Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Damn, this is sad af
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Prometheus Xex
Still alive.

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*

I still have TOTA in my bookmarks bar

So do I. It's been there for years!

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
... my bookmark takes me right to TOTA - the only forum I ever check on here

Same :P

Old Post Nov-04-2017 21:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Prometheus Xex Click here to Send Prometheus Xex a Private Message Visit Prometheus Xex's homepage! Add Prometheus Xex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bluecloud
tranceaddict

Well I gave my two cents a while ago about why this joint is dead now.......damn shame

Old Post Nov-05-2017 16:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bluecloud Click here to Send bluecloud a Private Message Add bluecloud to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spin Laden
Nick Vachon approved

I have a whatsapp group for reviews with friends but TA was great for getting wider variety of ppl covering everything about the events. Maybe it'll make a comeback but with a new moniker? ;-)

Once I took a piss in front of everybody at Stereo. Put the garbage under the mixer, and did it right there while people were dancing and screaming. people thought I was playing with the mixer but I was playing with my zizi.

quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
a classic from the aria days:
me: are you on TA?
girl: uhhhh... im on speed

Old Post Nov-06-2017 18:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Spin Laden Click here to Send Spin Laden a Private Message Add Spin Laden to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rabbitjoker
aural sadist

Jester

Some of us are still around...

Dark Dirty Tech Tribal. | Hands in air (trance) and feet on the floor (house).

Old Post Nov-14-2017 17:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for rabbitjoker Click here to Send rabbitjoker a Private Message Visit rabbitjoker's homepage! Add rabbitjoker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r5a
snake inverter

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
FB is mostly full of surface level discussion -- anything of depth usually gets derailed/heated because most people aren't used to handling opposing viewpoints.

Look at Reddit - it is vanilla af and beyond popular. Biggest hit to TA style boards are smartphones and the fact that the party crowd now doesn't really care to write reviews/share their experiences. They're easily accessible and an insta/snapchat story will suffice to keep 'friends' in the loop.

i think reddit is popular due to digg selling out years ago and also the style and sheer amount of content. its easy, the vanilla is working for them. but really their surge of traffic is when digg died. that kevin rose fucker was onto something. maybe he just filled what the internet was missing back then

but yea youre 100% right about the snaps and insta. theyre all the rage now. honestly i dont give a fuck about insta or snaps.

Old Post Nov-14-2017 19:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by r5a
i think reddit is popular due to digg selling out years ago and also the style and sheer amount of content. its easy, the vanilla is working for them. but really their surge of traffic is when digg died. that kevin rose fucker was onto something. maybe he just filled what the internet was missing back then

but yea youre 100% right about the snaps and insta. theyre all the rage now. honestly i dont give a fuck about insta or snaps.

I know ALL about the "Digg Effect" -- that was my favourite site before they did that upgrade and ruined everything. It was also a lesson in how a change in interface can completely piss off all your users and kill a site within a week. Reddit was always the black sheep nobody talked about before that fuck up

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Nov-14-2017 19:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

Love

Damn I miss this forum...! I still check it from time to time for nostalgic reasons. I remember coming home from school or work and seeing all of page 1 and half of page 2 flagged with unread replies in less than 24hrs. A lot of my evenings would be spent reading, replying and listening to new sets posted...

Met a lot of amazing people here and honestly can say that I wouldn't be the person I am today without TA, as corny as that sounds.

Old Post Nov-14-2017 23:48  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by r5a

+1 on the snaps. If I never had to see a doe face on a person again, I could die a happy woman.

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze
Damn I miss this forum...! I still check it from time to time for nostalgic reasons. I remember coming home from school or work and seeing all of page 1 and half of page 2 flagged with unread replies in less than 24hrs. A lot of my evenings would be spent reading, replying and listening to new sets posted...

Met a lot of amazing people here and honestly can say that I wouldn't be the person I am today without TA, as corny as that sounds.

Totally agree with that last statement. I get so sentimental about it. lol

I still remember your drunk posts back in the day. God, we were babies.

Old Post Nov-15-2017 01:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
smuncky
Architect

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*

I still remember your drunk posts back in the day. God, we were babies.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...1&forumid=12&s=

"The best car-related innovation we have is not to improve the car, but eliminate the need to drive it everywhere we go.” -Alex Steffen

Old Post Nov-15-2017 12:44  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for smuncky Click here to Send smuncky a Private Message Visit smuncky's homepage! Add smuncky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Drunk thread = ban!!

Old Post Nov-15-2017 14:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DeezNutz
tranceaddict in training

I signed up after reading this thread lol. I only used the site for the event listings page. A bit surprised ppl still use this site, though honestly finding events is much easier here than on fb

Last edited by DeezNutz on Nov-20-2017 at 00:14

Old Post Nov-19-2017 05:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DeezNutz Click here to Send DeezNutz a Private Message Add DeezNutz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

That was part of the reason why I signed up as well

Back when I signed up the event listings were insane. Multiple events happening almost every day of the week. I can only imagine how many events were on here before I signed up.

Old Post Nov-19-2017 19:52 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Damn, this is sad af
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDavid Guetta Played it!! [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCosmos - Take Me With U (Freelance Hellraiser Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread