Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Prometheus, epic stuff
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
netroM

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Oh well, that makes perfect sense then.

In the mind of an android? Maybe it did.
If there's one thing we've learned from the Alien movies it's to never trust androids.

I'm not saying this was a great movie, I'm just saying it wasn't bad either.

Old Post Jun-28-2012 10:29  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for netroM Click here to Send netroM a Private Message Add netroM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by netroM
In the mind of an android? Maybe it did.
If there's one thing we've learned from the Alien movies it's to never trust androids.

No. Just no. None of the androids in the Alien movies act illogically. Ash acts homocidally, but he is specifically programmed with the command that his crew is expendable. He is merely carrying out company orders. Bishop, on the other hand, is completely trust-worthy. Androids are robots. Of all the characters in the film, David's mind should be the most logical one. Him being an android does not give him carte blanche to commit plot-convenient non-sequiturs. Quite the opposite. I'm pretty sure testing would have noticed a bug in his program like "Has a predilection for poisoning co-workers for no apparent reason". You cannot accept ludicrously dangerous and stupid actions by a character just because some android tried to kill Ripley that one time.

And I'm saying this film is dogshit.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-28-2012 10:43  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

And I'm saying this film is dogshit.

At least it had Charlize Theron.

Old Post Jun-28-2012 12:38  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I hope in the next one they don't rip up the android just to mix it up a bit.

Old Post Jun-29-2012 02:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kadomony
FRENCH EXPRESS

Old Post Sep-28-2012 09:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kadomony Click here to Send kadomony a Private Message Visit kadomony's homepage! Add kadomony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stren
Strenowski

quote:
Originally posted by kadomony

insignificant cor member alliance

Old Post Sep-28-2012 11:32  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for stren Click here to Send stren a Private Message Visit stren's homepage! Add stren to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

I liked Prometheus. It was not amazing, but if I can rank it among the somewhat associated franchise, it was better than Alien Resurrection, but not as good as Alien 3. Well, maybe better than the Alien 3 theatrical cut, but the Alien 3 Director's Cut is seriously excellent.

The only part that put a shim in my head was toward the end when the Engineer's Ship had begun to take off, allegedly to go wipe out Earth (why, really? I can buy it, they just didn't sell me the idea that it was worth the effort), and lady scientist told the remaining crewmembers they had to stop it, etc. So Vickers jumped ship (ok), and the other guys were like OK LETS BELIEVE HER DESPITE NO BUILDUP OF EVIDENCE and then they killed themselves. I buy that it was necessary, I just did not believe in the slightest that they were human beings capable of rational thought by not questioning it for a moment, and all we're offered in compensation for this monumental suspension of disbelief are a few cavalier lines about how they can square away bets on "the other side". I salute you, final beads upon the string of absolute nitwits they hired for a supposed trillion-dollar scientific mission!

Old Post Sep-28-2012 15:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stren
Strenowski

I liked the movie too, despite all the plot holes

Old Post Sep-28-2012 15:19  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for stren Click here to Send stren a Private Message Visit stren's homepage! Add stren to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

i was pretty excited for this movie because the trailers made it look so epic, but ultimately i thought it was a bit of a let down. it was just kind of an average sci fi movie.

Old Post Sep-29-2012 00:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BTG
Ez skinz ez lyfe

I watched it last night. Although I really liked it, i felt the ending (after the ship blows up) was rushed through. The movie could have been another hour long..but instead they tied it up in like 20 minutes.

meh. and the alien at the end was a bit lame..but i can live with it.

Old Post Sep-29-2012 00:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for BTG Click here to Send BTG a Private Message Visit BTG's homepage! Add BTG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stren
Strenowski

quote:
Originally posted by Floorfiller
i was pretty excited for this movie because the trailers made it look so epic, but ultimately i thought it was a bit of a let down. it was just kind of an average sci fi movie.

that's why I avoid trailers. Also, long time no see

Old Post Sep-29-2012 07:53  Poland
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by stren
that's why I avoid trailers.

+1 to that

Old Post Sep-29-2012 08:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Prometheus, epic stuff
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback5 HardTrance ID tracks (track1) [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSaints & Sinners - Pushin too hard (Futureshock's confession) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread