Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > How Do You Become A Moderator?
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
stren
Strenowski

One day I will become one, and your sigs better look the fuck out!

insignificant cor member alliance

Old Post Aug-20-2012 08:37  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for stren Click here to Send stren a Private Message Visit stren's homepage! Add stren to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rdevito
Controlling Paradox

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
In order to deal with this international crisis, I took care of the PDD, and... yeah, that's pretty much my story.

I didn't know you are a mod until now Oh no, wait.....it was you that banned TheTrinity?
Well, anyway, quite a task you had until become a moderator. Well deserved, i suppose.

quote:
You're usually chosen by public acclaim (regional forums often have polls for moderators), resourcefulness, and whether or not the person is trustworthy.

Fair enough.

quote:
I've never met Swamper in my life, but I did have to send him naked pics for security reason. Or so I heard.

quote:
Originally posted by Coup
Years ago Tranceaddict had a chat room and a lot of the mods talked to Swamper most days in chat. I originally became mod of polls, then COR and MD, then Florida, then supermod, then admin entirely.

Never seeing you here i think? So hi
What is this TA chat room? Is it still running? IRC stuff?

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
I used to (and still do) spend a lot of time in the DJ Promo section listening to people's mixes, and helping out with hosting here and there. At some point Swamper made a thread asking for nominations, and a few people seemed to think I would be good at the job, so it ended up happening.

Yeah, definitely you are quite active on DJ Promo section, and i think all the moderators should be in their respective sections. So i suppose you 'nomination' as a moderator was also fair.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Despite Eric winning the poll

Eric is Vivid Boy, right?

Old Post Aug-20-2012 13:50  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for rdevito Click here to Send rdevito a Private Message Add rdevito to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
narcism
faithless fangirl

quote:
Originally posted by stren
One day I will become one, and your sigs better look the fuck out!

Old Post Aug-20-2012 15:06  Malta
Click Here to See the Profile for narcism Click here to Send narcism a Private Message Visit narcism's homepage! Add narcism to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
I have it on good authority that being passionate about birds and big-breasted birds is mandatory.

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
I can tell you, but first you must do the following to prepare for the penultimate transmogrification between the fifth and seventh bardo of evolutionary consciousness. If you haven't started your journey, I highly recommend purchasing The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. Read it and Melody Beattie's book, Codependent no More, while listening to Lost Tribe's "Gamemaster", on repeat, through a large-venue, JBL commercial PA installation.

It is important for you to alternate between each page of both books, for this to take effect. As you collate their pages, allow them to form a new set of instructions - made larger than the sum of their parts by your unholy fusion of self-help literature - that you must follow. Do this in one sitting with no food or water. Do not sleep until you are finished.

Once you have made manifest, through the law of attraction, a loveless, passionless, and meaningless relationship with a nurturing, helpful, and ultimately selfless, Range Rover salesman, you are ready to move onto the first step for obtaining moderating privileges.

You will need the following:

1. Fifty five-gallon buckets of commercial-fisherman grade chum
2. A trampoline
3. An above-ground, kidney shaped pool with at least 15,000 gallons of water and walls no higher than the height of the trampoline.
4. Duct tape
5. One abandoned industrial lot having a twenty-five-foot privacy fence and 10,000 square feet of warehouse space.
6. One football helmet
7. A cubit by cubit recreation of the Ark of the Convenant as it is described, in the Bible's Old Testament.

As soon as you have one through six, I might be able to send you #7, provided you can spring for shipping.

omfg these two posts just made my entire day. LOLOLOLOLOLOL x 1000

A key requirement to becoming a mod is that your personality works with that kind of responsibility. It is disheartening to see people in positions of 'forum power' turn into absolute fucktards simply because they can suspend people/edit their sigs.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Aug-20-2012 16:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FuzzQi
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Do mods get paid? Perks?

If not, anyone wanting to be one must be a loser with too much time on his or her hands.

quote:
Originally posted by Lagrangian
are you really that dense? is this the first forum you've ever subscribed to?

quote:
Actually, yes. The first and only.

You seem to try to gain my attention whenever the chance presents itself.

Would you like me to PM you, fag?

quote:
you're too fucking easy

NEXT!

quote:
Your mom is.

quote:
have you ever played any kind of competitive sport, chump?

These guys should be mods

Old Post Aug-22-2012 08:11  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for FuzzQi Click here to Send FuzzQi a Private Message Add FuzzQi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
I have it on good authority that being passionate about birds and big-breasted birds is mandatory. I don't see anyone but Stu and Lira being suitable for moderating these forums.

hey

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Aug-22-2012 16:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
'Mom insults' are so fucking lame and tasteless. Everyone who insults someone else's mother in an effort to hurt the person can eat a fucking bag of dicks. Idiots.

You actually set up a great "yo' momma" joke there, but I love you so I will refrain.

quote:

Old Post Aug-22-2012 16:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Originally posted by Moral Hazard
but I love you so I will refrain.

BLEGH GROSS KEEP IT OFF THE FORUMS STOP ADVERTISING BARFFFFFFFFffff

Old Post Aug-22-2012 16:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On

Beat me to it.

Old Post Aug-22-2012 16:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On

Sorry, I have difficulty controling my emotions some times. BTW, how can I go about having my dick included in your next bag of same? (should that be another thread alltogether?)

quote:

Old Post Aug-22-2012 16:47  Canada
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death

it will happen overnight if you listen to enough trance energy and tieso

Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?
i writed a song.

Old Post Aug-23-2012 06:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

#trancefamily

Old Post Aug-23-2012 15:36 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > How Do You Become A Moderator?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOlder Track, please ID [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMac & Mac - Listen (Mac Zimms remix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread