Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > [DD] TrancEaddicts Unite Chapter 3 - The Stars of Tomorrow
Pages (13): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ-Kreing^^
Syncope

I could host the mix if the ftp closes...

Oh and btw, my favourite tune in the mix was actually Echano - imagine!

"The world is not beautiful. And that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty."

--=My Music=--

Old Post Oct-05-2003 10:47  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ-Kreing^^ Click here to Send DJ-Kreing^^ a Private Message Add DJ-Kreing^^ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
noikeee
dubstep convert

Echano - Imagine (2003 Remake): nice track for the intro, great melodies, sets up the mood perfectly
Al Azar - Symphony in Blue: amazing melodies, one of my favorites, candidate for best tune in the mix
Groove Merchant - The Tall Tale Suicides : dirty and dark, deep bassline, just how i like it awesome track, it should be a bit longer in the mix. one of my favs.
Eduardo Rada - Azul Profundo: good track, but gets easily forgotten compared to others in the mix
Virii - Origin: reminds a bit of Tony Walker - Fields of Joy. Great production.
Escape N2 Trance - Mecca: a bit more 'obvious' than most tracks, but great production skills. the main lead is so clear
Bren-F - Diamond Dust: The intro lead is wicked, then turns into a typical track. Not bad at all, but doesn't stand from other tracks. Like the slightly dark feel of it.
John O'Callaghan - Foreign Dilusions: Very good, but doesn't stand-out neither.
Costa del Sol - Aloha: totally surprised by this one! damn great track. apart from some weird key changes and a couple amateurish factors, it's one of the most original tracks.
Endre - Novelty Pioneers: very good production, it only seems it could have been a bit catchier.
Elude - Purgatory: gotta love the energy on this track, surely one of the highlights! the melody just feels it's a bit too.. high/happy in places
Sean Walsh - Celerity 17 (SW Remix): good track, but again doesn't stand-out compared to some others. seemed to be something wrong with the synth in the breakdown
George Kendall - Untitled (OrgaNik Rework): great production, but becomes another filler in the mix
Cosmic Tracer - Hyperbolic: again not bad at all, it's just placed in a point the listener gets a little bit too tired of epic/uplifting
Icone - Astra (Original Epic Mix): energetic and overall pretty professional production.
Solar Project - Mind in Motion: it somewhat has a different feeling from the other tracks. again very energetic stuff - i like this one.
Pjotr G - Close: I love the style of this guy's music - very techy and some really original elements. However it kinda feels like there's something wrong with the mastering. Without that factor, it would've been clearly one of the best tunes.
White Sun - Ketoprofen: again nice and energetic but doesn't stand out.
Haak - Frenzy (MK-S Remix): no wonder Armin picked this, it has power from the start to the end. Only complaint is that it could have a little bit more variations in the melody. Apart from that, it's a killer and one of the best in the mix - if not the best.
Emota - High Tides (OrgaNik Rework): another quality uplifter with loads of power and emotion - very nice
Fatboy - Rebound: Quality classical epic tune. I'm not a big fan of this style, but this is definitely a killer.

the mix itself: Overall it's a quality mix made from amateur producers that doesn't sound amateur at all. Only small complaints are the fact it gets a bit boring with anthem after anthem after anthem, but that results from the set of tunes that were submitted, there was no way to escape from it. Also, there are two or three tracks that sound a little bit lower in volume than the others - it could have been from the mastering in the tracks itself though. Keep up the good work guys, this is the proof there are lots of talent to be discovered by the big trance labels - most of the tracks in this mix are better than the many professional releases out there.

Old Post Oct-05-2003 11:52  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for noikeee Click here to Send noikeee a Private Message Visit noikeee's homepage! Add noikeee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
Also, there are two or three tracks that sound a little bit lower in volume than the others - it could have been from the mastering in the tracks itself though.

Yeah, people use so different mastering techniques that it was impossible to get the sound levels equal on all the tracks. Most tracks were recorded at -2.0dB but for example the Groove Merchant track is at about -6dB and it still sounds louder than most other tracks.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to write a mini-review on every one of the tracks. I really do appreciate it (and I'm sure the artists do too)

Old Post Oct-06-2003 07:45  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Pjotr G
Mindcrawler

aye! appreciated!

Old Post Oct-06-2003 07:51  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Pjotr G Click here to Send Pjotr G a Private Message Visit Pjotr G's homepage! Add Pjotr G to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sirocco
Parametric Surgeon

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Yeah, people use so different mastering techniques that it was impossible to get the sound levels equal on all the tracks. Most tracks were recorded at -2.0dB but for example the Groove Merchant track is at about -6dB and it still sounds louder than most other tracks.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to write a mini-review on every one of the tracks. I really do appreciate it (and I'm sure the artists do too)

aye thats all that mastering and compression ;p

Top 5:
1. R-Tem - Voiceless
2. New Order - Jetstream (Tom Neville Remix)
3. Pillow One - Ministry Of Love
4. Pulser - Point of Impact (Mike Koglin Remix)
5. Armin Van Buuren - Shivers (Christian Webber Mix)

Old Post Oct-07-2003 19:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sirocco Click here to Send Sirocco a Private Message Visit Sirocco's homepage! Add Sirocco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Metronome
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
the mix itself: Overall it's a quality mix made from amateur producers that doesn't sound amateur at all. Only small complaints are the fact it gets a bit boring with anthem after anthem after anthem, but that results from the set of tunes that were submitted, there was no way to escape from it. Also, there are two or three tracks that sound a little bit lower in volume than the others - it could have been from the mastering in the tracks itself though. Keep up the good work guys, this is the proof there are lots of talent to be discovered by the big trance labels - most of the tracks in this mix are better than the many professional releases out there.

Wow thanx so much for the comments on the tracks! I, myself specially found mine to indeed be a little out of "concept" with the rest of the mix and indeed, lower volume. Congrats again to everyone that participated in this project, we really have talent here in TA.

"To say yes to one instant... is to say yes to all of Existence"

Old Post Oct-07-2003 21:22  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for Metronome Click here to Send Metronome a Private Message Add Metronome to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sean Walsh
JAGERMAESTRO

Nice review =)

Old Post Oct-08-2003 19:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Walsh Click here to Send Sean Walsh a Private Message Add Sean Walsh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
John
In Praise Of The Sun

ive downlaoded the mix..ill unzip later when ive got some of my hd cleaned up..its too full:S
will commment later

john

ta-forum-members midi site

Old Post Oct-08-2003 19:55  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for John Click here to Send John a Private Message Visit John's homepage! Add John to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Streakfury
Angrily Running Naked

Great review!! I'm downing as I type. The last tranceaddicts Unite was class, cant wait for this. How come it isnt in the main downloads section??

Old Post Oct-09-2003 18:23  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Streakfury Click here to Send Streakfury a Private Message Visit Streakfury's homepage! Add Streakfury to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
J.L.
Never gonna give you up.

Re: good mix, but...

quote:
Originally posted by Synthica
Good mix indeed, but I miss these catchy melodies that go in the ears. After listening to the mix I didn't remember any melody or track from the mix.

My favourites are still chapter one and two, cause I love these simple catchy melodies. I think, chapter three has a very good athmosphere, but my tip for the next chapter: more chatchy melodies!

I think you have a good point there. I thought all the tracks were excellent and very well produced EXCEPT most of them were all the same style.

It would have been nice if we gotten some more different and more unique sounding track... My favourite was TA unite 2, because it had a lot more unique and tracks that stood out such as Haak-Frenzy, echano-tranquility as well as some darker sounding tracks...

I'm not criticizing anyone or anything, but everyone wanted to submit tracks that were of same or similar style and sound which resulted in the mix not progressing too much but rather just kinda sitting in one spot (sometimes you wouldn't even notice a track changing unless you paid close attention to it)

But all in all, I still loved TA unite 3 a lot and everything sounded top-notch and quality.. Would love to be in the next one again as I missed out on the third one cuz i had absolutely nothing (good) to submit...

Cheers, and once again... Good job every1

Old Post Oct-10-2003 06:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for J.L. Click here to Send J.L. a Private Message Add J.L. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Re: Re: good mix, but...

quote:
Originally posted by kewlness
I think you have a good point there. I thought all the tracks were excellent and very well produced EXCEPT most of them were all the same style.

It would have been nice if we gotten some more different and more unique sounding track... My favourite was TA unite 2, because it had a lot more unique and tracks that stood out such as Haak-Frenzy, echano-tranquility as well as some darker sounding tracks...

Uh... I can only disagree with that.
There's chillout, prog, breaks, trance and techno in that set... and you think they all sound the same? This time the entries were far more diverse than in Unite 2, not to mention the improvement on everyone's production skills...

Old Post Oct-10-2003 08:30  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dbl
Whitesun

Re: Re: Re: good mix, but...

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Uh... I can only disagree with that.
There's chillout, prog, breaks, trance and techno in that set... and you think they all sound the same? This time the entries were far more diverse than in Unite 2, not to mention the improvement on everyone's production skills...

i agree.. we have all sort of style's here.... don't think it sounds the same at all

Old Post Oct-10-2003 10:31  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for dbl Click here to Send dbl a Private Message Visit dbl's homepage! Add dbl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > [DD] TrancEaddicts Unite Chapter 3 - The Stars of Tomorrow
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (13): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAn Electro Track To Identify. NEED HELP! [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWilliam Orbit - "Barber's Adagio for Strings" (Ferry Corsten Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread