Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > what is your all-time most epic night at Footwork? (the FW 7 Year Anniv thread)
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DigDeep
SleazEaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
lol omg jeff bahah note the cn tower behind danny in that flyer

Last edited by DigDeep on May-14-2012 at 23:39

Old Post May-14-2012 23:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DigDeep Click here to Send DigDeep a Private Message Visit DigDeep's homepage! Add DigDeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

quote:
Originally posted by DigDeep

Old Post May-14-2012 23:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but

- Lee Burridge November 2008
- Robag Wrumhe & Seth Troxler
- Roaches vs. Junkies August 2010
- Derrick May January 2009
- Danny Howells Oct 2008
- Jaxx House or some other tribal night - Summer, 2009

I know there are more, but I'll have to think about it more. It's at times like these where I wish I kept my list of parties attended list.

I have a feeling that Dave Clarke has the potential to be up there as well.

Old Post May-14-2012 23:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

Lol at Jeff's post

Old Post May-14-2012 23:39  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
i.ron.e
tranceaddict

My all time epic night at Footwork is every time we play there, it is my absolute favourite place to play. Closing the New Years party, playing on the same show as Oliver Huntemann and opening for our favourite locals was unforgettable. It is an honour to be apart of the 7th year anniversary weekend!

There is something special about Footwork, they make you feel like a family and care about what the people want. I can honestly say every time I have gone there it's be an amazing time.

Nights that stick out to me.

Carlo Lio March 12th, 7 hour set. I was there right from start till end, even with my friends on my case about leaving I just couldn't do it especially the last 5 hours just beat my ear drums down. He played this one track at the end I still can't find the name of, it sounded like a tetris melody or video game.

Paul Ritch 2009. That set was one of the nastiest things I have ever heard, the whole set was flawless and I do not think I have ever danced so much in my life. Closing with Murder just was the perfect ending.

The night Umek was supposed to come but Lio came instead, from what I got from the crowd they were more happy to have Lio there anyway and so was I.

Richie Hawtin. Didn't buy pre sale tickets and suffered for it, ended up at cobra and then came back later on to be in front of the line towards the end of the night, we cheered on the people who were leaving shaking there hands as they walked by. We finally got in and didn't care how much it was at all, we just want to see Hawtin at footwork and it was really worth it.

Union 1 & 2. That's how much should be played

Old Post May-14-2012 23:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for i.ron.e Click here to Send i.ron.e a Private Message Visit i.ron.e's homepage! Add i.ron.e to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:

Great night on so many levels for me, saw tons of people, met tons of people, went with great people, Joris was fuckin on fire! I was on a huge Joris roll at the time and he didn't disappoint at all. The energy in that room was retarded.

Shitty video I took of that night, but still brings back tons of memories. Place was dark as fuck, beats were amazing, vibe was wonderful.

Old Post May-15-2012 00:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

Lee Burridge 2006 was by far my most memorable night musically.
Honourable mentions Danny Howells 2008, and Satoshi Tomiie 2010.

Danny Howells

Satoshi Tomiie

As for most wild night(s).. every Jaxx House comes to mind! So fun!!

Old Post May-15-2012 00:49  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

Thumbs up

Deadmau5 - June 2007 (one of my first FW experiences back when the mau5 was my taste and played that DIRTY ELECTRO SOUND)
Danny Howells - Sept. 2007 (one of the best sets I've ever heard and probably best FW party in terms of nutty vibe)
Chris Liebing & Tony Rohr - Dec 2008 (mind melting techno from both, just insane!!)
Speedy J - Sept 2009 (fucking relentless all night long)
Paul Ritch - April 2009 (huge huge build ups and massive bomb drops!! really really good mixing by paul)
JaxX Houze 8 (or 9?) - July 2009 (different styles of tribal from each dj and vibe was off the hook!!)
Victor Calderone - Jan 2010 (latest I've ever stayed at FW. lights came on at 6:10am and VC was still laying it down hard. techno side of VC and it was GOOD)

Last edited by PurpleHaze on May-16-2012 at 01:41

Old Post May-15-2012 01:53  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xJillx
i get deep.

Ummmmmmmm this is a toughy.... several come to mind....

Here are a list of my Favs:

Guy Gerber (probably my Favourite night at Footwork... Completely Epic in every way)
Richie Hawtin (of course)
Union (All of them) and the earlier Roaches vs Junkies
Joris Voorn

So many more that i am probably forgetting... these are just off the top of my head!

Old Post May-15-2012 02:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for xJillx Click here to Send xJillx a Private Message Visit xJillx's homepage! Add xJillx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
Originally posted by xJillx
So many more that i am probably forgetting...

Like your halloween birthday a few years back

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post May-15-2012 02:23  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by Cribby
Satoshi Tomiie 2010.

haha is the review u did with "scenes missing", dino dreaming or some thing funny like that. I love that review

Old Post May-15-2012 02:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
Shitty video I took of that night, but still brings back tons of memories. Place was dark as fuck, beats were amazing, vibe was wonderful.

wow ridic video (2:40 mark)

I forgot how good he was that night, he was relentless

Old Post May-15-2012 04:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > what is your all-time most epic night at Footwork? (the FW 7 Year Anniv thread)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack ID @ The Pool - London 2005 [2008] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSolar Stone – "Seven Cities" (V-One Dub Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread