Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > European Politics Thread: Netherlands, France, Germany, Great Britain, and Narnia 2017
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
You're dumber than a bag of hammers, aren't you?

quote:
GroenLinks
Our country depends too much on fossil fuels such as gas, coal and oil. The burning of this contributes to the global warming. We choose a country that runs on solar and wind energy. Of course no coal plants.

As GroenLinks of course also is against nuclear power they will bring us back to the middle ages for sure. Keep dreaming.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on Mar-17-2017 at 20:36

Old Post Mar-17-2017 20:28  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Yeah, that's great; you still haven't proven that green energy is impossible to achieve.

And as I said before, obviously GroenLinks in power would be a bad thing. I'm not on their side. My family is very much CDA

Last edited by Lews on Mar-17-2017 at 22:00

Old Post Mar-17-2017 21:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Yeah, that's great; you still haven't proven that green energy is impossible to achieve.

And as I said before, obviously GroenLinks in power would be a bad thing. I'm not on their side. My family is very much CDA

How good is your Dutch?
Hope Chrome translate maybe does a half decent job: http://climategate.nl/2017/02/24/gr...neetverwoester/

Translated one of the comments:

Amalia wind farm provides as much energy throughout the year as a fossil plant of 48MW.
The Eemshaven (coal) central produces 1560 MW demand-driven so you therefore just can deliver as much as 300 Amalia wind farms that also deliver additional weather-dependent flow. Again a lie that with wind and sun can keep going on our energy supply.
Literally frenzy policy drawn up based on dreams and ultimately ending in a dull nightmare.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Last edited by Trance-M on Mar-17-2017 at 22:21

Old Post Mar-17-2017 22:06  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

We're not yet at the stage where we can completely replace dirty energy sources with green ones, but you are fucking stupid and negligent if you think that means we shouldn't even bother trying to start the transition. Your country will be right at the top of the Fucked List when the sea-levels start rising, and it will be within your children's lifetimes. Chew on that next time you're driving them to football training.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Mar-17-2017 23:40  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
On that scale yes. It's about equity. This is why capitalism is linear and doomed from the beginning. Just reason with me. There is a demand for affordable food, you as an entrepreneur have the ability to provide the supply and make a handsome profit but with detrimental costs to the environment, its rosources, and your customer's healths, and there is no legislation to impede you. Society is at this point held ransom to your better angels.

society holds itself to ransom with its wants.

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
It has everything to do with what you asked. The coal mine is deseving of the green tape because its priorities are monetary, if it was publicly funded it would be cyclic. We pay for this energy that we make use of directly without the middle man getting rich off of us.

huh? people's consumption habits don't change by whether the grid is publically or privately owned, except if there's a marked difference in price. and, if you removed the profit-motive from energy generation, there's a good chance you could provide lower prices to the regular people. which in turn would increase energy usage and co2 production. or, the government could keep prices artificially high in order to keep a lid on consumption, and the end user would be in the same position they were in under the capitalists; essentially showing that they are just as deserving of green tape as the owners of capital.

Old Post Mar-18-2017 03:26  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
and, if you removed the profit-motive from energy generation, there's a good chance you could provide lower prices to the regular people. which in turn would increase energy usage and co2 production.

This is actually a really good point. In the summer, I run my A/C as sparingly as possibly because it's fucking expensive. If elec prices were cheaper, I would almost certainly run that fucker a lot more than I do.

Old Post Mar-18-2017 03:55  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
This is actually a really good point. In the summer, I run my A/C as sparingly as possibly because it's fucking expensive. If elec prices were cheaper, I would almost certainly run that fucker a lot more than I do.

if i were living in QLD i would subsist on bread and water to afford constant 24/7 AC. even if it meant that a handful of island nations ended up under the sea. sorry guys, first world problems are real.

Old Post Mar-18-2017 04:16  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

I paid my elec bill a couple of weeks ago. Just over $900 for the summer quarter

Old Post Mar-18-2017 04:40  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
I paid my elec bill a couple of weeks ago. Just over $900 for the summer quarter

fuck! im about $1200/year. about time all your feathered visitors started paying board, mate!

Old Post Mar-18-2017 04:43  Australia
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
fuck! im about $1200/year. about time all your feathered visitors started paying board, mate!

Shit, that's not bad! You'd have gas heating down there for the winter though, huh?

Old Post Mar-18-2017 04:54  Australia
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

quote:
Shit, that's not bad! You'd have gas heating down there for the winter though, huh?

it's more that im a jew who will put socks or a jumper on instead of using the heater plus my place is really small.

Old Post Mar-18-2017 05:10  Australia
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Old Post Mar-18-2017 05:15  Australia

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > European Politics Thread: Netherlands, France, Germany, Great Britain, and Narnia 2017
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from DJ Jean VideoClip (id-t) [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackArgonaut - Your Body Is A Temple [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread