Beat" cd's right? The only one I don't have is the "Retro" one. Also is some of his older mixes available for download, the ones he posts to richshouston.com. I would love to get a hold to some more of those mixes. Thanks.

Last edited by kaos1972 on Mar-28-2007 at 20:35

Old Post Mar-28-2007 20:26  United States
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

I've saved all but two of his mixes since January (one of them is this week's mix...I've decided not to keep this one either).

I'd really like to say thank you, though, for putting up Mark D's mixes up every week. It's really nice to be able to to grab 'em and listen to 'em like that, from anywhere (not just in Houston).

This is a rather far-fetched request but how about some of the "old" old mixes? Like the mixes from Wild 104 in 2003...or better yet, some of the Beat mixes? I know many other folks besides myself that really would like to hear some of those old beat songs that didn't quite make it onto the cds.

Old Post Mar-28-2007 21:31  United States
system9
Supreme tranceaddict

yeah hip hop is what eventually killed the roxy and any chances of hearing some electronica on the airwaves.

"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest." - Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar-29-2007 14:40  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for system9 Click here to Send system9 a Private Message Visit system9's homepage! Add system9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Yeah KRBE needs another "The Beat" for its friday and saturday late night broadcast. I found another good site for mix downloads,it is trance/progressive trance/progressive house, http://www.zaimc.com/

Old Post Mar-29-2007 17:22  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA > Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHmm, new ding-a-ling remix? [2002] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDynamic Intervention - "I'm Da Man" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread